Going down under a pallet was too strong before Plot Twist. Now survivors have Plot Twist.
Check for survivors before you pick up?
Ok, you see a survivor, then what? Chase them off?
They run right back for the pallet save.
Commit to them? They just go down under a different pallet.
Slug? The survivor on the ground can max their recovery and then the rescuer can drop the pallet, buying them enough time to pick them up by the time the killer breaks the pallet or goes around.
And this is BEFORE Plot Twist was added to the game and makes them healthy.
----
Getting a down means little. The killer needs to hook.
Flashlights? Killers have Lightborn.
Bodyblocks as you carry? Killers have Mad Grit.
Boil Over and/or Sabotage? Killers have Iron Grasp. (Goodbye Hangman's Trick... Now I won't know if there's a survivor hiding by the hook I'm headed towards unless it's a scourge hook, meaning I won't have time to head to a different hook if they sabo last moment.)
Going down under a pallet? Nothing...
Enduring, Spirit Fury, Trapper's Traps? Don't work. Shave 3 frames off the pick-up animation with Fire Up by losing all your gens first doesn't work either. MAYBE Victor can slow them down if he's placed just right.
----
A while back, I asked for a perk to help with survivors going down under pallets. I meant a killer perk, not a survivor perk... ๐
Comments
I mean.
If it is really that much of an issue, play Singularity. While you are in Overcloak, stuns while carrying a Survivor do nothing to you. Easy way to completely counter this.
"But I shouldnt be forced to play a Killer to counter something", some Killers just have a better ability for countering things, e.g. Plague counters healing, I dont see the point in not using that to your strength while you have the opportunity to.
Also perks like Coulrophobia and Knockout make slugging stronger, it can make rescuing a downed Survivor a lot more risky, they can help a lot. Deerstalker also counters Plot Twist pretty well if they use it to heal.
Just a hint - you can always pick one side of the pallet from which u grab survivor. The other survivor usually can't save that way, because you are bodyblocking that side (and it takes time to go the other side). It's often free pickup + sometimes free hit on top of that.
Collision is lost when you hit them, letting them drop the pallet anyway after you hit them.
Standing there and waiting won't work either. They'll wiggle free or a 3rd survivor will drop from the other side.
There's some tricks to avoid flashlight saves, yet the devs still gave killers Lightborn. Same with bodyblocks: Mad Grit and Starstruck.
Why can't the devs give killers a perk for this pallet business?
Even if there was a perk for it, why should the killer have to equip FOUR perks just to secure a hook?
The behavior changed slightly. If you hit them, they can't drop the pallet fast enough. I don't know when it changed, but it's quite some time ago (I would guess about patch 6.1). At least in my experience I was never stunned to wiggle free after hitting survivor that I bodyblocked.
The only thing that could happen is, that if the survivor has perfect timing, he can phase thru you and drop the pallet during your pickup - but it's about as tight as window-tech timing and basically nobody can do that (apart from Ayrun and those people - and even them can't get it reliably). This is something that I only saw people do - but it never happened to me
what is suppose to be correct play is slugging people. not picking up and hooking people but have fun with 4 minute bleed out timers.
The amount of combinations you can run nowadays to just completely stall the killer picking up someone they probably invested a lot of time in is insane. It doesn't even require much coordination anymore since buckle up & ftp is a brainless combo that gets both of you out.