I really dislike that xeno's bipedal stance is pretty much underused most of the trial
Crawler mode / quadrupedal stance has both antiloop power & reduced TR, while bipedal stance, undoubtly the most iconic & menacing is pretty much "4.6 m1 default killer".
the closer alien release gets, the more I dislike that.
I get it was probably harder to animate tail attack for bipedal stance or how devs really wanted players to see th quadrupedal stance which clearly took a lot of resources,etc. but the fact we're pretty much a lesser threat in the more aggressive and less hidden stance is just weird.
It would've made more sense if Xenomorph had his antiloop power while in bipedal stance, where he is more visible as he (both player and character) feels stronger, while quadrupedal stance is the one with just reduced terror radius and was the "I got burned, I need to go into tunnels" stance as Xenomorph tries to conceal himself and go back into shadows.
Is it just me or anybody else dislikes how it is visually done rn?
Comments
To me it really feels like theres something missing to his power, sort of like how Nemesis felt during his release
The main reasoning behind that is exactly this. Why does he have 2 stances when hes going to be in one of them for 90% of the match? Hes probably the least threatening killer as well outside of Runner Mode considering youre not trying to prevent him from getting his power like Oni, hes just a basic killer.
My bet is he had a similar thing happen to him as Nemesis. They had an idea for a power that was too hard to implement and had to settle for something else
Is Nemesis having a different power originally something the devs has said or is that just speculation on your part?
We know that they've confirmed that they tried to give Xeno a wall crawling ability early on, but due to how much of an enourmous task it was, as well as being a risk gameplay wise, they dropped it.
Im pretty sure I heard some where he was meant to have a throw ability similar to Wesker but at the time they werent able to.
Also a wall climb would of been awesome ngl
Im pretty sure I heard some where he was meant to have a throw ability similar to Wesker but at the time they werent able to.
Would love a source on that.
Also a wall climb would of been awesome ngl
Yeah wall climbing would be great, however what we have for Xeno currently is actually unprecedented for DBD killer gameplay since this is the first killer to move on all 4, something that bhvr actually worked months on to achieve, so now that we have one, it might possibly lead to more killers moving on more than just 2 legs in the future.
Also judging by how Xeno's tunnel system was originally what bhvr wanted for Demo's tunnel teleport, but didn't have the manpower and technology to achieve it back then, maybe we can get something like Wall Crawling at some point in the future if the game keeps evolving.
Unfortunately I dont have a source on the Nemesis thing as I dont remember where I heard it. One thing tho is it is kind of reinforced by the trailer, being him yeeting Meg.
I kinda hope they don't start making a bunch of killers that crawl along the ground.
I had fun playing Xenomorph in the ptb, but I don't like the way the camera is positioned. I didn't really care for it with Victor either to be honest and it does make it a bit harder to navigate the weirder loop shapes on some maps.
That's Xenomorph in a nutshell, lots of mechanical bits from other killers with improvements on them. Which is great because they make the killer instantly comfy to play lowered PoV aside. I can do the same little bends that can I do with Nemmy and I enjoy the vastly improved tunneling they came up with from Demo's Upside Down mechanic.
I hope they do make more killers in the future that crawls on the ground with multiple legs, we might actually get some more variety in killer design that isn't just killers walking on two legs only.
The camera position never bothered me, however they can always raise it if needed, they did it with Blight so they can do it with Xeno as well.
Source for wall crawling ability is Senior Game Designer Janick Neveu from BHVR:
""[...] originally, we pitched the idea of crawling on walls. Like it's something we explored, but it was turned off quite quickly. Just because of the sheer amount of work it would have involved because our game is not built that way, right, our killer walks on a plane and it's very solid that way. But as soon as we try to play with that, it becomes very fragile."
I feel like the point isn't that xeno was supposed to have a different power altogether, but that the current design we ended up with feels lacking something.
I'm aware of what Janick has said both in the interview and on this forum during the ptb, but considering that other features like AI og Xeno's tunnel system to name a few wasn't possible back in the day as well, however became possible later on because the game kept evolving, i makes me firmly believe that if the game continues to evolve, that we'll reach a point sooner or later where it'll be possible in some way or form.
Yes, i'm aware of that was the point but the focus of that reply was more directed at the Nemesis claim than about Xeno.
But to address that point about Xeno solely, i'm going to say that there isn't really much else you can realistically do with Xeno's kit as it stands.
None of the above apart from Wall Crawling wouldn't really make Xeno feel any less lacking or more unique.
Realistically all you could really do is add haste and undetectable while in Runner Mode, but that doesn't really make it anymore unique than what it currently is.
-
Also if we look at it objectively, everything the Xeno drone does in Alien 1 is present in it's power for DBD.
As for Runner mode, it's more of a thing from Aliens and the Animation for it in-game is based after the same crawling animation that is seen in Alien: Isolation, just like it's lobby intro animation in DBD.