The Toxic Survivor Meta makes the already frustrating looping gameplay worse
Getting into a game with 4 players who can loop you near infinitely is already frustrating, but it's even more frustrating when they teabag you every pallet drop, or when they nod at you every pallet drop, or just flash you with a light (not blinding you) to signal you to chase them.
I'm tired of running in circles every game to begin with. Running circles around the same walls never being able to catch someone without a lucky mindgame while 3-4 generators get completed before your first hook is terrible gameplay and a terrible feeling.
After 5pm CST, there is a permanent 100% bonus to killer ques consistently because nobody wants to play killer when the game is this frustrating and boring with survivors constantly being toxic. Not even mentioning the disgustingly toxic post game lobby chat.
I don't care that the gens are being completed fast, that's whatever to me, it's part of the choice you have to make when you commit to a chase - but chases shouldn't feel so lopsided in favor of loopers. I remember when they added bloodlust and it was needed, but I feel like it occurs too slow and the movement speed bonus is too little.
I feel like this behavior is more common with groups. Will there ever be a RANKED SOLO QUE?
Comments
All they'd have to do to see what type of game people want to play is add a separate SWF mode to matchmaking. You can only Q up in SWF mode if you have 1 or more people grouped up with you obviously. Killers could then Q up against SWF or normal and I promise you, immediately, the devs would notice that 0 Killer players are willingly going to Q up for that trash.. But they know this already and that's why this idea of mine doesn't exist.. :P What a paradox.
Playing against coordinated groups is the least fun I've ever had on this game. I don't feel like a killer when doing so, I feel like a gen babysitter, which is inevitably impossible to accomplish - especially if survivors are smart in which gens they complete.
I will say that playing against 4 people that all know how to loop is very frustrating, but playing solo Survivor with complete potatoes is so much worse for me. The amount of work you have to do to babysit the 3 people that have no clue what they're doing is so much larger compared to going up against a SWF. At least as Killer you can just sit and wait at the exit gate and go to the next game..
Standing in place or running in circles is substantially less fun to me than trying to babysit players lol, to each their own though.
Completely understandable. I always run NOED so if anything toward the end, their ego is sky high and I'll usually nab 1 or 2 of them still.
Yeah, you're basically giving people a guaranteed cakewalk game or asking them to have a modicum of challenge. Of course they're gonna take the easy way, that's just human nature.
You saying the developers should stop going against human nature? Not a bad idea.
No, it's just human nature to seek the path of least adversity.
Players will always optimize the fun out of a game. Unfortunately for you, the Devs understand this and aren't interested in giving Killers more free wins and boosting their ego's even more.
I play Survivor mostly so not sure what you're on about? I want Survivor to be made easier actually. I notice many new people dropping the game before even giving it a second chance, because of how out right one sided it feels at the lower end for Survivor.. The time sink for this game at its lowest level is too high to keep the newbies apparently.
I always thought it would be interesting if the more people you cue with the more gens you have to complete. 2 people, no addition, 3 people you have to do 1 additional, 4 more you have to do 2 additional. Being that co-ordinated it shouldn't matter the extra gens. Downside being they'd have to add an extra gen to avoid late came single gen camps.
They haven't really done any major PTB change tests since they did the end game mori and Unbreakable at base, which I'm assuming is never coming now. It would be nice to see them try ANYTHING at all out of the ordinary to see if people enjoy it more than keeping everything exactly the same year after year..