Possible solution for hook camping and tunneling killers?

I have seen unfair amount of these kind of killers now.. Very sad and not so good for the DBD community.

Camping killers:

  • Drastically slow down hook timer if killer is in presence (If killer is Next to hook X amount of time in X meters from the hook)
  • Maybe even slow down killer movement and attack speed in the area because the one who comes to save you gets downed and the cycle continues.
  • When exit gates are powered, the hook timer is normal

Tunneling has been very common now too, so maybe in case of tunneling the hook timer would be even greater if 4 survivors are alive and you are getting downed right after getting unhooked if no one else has been hooked before you?

I have 2k hours in the game and I feel like I am many times matched with killers who have around 300h playtime, who obviously are too focused on getting a kill right on the start.

I have had very good, hard and fair killers who do not camp or tunnel, and the matches are more than enjoyable, this is a case when I don't mind dying or losing as a team because it feels more of a win.


PS. Remove Skull merchant, or nerf the drones -1 active drone each gen activated or only 1-2 drone can be active at the same time

Comments

  • I LOVE BEING RESTRICTED TO PLAY EXACTLY THE SAME WAY EVERY MATCH


  • @RE91 said:

    I have seen unfair amount of these kind of killers now.. Very sad and not so good for the DBD community.

    Camping killers:

    • Drastically slow down hook timer if killer is in presence (If killer is Next to hook X amount of time in X meters from the hook)
    • Maybe even slow down killer movement and attack speed in the area because the one who comes to save you gets downed and the cycle continues.
    • When exit gates are powered, the hook timer is normal

    Tunneling has been very common now too, so maybe in case of tunneling the hook timer would be even greater if 4 survivors are alive and you are getting downed right after getting unhooked if no one else has been hooked before you?

    I have 2k hours in the game and I feel like I am many times matched with killers who have around 300h playtime, who obviously are too focused on getting a kill right on the start.

    I have had very good, hard and fair killers who do not camp or tunnel, and the matches are more than enjoyable, this is a case when I don't mind dying or losing as a team because it feels more of a win.

    PS. Remove Skull merchant, or nerf the drones -1 active drone each gen activated or only 1-2 drone can be active at the same time

    "Remove Skull merchant"

    So many topics lately are "I don't like something, remove it from the game"

    It's never going to happen. Remove an entire character from the game? That's even more hopeful than people demanding perks or Bloodlust be removed.

  • @RE91 said:

    I have seen unfair amount of these kind of killers now.. Very sad and not so good for the DBD community.

    Camping killers:

    • Drastically slow down hook timer if killer is in presence (If killer is Next to hook X amount of time in X meters from the hook)
    • Maybe even slow down killer movement and attack speed in the area because the one who comes to save you gets downed and the cycle continues.
    • When exit gates are powered, the hook timer is normal

    Tunneling has been very common now too, so maybe in case of tunneling the hook timer would be even greater if 4 survivors are alive and you are getting downed right after getting unhooked if no one else has been hooked before you?

    I have 2k hours in the game and I feel like I am many times matched with killers who have around 300h playtime, who obviously are too focused on getting a kill right on the start.

    I have had very good, hard and fair killers who do not camp or tunnel, and the matches are more than enjoyable, this is a case when I don't mind dying or losing as a team because it feels more of a win.

    PS. Remove Skull merchant, or nerf the drones -1 active drone each gen activated or only 1-2 drone can be active at the same time

    I think your opponents' playtime of only 300 hours is unrelated to their gameplay style. It's more likely due to your skill level matching you with those killers. Also, I don't quite understand why you think developers should delete the characters they've created. If you wish to remove killers, you might as well play a generator repair simulator. Killers resort to camping and tunneling because survivors repair generators too quickly. M1 killers have to use these tactics to counter that. You claim to have played for 2000 hours, but your statements sound more like those of a beginner with only 20 hours of experience.

  • Unless you want to heavily restrict player autonomy to the point that Survivor queue times are three weeks long, there's nothing you can do about tunnelling. If you want to tell the Killer who they can chase, how they can chase them, when they can chase them and what to do if they win that chase, you might be better off petitioning for Killer bots being added. No actual person is going to sit through red-light-green-light just to play the game to the satisfaction of people who, let's face it, will accuse them of tunnelling anyway.

  • I just want to note that these are just a possible solutions suggestions, testing would be required in order to see if it would be better or worse.

  • @RE91 said:

    I have seen unfair amount of these kind of killers now.. Very sad and not so good for the DBD community.

    Camping killers:

    • Drastically slow down hook timer if killer is in presence (If killer is Next to hook X amount of time in X meters from the hook)
    • Maybe even slow down killer movement and attack speed in the area because the one who comes to save you gets downed and the cycle continues.
    • When exit gates are powered, the hook timer is normal

    Tunneling has been very common now too, so maybe in case of tunneling the hook timer would be even greater if 4 survivors are alive and you are getting downed right after getting unhooked if no one else has been hooked before you?

    I have 2k hours in the game and I feel like I am many times matched with killers who have around 300h playtime, who obviously are too focused on getting a kill right on the start.

    I have had very good, hard and fair killers who do not camp or tunnel, and the matches are more than enjoyable, this is a case when I don't mind dying or losing as a team because it feels more of a win.

    PS. Remove Skull merchant, or nerf the drones -1 active drone each gen activated or only 1-2 drone can be active at the same time

    Before jumping into conclusions, we have to figure out *why* killers resort to those alledged tactics.

    Killers currently are not incentivized to go for chases because of the MFT+Resi meta. Logically if you have 1 person on hook, another will come to save, so at most you only have 2 on gens. If you camp him to death you'll be in a 3 v 1 , catching someone again means only one person on gens.

    However, if you go for a chase instead of defending hook, you'll get 3 people on gens with one of them repairing gens 9% faster while you waste time chasing an mft+resi surv.

    When you put it into perspective like this its blatantly obvious the core issue is the injured state not being that big of a deal anymore so people don't waste time on heals , hence forcing killers to apply forced time waste.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3514890#Comment_3514890

    Camping and tunneling has been a huge issue since before MFT, that's just the most trending justification.

    Before that it was CoH. Before that it was DH. Even when MFT gets nerfed for you, it will change nothing.

    Camping and tunneling, is the easiest way to win, because you can't be mind gamed or outplayed. Its low risk, high reward. Plain and simple.

    Why would someone work hard for a win, when they can stand around and count on bad teamwork to hand them a victory with only one hand on the controls.

    Camping NEEDS to be addressed, because it completely removes a players ability to play the game, and that shouldn't be allowed. The vast majority of competitive games ban, or don't allow for spawn sniping, or hostage taking of players. The first player found by a camping killer literally doesn't get to play the game at all.

    I agree the tunnel needs to be reduced, I hope you also agree to make the survivors make 8 generators at 90%, and not tunnel 5 generators at 100%

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3514890#Comment_3514890

    Camping and tunneling has been a huge issue since before MFT, that's just the most trending justification.

    Before that it was CoH. Before that it was DH. Even when MFT gets nerfed for you, it will change nothing.

    Camping and tunneling, is the easiest way to win, because you can't be mind gamed or outplayed. Its low risk, high reward. Plain and simple.

    Why would someone work hard for a win, when they can stand around and count on bad teamwork to hand them a victory with only one hand on the controls.

    Camping NEEDS to be addressed, because it completely removes a players ability to play the game, and that shouldn't be allowed. The vast majority of competitive games ban, or don't allow for spawn sniping, or hostage taking of players. The first player found by a camping killer literally doesn't get to play the game at all.

    Yeah... because both COH and DH discouraged chasing or made it extremely time wasteful.

    If you want killers to take chases, then being injured should be dangerous enough to warrant 2 survivors wasting time on heals.

    If being injured gives you a 3% haste and 9% gen repair boost, then a killer hitting a survivor is effectively self sabotage.