Game chat for solo que
A lot of people I see complaining about how hard it is for solo q which I understand but I think the game needs better improvement for example the new sadako rework. She’s currently strong against solo q but in reality she’s not as valuable like she is in a swf match. What survivors need to do in solo q match against a onryo is to take one of her tapes in the beginning of the match when the tvs turn on it’s a constant strategy like pinhead when you have to constantly get the box. She’s not as good when looping she’s easy to loop against a lot of obstacles on any map in the game. She’s a M1 killer for a reason which means she’s not that hard to loop against. But when it comes to her tapes it has to be a constant thing to survivors especially in solo q. Also it’s not difficult to find tvs considering they are located by every generator once you pick up a tape u can insert the tape by a nearby tv that is highlighted in white which gives u the opportunity to decrease your stacks of condemn. Although I would like to point out slugging when it comes to her. It is a bit difficult to counter her when survivors are slugged and it is highly boring on that note. I think bhvr has made a mistake with her condemn strategy because her condemn was never the problem in the past. Her problem and the most difficult to fix was her chase and that is because she’s a m1 killer when it comes to her chases and how good survivors are when looping her. She should never have a lullaby which gave survivors a heads up on which direction she is coming from when manifesting and demanifesting. They should have gave her a more larger speed in her chases when demanifesting her chases which would give her a buff similar to wraith or they could have had her phase through pallets which would make her slower in chase only when she’s manifested. Last but not least bhvr needs a game chat when communicating and texting which would help a lot in solo q and it would make dbd more fun
Comments
I have no idea why you have a giant rant about Sadako in your thread about Chat for Solo Q but I do not want a chat function for solo Q.
Not having to talk to my teammates is a major reason why I gravitated to DBD over others. I have no desire to talk to my teammates while playing this game and if it were added, balancing would start to be done with communication in mind (so if I just "ignore it" as so many say, I become an active detriment to my team).
He was simply using a killer that is currently very strong versus solo q players as an example to why they need additional communication tools in the game for these players, it's not really a debate imo and they do need more ways for the team to communicate. SWF's strengths with comms alone is evidence of this enough, if solo que players didn't want to talk on comms they could simply hit the mute/deafen button one time and it would be solved while allowing more team oriented players to communicate with each other without having to form groups with outside applications such as discord. BHVR's addition of status icons showing what actions teammates are doing was a great addition but still leaves many pieces of crucial information in the air such as killer position, killer item objectives (tapes), and many other things. Solo que will continue to be a "hardcore meme mode," until such tools are added.
Big No., played solo survivor from 2017, doesn't need in-game voice chat or text chat like DBD Mobile. HUD is enough.
I personally would be in favor of built in voice chat but I know there’s a very vocal crowd against it. It’s of the few solutions to solo/swf balance problems.
Yep. Because telling someone who does not do Gens to do Gens will totally make them do Gens.
The main advantage of SWF is not voice communication.
I actually think it will.
I also wasn’t implying voice communication was the main advantage of swf.