Any solo survivors enjoying the current meta?

How? What am I doing wrong? I find myself wanting to leave and dc games withing the first 30 seconds. I use to be able to play this game for several hours straight, now I can't even stomach playing for 2 games in a row. Is anyone actually having fun as survivor right now?

Comments

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519270#Comment_3519270

    My bad - I thought OP said that the only people disagreeing and saying they could have a good time as solo survivor are people not actually playing survivor / are killer mains.

    If you go back and read, every time I call someone out for being a killer main they either ignore it or leave the thread. Every single solo survivor main in here, agreed with me that they aren't having fun in the current meta.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519300#Comment_3519300

    If you go back and read, every time I call someone out for being a killer main they either ignore it or leave the thread. Every single solo survivor main in here, agreed with me that they aren't having fun in the current meta.

    Ok.

    I am saying I have fun.

    I stream the game after work in Discord and just talk to my friends/do tome challenges while playing alone.

    I have done all the challenges, most of the 'hard' achievements, etc.

    I let people live a lot as killer, and sometimes throw the killer a bone if they got stomped.

    I don't use items, and rarely use strong add-ons.

    I genuinely play to have a good time and/or kill time

    Am I a killer main?

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519303#Comment_3519303

    Ok.

    I am saying I have fun.

    I stream the game after work in Discord and just talk to my friends/do tome challenges while playing alone.

    I have done all the challenges, most of the 'hard' achievements, etc.

    I let people live a lot as killer, and sometimes throw the killer a bone if they got stomped.

    I don't use items, and rarely use strong add-ons.

    I genuinely play to have a good time and/or kill time

    Am I a killer main?

    No but it sounds like you also don't care about winning and I think that's the only way you can enjoy the game right now. And as someone who does care about winning, this isn't the game for me right now.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519310#Comment_3519310

    No but it sounds like you also don't care about winning and I think that's the only way you can enjoy the game right now. And as someone who does care about winning, this isn't the game for me right now.

    I win a fair bit on both sides - It's generally a coin toss.

    I'll probably lose a bunch later today doing the Sabo 3 hook tome challenge, but that's a necessary sacrifice to be a tome completionist T_T

    I don't have an issue with anyone being scummy on either side either - IE Letting Survivor 3 die on hook if it is impossible to escape otherwise to try for hatch, tunneling, etc. It's the reality of the game - It's not going anywhere.

    I actually read/show stuff on the forums when I'm talking to my friends and they are usually pretty interested in the variety of experiences people have on either side. The end game chat is also pretty interesting for them as they see my viewpoint throughout the game compared to what other people say happened during the match.

    One of my friends said she thinks DBD is the most popular 'unplayable' game on the planet @_@

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519312#Comment_3519312

    I win a fair bit on both sides - It's generally a coin toss.

    I'll probably lose a bunch later today doing the Sabo 3 hook tome challenge, but that's a necessary sacrifice to be a tome completionist T_T

    I don't have an issue with anyone being scummy on either side either - IE Letting Survivor 3 die on hook if it is impossible to escape otherwise to try for hatch, tunneling, etc. It's the reality of the game - It's not going anywhere.

    I actually read/show stuff on the forums when I'm talking to my friends and they are usually pretty interested in the variety of experiences people have on either side. The end game chat is also pretty interesting for them as they see my viewpoint throughout the game compared to what other people say happened during the match.

    One of my friends said she thinks DBD is the most popular 'unplayable' game on the planet @_@

    I find that I enjoy the game when I am doing challenges but the second I try to just play the base game, I struggle to not pull my hair out.

    I don't like killer period, so when I do play it the experience is the same whether I am losing or winning. I like funny survivors but that is very rare. Most only care about juicing you and the rest are people hiding in the corner.

    Nothing drives me nuts more than stealth players in this game though. Especially the ones who are doing it to a point where it actually costs you the game. If I am playing killer and there are only two people left, one who hid the whole game, and one who played normally. I will go out of my way to get hatch for the player who played normally, and murder the person who stealthed all game.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519322#Comment_3519322

    I find that I enjoy the game when I am doing challenges but the second I try to just play the base game, I struggle to not pull my hair out.

    I don't like killer period, so when I do play it the experience is the same whether I am losing or winning. I like funny survivors but that is very rare. Most only care about juicing you and the rest are people hiding in the corner.

    Nothing drives me nuts more than stealth players in this game though. Especially the ones who are doing it to a point where it actually costs you the game. If I am playing killer and there are only two people left, one who hid the whole game, and one who played normally. I will go out of my way to get hatch for the player who played normally, and murder the person who stealthed all game.

    I can see that.

    I definitely do not play as much when I have stuff done/am waiting for a tome or event to drop.

    If you aren't having fun, definitely take a break - There's a lot of fun stuff in the world and it's ok to jump off DBD for a while every now and then.

    Not permanently, though, or Nea will find you.

  • I'm not enjoying the current meta for either side to be totally honest with you. Both roles feel like you either stomped or get stomped. I've been playing a lot over the past week (thanks depression) and I feel like I can count on one hand the number of close games I've had either way.

  • Yeeeeeeah... I've had a fair share of terrible killer games myself over the past few days, but saying the killer has no threat is kind of laughable.

  • @OtakaChan said:

    Nope cuz even with iri1 from playing my ass off they still give me potatoes that wanna play hot potato with the killer or body block people because they don't want to go down, or my fav one I could have picked you up off the floor but decided to wait 15 secs to attempt a failed flashlight save lmmfao.

    I downed somebody with Agitation earlier because instead of dropping the pallet he tried to blind my bellybutton... He DC'd. The game had literally just started and I was playing Pig with only Jolt for regression. It was essentially a 3v1 and they still only had one gen left when I killed the last person.

    There are a lot of... let's say, weak people playing this game.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3513895#Comment_3513895

    I have found that running a juiced toolbox and prove thyself are the best ways to beat regression killers. You can a lot of times, finish the gens before they have a chance to kick them. However they can still easily win if you don't pay attention to 3 gens. It is very easy to defend a 3 gen on most maps if they are relatively close at all.

    As a Trapper player, you are the type of survivor I fear most.

  • As someone who went through old eruption, unlimited pain resonance, pre-nerf call of brine and overcharge combinations I'm traumatized and lost my senses when it comes to playing solo.

  • @antag0nisticw0mble said:

    I love seeing all the complaints about MFT. It's funny that you complain about MFT but never talk about you getting bloodlust. I could understand if it was a 10/15% speed boost but it's 3%. You literally gain another 5% speed as a 115 after 15 seconds making you a 120 and it's only up another 10% from there once you're at BL3. The issue with a lot of killers complaining about MFT is they don't play survivor enough. If you learn to loop and have the survivor mindset you also learn to mindgame loops and catch them off.

    Bloodlust was invented so that killers could catch up to survivors who run at base 100% speed, because there were ways to navigate the map that nullified the +15% speed advantage most killers have. Bloodlust also resets at breaking pallets (which are everywhere) or hitting survivors or losing chase for 5 seconds, so it's usually an extremely temporary buff that survivors can easily play around unless they're in a dead zone.

    +3% speed for the low low cost of holding the run button whenever you want is not comparable.

  • @antag0nisticw0mble said:

    I love seeing all the complaints about MFT. It's funny that you complain about MFT but never talk about you getting bloodlust. I could understand if it was a 10/15% speed boost but it's 3%. You literally gain another 5% speed as a 115 after 15 seconds making you a 120 and it's only up another 10% from there once you're at BL3. The issue with a lot of killers complaining about MFT is they don't play survivor enough. If you learn to loop and have the survivor mindset you also learn to mindgame loops and catch them off.

    The irony in saying they don't play enough survivor when the only killers that make any use of Bloodlust are basic M1s like Myers and Trapper. Doctor uses a shock? No bloodlust. Huntress hoists a hatchet? No bloodlust. Freddy puts down a snare? No bloodlust. Wraith hits his bell? No bloodlust. Dredge puts his thing on the ground? No bloodlust. Any killer breaks a pallet because most pallets in the game are safe with checkspots which are now made even worse by MFT? No bloodlust.

    You could remove bloodlust and the weaker killers get weaker and those not confident enough to use their abilities, i.e. new players, are worse off. I personally could not care if they remove bloodlust or not, but in-doing so you're hurting the wrong players.

  • Yeah I do apologize. I go out of my way to break 3 gens that trappers are setting up as early as possible. I have all of the hard trapper challenges completed so I know how annoying it is to have your web get disrupted. xD

  • @Caiman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519276#Comment_3519276

    Bloodlust was invented so that killers could catch up to survivors who run at base 100% speed, because there were ways to navigate the map that nullified the +15% speed advantage most killers have. Bloodlust also resets at breaking pallets (which are everywhere) or hitting survivors or losing chase for 5 seconds, so it's usually an extremely temporary buff that survivors can easily play around unless they're in a dead zone.

    +3% speed for the low low cost of holding the run button whenever you want is not comparable.

    I believe the original argument for bloodlust was actually infinites, but there are few to none of those left. They added bloodlust to remove situtions where killers could be looped forever. But, all of the loops where this was possible have been since removed.

    I think now with how high the kill rate is, is a good time to remove bloodlust if they wanted to. Or at least make it so bloodlust can't be chained to unsuspecting survivors.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519350#Comment_3519350

    I believe the original argument for bloodlust was actually infinites, but there are few to none of those left. They added bloodlust to remove situtions where killers could be looped forever. But, all of the loops where this was possible have been since removed.

    I think now with how high the kill rate is, is a good time to remove bloodlust if they wanted to. Or at least make it so bloodlust can't be chained to unsuspecting survivors.

    But, all of the loops where this was possible have been since removed.

    Doubt.

1 2 3 ›