So why haven't weapons that are part of a linked set able to be used with other cosmetics?

There is no good reason that I can make up in my mind why a killer set weapon can't be used along with other cosmetics.

Comments

  • Greed. You want one piece, they force you to buy all three. This would make sense if there was something special attached to it, like different music or other characteristics that changed the character in some way. For the vast majority of the sets, it's just greed.

  • Same for linked survivor hairstyles. They said they were going to unlink them on a case by case basis. This was around 2 years ago...

  • I refuse to purchase linked cosmetics using Auric Cells. I just wait until they're available with Shards. ๐Ÿ˜‡

    Most linked cosmetics (excluding licenses) can easily be unlinked and separated without any issues but they just refuse to do it.