I really don't see the point in playing against a Skull Merchant

There's nothing engaging about her playstyle. 20-minute games in which you desperately try to break her 3-gen that she guards from the very start is not fun in any objective way, and I am not convinced her changes did anything to address that. Against other killers, you can usually break the 3-gen, even when you can't coordinate with other survivors. If you're not in an SWF against her? It's essentially futile. I only had one game in which that worked and I clocked it at closing in on 30 minutes.

There's also the problem that many players just give up when it seems like the game has grinded to a stand-still, and I don't blame anyone for that. I'd rather move on as well at that point.

Honestly, if she gets nerfed because of an artificially inflated kill rate because of that, then good riddance. That killer was a disappointment ever since her identity was revealed and continues to be.

I'm not sure what could be done to improve her without completely reworking her power (which, let's be honest, should be done. She has drones and they don't even fly around and scout the map or something?!?), but something needs to happen. IMO, she's starting to become as much a plague as basement-camping Insidious Bubbas, and at this point, I'd rather face those over her.

Comments

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3629742#Comment_3629742

    Sure

    I wish good luck to the people responsible to analise whether the player is refusing to play the game or just playing badly

    While it would be incredibly difficult to report the players in game, outright saying that you refuse to play against a killer on the forums is much easier to identify as rulebreaking and thus those posts get deleted.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3629744#Comment_3629744

    While it would be incredibly difficult to report the players in game, outright saying that you refuse to play against a killer on the forums is much easier to identify as rulebreaking and thus those posts get deleted.

    Sure

    "I don't know how to play against Skull Merchant, I'm so bad at the game, I died to her everytime :( "

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3629747#Comment_3629747

    Sure

    "I don't know how to play against Skull Merchant, I'm so bad at the game, I died to her everytime :( "

    I'm not sure what relavance what you're saying here has to our conversation, sorry.

  • @Alionis said:

    There's nothing engaging about her playstyle. 20-minute games in which you desperately try to break her 3-gen that she guards from the very start is not fun in any objective way, and I am not convinced her changes did anything to address that. Against other killers, you can usually break the 3-gen, even when you can't coordinate with other survivors. If you're not in an SWF against her? It's essentially futile. I only had one game in which that worked and I clocked it at closing in on 30 minutes.

    There's also the problem that many players just give up when it seems like the game has grinded to a stand-still, and I don't blame anyone for that. I'd rather move on as well at that point.

    Honestly, if she gets nerfed because of an artificially inflated kill rate because of that, then good riddance. That killer was a disappointment ever since her identity was revealed and continues to be.

    I'm not sure what could be done to improve her without completely reworking her power (which, let's be honest, should be done. She has drones and they don't even fly around and scout the map or something?!?), but something needs to happen. IMO, she's starting to become as much a plague as basement-camping Insidious Bubbas, and at this point, I'd rather face those over her.

    Why are y'all STILL complaining about this? BHVR is currently focusing on trying to resolve this problem and y'all keep ignoring that acting like they're doing nothing about it-

  • Snooze Merchant games are always boring. Never ever have I experienced a Skull Merchant with a personality or not playing exactly like the previous one. Could almost fool yourself into believing it's the same killer player.

  • I only read the Discussion Titel and i already know i completly agree.

  • Honestly I find her rework more fun to play against.

  • I really doubt a rework as BHVR has made it clear how lazy/incompetent they are. The only hope is massive nerfs hopefully to the point were most people find her unplayable.

  • @Azulra said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/390299/i-really-dont-see-the-point-in-playing-against-a-skull-merchant

    Why are y'all STILL complaining about this? BHVR is currently focusing on trying to resolve this problem and y'all keep ignoring that acting like they're doing nothing about it-

    Since you quoted me as the original poster, I would like to point out that this thread was from SEPTEMBER 2023 and someone randomly revived it yesterday. My complaints were from BEFORE her rework.

    I am in fact NOT still complaining about this.

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3533530#Comment_3533530

    While I agree that disconnecting isn't the right move, you immediately know the match will not be fun the moment you see her drones for the first time. It doesn't matter, if she intends to defend a 3gen or only wants to showcase her lack of counterplay in chase. You're screwed either way and there is no fun to be had. Deactivating drones isn't fun. Breaking a 3gen for 20 minutes isn't fun. And a killer that presses M2 to immediately put you in a lose-lose situation with no effort isn't fun either.

    I made this post about a different version of the killer, I don't think it's super constructive to try and argue against it now?

    @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3533530#Comment_3533530

    As for how to fix her, you don't need to radically overhaul her power. You just need to lean into it being versatile and strategic, while lessening its direct lethality and removing certain addons. It's already capable of doing far more than 3-genning, just not very well. So... make it better at those things with number buffs, and retool her addons to better support those playstyles, while nerfing its area-denial capability by removing Lock-On. That's my pitch.

    Do you have a full concept for her?

    Skull Merchant isn't a part of the Old DBD, so she is outside my area of expertise. I'm genuinely curious to know what her players wanted to do with her.

    I did, actually! Here was my writeup: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/384363/fixing-the-skull-merchant#latest

    Though, for the record, I'm mostly fine with the new rework. I don't think it has all the same strengths as her old design, but it maintains the strongest/most straightforward method of playing old Skull Merchant while being much much healthier. I'd have preferred to see something more along the lines of what I proposed, of course, but I don't blame BHVR for playing it safe and shifting her further away.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3629667#Comment_3629667

    I made this post about a different version of the killer, I don't think it's super constructive to try and argue against it now?

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3629674#Comment_3629674

    I did, actually! Here was my writeup: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/384363/fixing-the-skull-merchant#latest

    Though, for the record, I'm mostly fine with the new rework. I don't think it has all the same strengths as her old design, but it maintains the strongest/most straightforward method of playing old Skull Merchant while being much much healthier. I'd have preferred to see something more along the lines of what I proposed, of course, but I don't blame BHVR for playing it safe and shifting her further away.

    I like your idea, my friend! You came up with a good concept, I'd definitely prefer it over what we actually got.

  • @Alionis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3629756#Comment_3629756

    Since you quoted me as the original poster, I would like to point out that this thread was from SEPTEMBER 2023 and someone randomly revived it yesterday. My complaints were from BEFORE her rework.

    I am in fact NOT still complaining about this.

    My apologies I didn't realize that because I just saw that the post was listed as "new" for me since I never opened this post before. Sorry for the misunderstanding-

  • Missed opportunity to actually make her a merchant of skulls. Imagine going to a control station and crafting a skull shotgun that chatters when it shoots and goes “neahaha!” every time you land a hit.

    And give her a Skeletor skin with a new mori.

    ”THE PIZZA DWIGHT! EAT IT!”

1 2 ›