Slap on some speed: A guide to BHVR’s Killer buff strategy

Clown weak? Slap on some speed

SM weak? Slap on some speed

Knight weak? Slap on some speed

Trapper weak? Slap on some speed

Comments

  • Other than Clown the Haste really isnt an essential part of their kit, you could easily take it away and they would all remain at the same spot on the tierlist

    Its just there to not lose as much distance for using your power

  • @Shroompy said:

    Other than Clown the Haste really isnt an essential part of their kit, you could easily take it away and they would all remain at the same spot on the tierlist

    Its just there to not lose as much distance for using your power

    Exactly, they get the call it a buff and say their work is done, while very little changes.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3547050#Comment_3547050

    Exactly, they get the call it a buff and say their work is done, while very little changes.

    Merchant literally just received a rework, what we got those few months ago we knew wasnt going to be permanent

    Knight also received a few buffs alongside the movement speed which would of been just fine on their own, the movement speed is just QoL really

    Trapper will still suck and we all know BHVR doesnt want to touch em too much because of new players. But it falls again into more QoL rather than a buff

  • I thought haste was an unstoppable, uncounterable, instantly game-winning buff. Been hearing about it for at least 3-4 months now.

    You mean to say that movement speed isn't actually as impactful as people try to claim?

    Shocking.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    Clown weak? Slap on some speed

    SM weak? Slap on some speed

    Knight weak? Slap on some speed

    Trapper weak? Slap on some speed

    trappers buff makes 0 sense. the issue wast losing distance off placing traps bhvr... its how long it takes to setup up your web to begin with...

    trapper sack basekit when?

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    I thought haste was an unstoppable, uncounterable, instantly game-winning buff. Been hearing about it for at least 3-4 months now.

    You mean to say that movement speed isn't actually as impactful as people try to claim?

    Shocking.

    This is about bandaid fixes that are lackluster at best and do nothing to make the Killer more interesting and fun. Yet you still manage to make this about MFT being fine. You really cannot help yourself, can you?

  • @caipt said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/392117/slap-on-some-speed-a-guide-to-bhvr-s-killer-buff-strategy

    trappers buff makes 0 sense. the issue wast losing distance off placing traps bhvr... its how long it takes to setup up your web to begin with...

    trapper sack basekit when?

    6 years (after a twins rework that will somehow make them weaker)

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    I thought haste was an unstoppable, uncounterable, instantly game-winning buff. Been hearing about it for at least 3-4 months now.

    You mean to say that movement speed isn't actually as impactful as people try to claim?

    Shocking.

    exactly this.

  • @caipt said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/392117/slap-on-some-speed-a-guide-to-bhvr-s-killer-buff-strategy

    trappers buff makes 0 sense. the issue wast losing distance off placing traps bhvr... its how long it takes to setup up your web to begin with...

    trapper sack basekit when?

    It should not be, have traps spawn close to middle of the map. Not start with all traps.

    There is a huge different between him not spending 1min and a half to get those 2 traps at the corner, while still requires a min to collect traps and place...

    ...And completely remove all the collecting time.

    Alot people just dont understand how broken that idea is. That addon comes with no pickup traps for a reason.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    I thought haste was an unstoppable, uncounterable, instantly game-winning buff. Been hearing about it for at least 3-4 months now.

    You mean to say that movement speed isn't actually as impactful as people try to claim?

    Shocking.

    good luck catching someone after stopping and setting a trap mid-chase. he'd be god tier if he got like 3% speed after he gets a hit and never loses it.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3547052#Comment_3547052

    Merchant literally just received a rework, what we got those few months ago we knew wasnt going to be permanent

    Knight also received a few buffs alongside the movement speed which would of been just fine on their own, the movement speed is just QoL really

    Trapper will still suck and we all know BHVR doesnt want to touch em too much because of new players. But it falls again into more QoL rather than a buff

    Wait, did we know that? Did we know that Caitlyn 3Genner's first rework wasn't permanent? As far as I remember it took a bit until we got info that she was due for another rework. Doesn't make a difference to your point, I'm just curious.

    I just realised, I'll need a new nick name for SM once the changes go to live. Damn.

    I consider Trapper's and Knight's haste effects to be more of a quality of life improvement too. Sure, there are some situations where these can make a real difference but mostly I think they're only in place to make these killers feel less clunky and slow. Which is fine by me. Trapper needs more than a simply haste effect and more traps to be a good killer and Knight seems to be quite alright in terms of strength. Although I pray for the day when a brown addon is no longer necessary to make his power work.

    Still, I think this Trapper buff will actually make me play him a bit more often.

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3547056#Comment_3547056

    Wait, did we know that? Did we know that Caitlyn 3Genner's first rework wasn't permanent? As far as I remember it took a bit until we got info that she was due for another rework. Doesn't make a difference to your point, I'm just curious.

    I just realised, I'll need a new nick name for SM once the changes go to live. Damn.

    I consider Trapper's and Knight's haste effects to be more of a quality of life improvement too. Sure, there are some situations where these can make a real difference but mostly I think they're only in place to make these killers feel less clunky and slow. Which is fine by me. Trapper needs more than a simply haste effect and more traps to be a good killer and Knight seems to be quite alright in terms of strength. Although I pray for the day when a brown addon is no longer necessary to make his power work.

    Still, I think this Trapper buff will actually make me play him a bit more often.

    Her 3 gen capabilities were no secret by the time she got that mini rework. I remember either a post on the forums or a reply on twitter stating that SM wasnt going to be left alone shortly after the mini rework came out

  • Well, if it works it works. The Haste helped all of those killers to varying degrees, and it'll help Trapper too.