I don't see why she shouldn't be, but I have no interest in her being added.
We have Sadako and Rin already. She might be iconic in Japan, but she's still very similar.
It's kinda like Michael and Jason. Yes Jason is iconic, but at this point, would he really be adding anything to the game?
We have Ghostface and Myers they are similar and they have the same power but used differently so why not add kayako who is different with her abilities than sadako?
We have Ghostface and Myers they are similar and they have the same power but used differently so why not add kayako who is different with her abilities than sadako?
They might both have powers that Expose, which is unique to DBD, but they're nothing a like in terms of theme, design or lore. Other than the fact that they 'wear a mask'.
Myers and Jason however are far more similar; large build, innately evil, seemingly invincible, relentless stalkers with massive knives.
I would say no, don't get me wrong, i like Kayako and i would not really be that opposed to it, but we already got 3 Japanese characters, including 2 Onryōs. I think that alone would make her much less special and we should get a lot more characters/killers from folklore from different countries rather than just a handful of places.
I love Kayako and Ju-on, but it would just feel redundant, imo. We have two onryo in the game already, can't really justify another with so many more distinct killers still out there.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
She and Sadako are Japan's two most popular horror villains, so naturally she should be included.
I don't see why she shouldn't be, but I have no interest in her being added.
We have Sadako and Rin already. She might be iconic in Japan, but she's still very similar.
It's kinda like Michael and Jason. Yes Jason is iconic, but at this point, would he really be adding anything to the game?
Kayako and Sadako the Tag Team Champions
Sure, you can set him up with water pools that make him pause in fear instead of pallets.
Hide in tents, not lockers. Have sex and he appears instantly. Stay a virgin and you get out alive.
Plenty of options.
Sarcasm aside, I'd love to see Jason added just because he is an icon. You have Freddy, you have Myers, you need to complete the slasher trio.
We have Ghostface and Myers they are similar and they have the same power but used differently so why not add kayako who is different with her abilities than sadako?
They might both have powers that Expose, which is unique to DBD, but they're nothing a like in terms of theme, design or lore. Other than the fact that they 'wear a mask'.
Myers and Jason however are far more similar; large build, innately evil, seemingly invincible, relentless stalkers with massive knives.
yes massive yes. my current dream chapter. she is next to sadako one of the most iconic horror movie character in japan.
I would say no, don't get me wrong, i like Kayako and i would not really be that opposed to it, but we already got 3 Japanese characters, including 2 Onryōs. I think that alone would make her much less special and we should get a lot more characters/killers from folklore from different countries rather than just a handful of places.
I love Kayako and Ju-on, but it would just feel redundant, imo. We have two onryo in the game already, can't really justify another with so many more distinct killers still out there.
I think she's too similar to Sadako visually and thematically. Doesn't help that she's almost unknown outside of Japan.