Can't open steam profiles in endgame screen
I think since the new update I can't click on the names in the scoreboard to open the steam links. Someone has this aswell? Is that a change on purpose ?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Looking at player profiles rarely works on PS4 now, too.
That only works for survivors.
Killers have to resort to these; https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1548527336
It used to work on both sides but for some reason it got removed from killers, on purpose.
I forgot if a reason was said or not..
I hope this is an intended feature for a test as there is no reason to see a steam profile it just breeds more toxicity, they should remove the option to see them on both sides and when you send a report it links the profile to the devs only.
Do you have a source to that reason of removal?
Anyway, I have found it handy in reporting legacy cheaters.
Usually when I see legacy clothing I check the profile page and check the profile page age (less than 10% have changed default Steam privacy setting to show game data publicly), if the age is newer than legacy cut off date -> report. Works nicely even on private Steam profiles.
As i said this was done due to survivors not only seeing what killers they played most but the fact people could block the killer in steam for various reasons and dodge.
MLGA then became a hot topic as more people started using it and they then added a way to block people which the devs then stated it is no longer whitelisted. It's not rocket science to see why both were done as players blocked for tunnelling, camping, playing nurse etc normal things in the game.
It used to be useful for file hacks for clothing as these were stored on your own hdd but these should now be caught with save files being on the dbd server, yes some can work around for a while but they will eventually be caught I'd hope.
Sadly this method is not working when I player killer.
I'm having this problem too on PS4. Hasn't stopped people from messaging me though.