A Very Cheap and easy way of rewarding rank.

Most of us say it. "There's really no point in getting rank 1, you don't get anything."

But that isn't completely true. Think about the first time you hit rank 1 (or even 5) and that achievement popped up. It felt great. And it was on the front page of my steam profile, showing everyone what i achieved. When i hit rank 1 killer, the next time i jumped into a group with my SWF, I immediately went "check out my steam profile" and showed off my new achievement.

Now imagine if every month you could get another? Imagine if those people spamming you that you're trash loaded your profile and saw 4 months of straight rank 1 achievements? I'de like that.

What do ya'll think?

Comments

  • Most of us say it. "There's really no point in getting rank 1, you don't get anything."

    But that isn't completely true. Think about the first time you hit rank 1 (or even 5) and that achievement popped up. It felt great. And it was on the front page of my steam profile, showing everyone what i achieved. When i hit rank 1 killer, the next time i jumped into a group with my SWF, I immediately went "check out my steam profile" and showed off my new achievement.

    Now imagine if every month you could get another? Imagine if those people spamming you that you're trash loaded your profile and saw 4 months of straight rank 1 achievements? I'de like that.

    What do ya'll think?

    That'd be cool. Console doesn't get achievements for rank 1 though so not sure how that would work for us. Good concept but some people wouldn't care as it's just bragging rights. 
  • I think its too much work for the devs to make all that achievements. The easiest way to reword rankup is bloodpoints or something else.

  • @SmokePotion said:
    Think about the first time you hit rank 1 (or even 5) and that achievement popped up. It felt great.

    OBJECTION!
    I moreso had the feeling of: Thank GOD that's over with!

    @SmokePotion said:
    Now imagine if every month you could get another?

    Well, let's just say my total percentage of achievements gained would lower every month.

  • Nah. Getting to rank 1 doesn't mean too much now anyway. Just that you play a lot.

  • That wouldn't make me begin to care about Rank in the slightest.

  • Idea is great. But still meanigless to hit rank 1, cuz its no challenge. Any noob can hit rank 1 if he puts time into it.
  • @SmokePotion said:
    Most of us say it. "There's really no point in getting rank 1, you don't get anything."

    But that isn't completely true. Think about the first time you hit rank 1 (or even 5) and that achievement popped up. It felt great. And it was on the front page of my steam profile, showing everyone what i achieved. When i hit rank 1 killer, the next time i jumped into a group with my SWF, I immediately went "check out my steam profile" and showed off my new achievement.

    Now imagine if every month you could get another? Imagine if those people spamming you that you're trash loaded your profile and saw 4 months of straight rank 1 achievements? I'de like that.

    What do ya'll think?

    I want ingame stuff, I dont really care about achievments.

    Also they would need to rework the rank system first imo, right now its just a grind, no skill involved basically

  • As an achievement hunter, no thanks.

    However a simple cosmetic in-game item with text "Season 1 Rank 1" would be a cool idea.

    Also, isn't this game full of private profile people anyway?
    I haven't opened profiles anymore since March 2018.. (unless I had to report someone)

    EDIT: How are console profile pages anyway? Does it show achievements (trophies) there?

  • Still feel meaning less they should just give us 500,000 blood points for reaching rank 1 each season
  • Slay___ said:

    As an achievement hunter, no thanks.

    However a simple cosmetic in-game item with text "Season 1 Rank 1" would be a cool idea.

    Also, isn't this game full of private profile people anyway?
    I haven't opened profiles anymore since March 2018.. (unless I had to report someone)

    EDIT: How are console profile pages anyway? Does it show achievements (trophies) there?

    Depending on if thwy have an open profile that allows anyone to see the trophies(under mutual games) other then that no not really
  • That would completely screw over achievement hunters and completionists.

    Imagine getting the game this next June. That would be 36 different achievements that would be permanently inaccessible solely because they bought the game three years after its release.