Realistically, do we need 10 Macmillan maps?
As per the new Dev Update, Macmillan is receiving a change so that all current maps are getting a second version.
To me, this reads as similar to Badham (I-V) and RPD (East and West). My question- did we really need 2 versions of every Macmillan map, for a total of 10? Unless I'm reading this wrong, it means that we'll have double chances for Coal Tower, Suffocation Pit, Storehouse, Shelter Woods (oh god), and Ironwords, for a grand total of 10.
Seems just a bit extra to me.

Comments
correct.... still should just be 1 or 2...
me playin the dredge or the nightmare
oh yeah for sure, imo all maps should have a couple variants but only 1-2
given how many maps are one-sided, however, i would prefer they focus more on rebalancing the ones we have. good thing they're doing that for borgo at least
Actually that makes sense, but at the same time, they could do to make them more different areas of Spingwood or such, you know? It's still in the long run 5 versions of the exact same map disguised as 5 separate maps. So like I said, I really hope don't get Coal Tower I and Coal Tower II, etc. Especially with as I said, the Map Prevention going by actual map and not Realm, even with their supposed 50% lower chance or whatever of those kind of maps, we still get Badham Preschool right after Badham Preschool WAY TOO OFTEN.
Honestly, IMO that as a fix would be great. Swap the map prevention to be Realm based rather than Map based.
I'd rather we get a map blocker that locks out the previous 2 maps that each player in the lobby has play on. There is plenty of map variety, we just need a system that promotes them.
That has been implented.
at least, it's guaranteed for the next game. Its chances of appearing are then increased gradually over the course of 4 (?) games. Barring map offerings.
And also green wards, for some reason.
Honestly im not so sure that new varients of macmillan maps needed to be a thing with the already horrendous map design allowing for pallet into pallet into pallet or window into window.
Unfortunately it's map specific, not Real specific. Meaning you can easily get stuck in a Badham loop because the game doesn't care you've already been to Springwood, just that you've been to Badham 1-4 and it can give you 5.
Statistically very unlikely, but I'd like it if it stopped situations like this and actually made you play on varied Realms.