Only 2 Perk Changes... Really?
There are so many useless perks in this game. We wait for months for a patch to potentially make changes to those perks and what we get is only 2 perks getting touched by adjusting a simple number. What is so scary and difficult about making these changes that you have to take 3 month breaks between each change?
There are so many perks with absurdly low pick-rates that aren't worth running or unlocking. I can list some off the top of my head for survivors:
Premonition, Red Herring, Poised, Solidarity, Calm Spirit, This is not Happening, Power of Two, Collective Stealth, Corrective Action, Rookie Spirit, Better than New, Blood Pact, Cut Loose, Dark Sense, Inner Focus, Low Profile, Pharmacy, Quick Gambit, Up the Ante... and others.
All these options and after months of thinking you came up with "Let's make 4 second sprint 5 seconds for Background Player"... I see so many people sharing great ideas here that would make a lot of perks more fun/realistic to run and you really don't get any inspiration from them... It's just disappointing...
Comments
Agreed. I understand creating and maintaining a live service game like DbD can't be easy, but at the same time I just cannot fathom why it takes so long for weak perks to be buffed. And then when they do get buffed it's a 1 second number change...
Only 2 perk changes in a three month period is not good enough. There's a massive efficiency problem going on at BHVR.
(Also on an unrelated note, I'd like to extend an apology to you for being uncivil in a thread a few days back. I didn't approach the conversation well and I regret that.)
Exactly. It's so weird how the smallest change takes months. Some of the perks I listed don't even require a complex overhaul. Looking at how long it takes to see these mundane changes I can't imagine when the perks I listed will be worth running. I'm getting old.
(Likewise. I also felt guilty and even thought about sending a message to you but your profile was private. I apologize if I made you upset. Sometimes debates get heated but it's not worth it. I'm actually quite fond of your commentary and love your username.๐)
Decisive strike should be buffed back to 5 seconds and Inner Focus killer aura range should be increased to 64m (32m is too short in my opinion). Very disappointing perk changes...
I had the same thought! I was just about to reach out when I saw that you'd made this thread so I thought I'd just leave a comment here instead.
I also enjoy your insight in a lot of the threads I've seen you in. I'm glad there's no hard feelings.
Best wishes out there in the Fog!
(and here's to hoping that BHVR picks up the pace with addressing underwhelming perks ๐).