Missing Hits?

Has anyone else experienced a feeling of missing Hits that should have landed ever since the Nic Cage patch?

Or is it just in my head?

Comments

  • Could you explain that a bit further? When exactly do you feel like missing hits? Because if it is when survivors fast vault, then you are not alone.

    @Xernoton said:

    In their latest patch BHVR changed something about fast vaults. In the patch notes it said that survivors were not getting the extra distance for a fast vault compared to medium and slow vaults. If that was an issue, then it's good that they fixed it. I didn't witness any problems there, although admittedly I didn't play DBD for about 2 weeks.

    However, many hits that I know I should get are not counted. I have seen it again and again. The survivor goes for a fast vault and they become unhittable. Even if they are still on the same side of the window as the killer. I reckon that might have something to do with the survivor vaulting way faster than their actual animation. This also results in the survivor skipping frames while vaulting a window. Something definitely feels off about this.

    I haven't seen any posts about this yet, so I'm not quite sure if it's just me because fast vaults also look janky right now. Have you experienced this too?

  • Yes, vaults are the number one spot.

    But it does seem like my lunges are whiffing more too. But yeah it's mostly at vaults.

  • tbh its the same here. vaults mostly but sometimes at pallets. its prob just a skill issue.

  • @ThatRedPyramidThing said:

    Yes, vaults are the number one spot.

    But it does seem like my lunges are whiffing more too. But yeah it's mostly at vaults.

    BHVR recently buffed fast vaults that essentially gives survivors invulnerability in the later frames of their vaulting animation. They did this to make it "look" more fair on the survivor's point of view since it often looks like they cleared the vault on their screen but still got hit. The problem is, it still looks like it would have clearly hit from the killer's POV. They also fixed a bug where survivors were not gaining as much distance on a fast vault as intended.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3505348#Comment_3505348

    BHVR recently buffed fast vaults that essentially gives survivors invulnerability in the later frames of their vaulting animation. They did this to make it "look" more fair on the survivor's point of view since it often looks like they cleared the vault on their screen but still got hit. The problem is, it still looks like it would have clearly hit from the killer's POV. They also fixed a bug where survivors were not gaining as much distance on a fast vault as intended.

    woah that is so much weird copium you just huffed and puffed yourself. they did not give survivors invincibility frames, they just simply gave them the proper distance it should've had when fast vaulting. fast vaulting, as stated in the patch notes, originally only gave the same distance as slow/medium vaults. if you performed a fast vault, it should have always given more distance than a medium vault would. thats why killers were able to hit them easier during fast vaults.

    stop spreading false information, its most likely just a wifi issue or ingame settings. some players have vsync off and have their frames at 120 like me, that CERTAINLY feels different going up against. especially a killer with VSync on and capped at 60 fps, against a survivor with VSync off and their FPS at 120. its also probably just DBD's crappy crappy engine.

  • @oreoslurpee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3505516#Comment_3505516

    woah that is so much weird copium you just huffed and puffed yourself. they did not give survivors invincibility frames, they just simply gave them the proper distance it should've had when fast vaulting. fast vaulting, as stated in the patch notes, originally only gave the same distance as slow/medium vaults. if you performed a fast vault, it should have always given more distance than a medium vault would. thats why killers were able to hit them easier during fast vaults.

    stop spreading false information, its most likely just a wifi issue or ingame settings. some players have vsync off and have their frames at 120 like me, that CERTAINLY feels different going up against. especially a killer with VSync on and capped at 60 fps, against a survivor with VSync off and their FPS at 120. its also probably just DBD's crappy crappy engine.

    Maybe you have not been playing killer since the last patch, so I'll forgive your words. When hitting survivors who are in the middle of vaulting, killer weapons are clipping through their body and damage states aren't being registered. This isn't some random lag someone is getting - there's a load of people talking about this. BHVR clearly has added some invincibility frames with this - whether that was intentional or not doesn't matter...the fact of the matter is, once they are beyond a certain part in their animation, attacks are not registering damage and you just clip through the survivor. This didn't start happening until their vault change. Someone did say BHVR acknowledged that this was unintentional and a fix is in the works, but I have not seen such a statement myself, so I'm not sure if that part is true.

    You can clearly see the immunity here:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/15i2lfk/loving_the_new_vaults/

  • I've noticed that the auto-aim is kind of running haywire, if that's what you mean.

    I've had a handful of experiences tonight alone where I'll swing at a survivor, my weapon will appear to literally go through their body and I'll still somehow not hit them.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3505348#Comment_3505348

    BHVR recently buffed fast vaults that essentially gives survivors invulnerability in the later frames of their vaulting animation. They did this to make it "look" more fair on the survivor's point of view since it often looks like they cleared the vault on their screen but still got hit. The problem is, it still looks like it would have clearly hit from the killer's POV. They also fixed a bug where survivors were not gaining as much distance on a fast vault as intended.

    I'm missing hits at vaults when the survivors are still on my side lmao

    Like, they'll begin the vault and I'll swing before they get through the window itself and it will still miss.

  • @thisislastyearsmodel said:

    I've noticed that the auto-aim is kind of running haywire, if that's what you mean.

    I've had a handful of experiences tonight alone where I'll swing at a survivor, my weapon will appear to literally go through their body and I'll still somehow not hit them.

    Yup. That's the buff BHVR gave survivors. Immunity frames during vaulting. That's why everyone is so upset.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506078#Comment_3506078

    Yup. That's the buff BHVR gave survivors. Immunity frames during vaulting. That's why everyone is so upset.

    After months of killers swinging for hits that land when the animation is meters away from your character model I think they can cope.

  • @ThatRedPyramidThing said:

    Has anyone else experienced a feeling of missing Hits that should have landed ever since the Nic Cage patch?

    Or is it just in my head?

    Yes, and not just at vaults but sometimes also at pallets. Where I'm aiming at the survivor and am literally on top of them but all of a sudden I get rotated and hit the pallet instead, like what??

    On the survivor side, it's also a bit different if you have a pallet/vault close to one another, sometimes you get vacuumed to the other. Like let's say you wanted to drop a pallet, but instead vault the window that's close to it. And no, before this didn't happen. I know because I have played on those maps with that pallet/vault spawn many times.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3505539#Comment_3505539

    Maybe you have not been playing killer since the last patch, so I'll forgive your words. When hitting survivors who are in the middle of vaulting, killer weapons are clipping through their body and damage states aren't being registered. This isn't some random lag someone is getting - there's a load of people talking about this. BHVR clearly has added some invincibility frames with this - whether that was intentional or not doesn't matter...the fact of the matter is, once they are beyond a certain part in their animation, attacks are not registering damage and you just clip through the survivor. This didn't start happening until their vault change. Someone did say BHVR acknowledged that this was unintentional and a fix is in the works, but I have not seen such a statement myself, so I'm not sure if that part is true.

    You can clearly see the immunity here:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/15i2lfk/loving_the_new_vaults/

    yeah um.. usually people on the internet don’t admit they are wrong or were wrong, but that’s not me. i gladly admit that i am wrong here, as i was showed with proof on twitter where there was a huntress player who threw a hatchet directly on a survivor while they were vaulting, and it even made the squash sound like if the hit registered, but it never registered.

    i hope the devs are working on a fix because that honestly is really bad, and not at all should be in the game. the survivor should be able to be punished for vaulting too close in front of you, and i hope they are working on a another hot fix patch to hopefully fix the invincibility frame bugs. also, my apologies for sounding very mean or rude in my original post, that was not at all right for me to do.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506078#Comment_3506078

    Yup. That's the buff BHVR gave survivors. Immunity frames during vaulting. That's why everyone is so upset.

    This has been happening even outside of windows though. I'm talking right in the middle of a map with nothing around. Strange.

  • @thisislastyearsmodel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506167#Comment_3506167

    This has been happening even outside of windows though. I'm talking right in the middle of a map with nothing around. Strange.

    Damn I knew something was wrong. I'm taking a break until the next patch. It's rage inducing.

  • @oreoslurpee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506040#Comment_3506040

    yeah um.. usually people on the internet don’t admit they are wrong or were wrong, but that’s not me. i gladly admit that i am wrong here, as i was showed with proof on twitter where there was a huntress player who threw a hatchet directly on a survivor while they were vaulting, and it even made the squash sound like if the hit registered, but it never registered.

    i hope the devs are working on a fix because that honestly is really bad, and not at all should be in the game. the survivor should be able to be punished for vaulting too close in front of you, and i hope they are working on a another hot fix patch to hopefully fix the invincibility frame bugs. also, my apologies for sounding very mean or rude in my original post, that was not at all right for me to do.

    I appreciate that outlook. Thanks.

  • It's nuts. I got a daily to play Oni and get four blood fury attacks. It took five trials to complete it, as whenever going for the hit, at the last second auto aim turned my character to face too far left or right of the survivor and either hit some random junk or straight up wiff.

    I had to fight against both the survivor trying to evade and the game spinning me sideways. During one chase I was running down a survivor between two straight walls with a pallet that was already gone and it would have been a guaranteed hit due to how close I was and the remaining distance to the end of the wall, but right as I swung all of a sudden there was a wall in my face, and when I looked around I was right-angled into one of the walls with the survivor disappearing around the end corner.

    Eventually I just slightly spun my character randomly left/right while going for the hit and wound up getting hits more frequently than actually attempting to hit the survivor.

    I typically play M1 killers, and it's bad enough catching up to a survivor running MFT, greeding a pallet for three loops, then turning invincible going through a window, but not being able to hit a survivor standing directly in front of you with nowhere to go is just beyond all reason. BHVR can call it whatever they want, but this is some buggy šħĭţ.