Unaliving on first hook should be bannable

There is no reason for this to still be allowed, it's just a way to circumvent the DC penalty, and doesn't even give your team a useless bot that won't do gens. This happens way too often, where a survivor doesn't like the way they go down, and simply suicides on hook instantly at 5 gens. This gives the other 3 survivors no chance to come back whatsoever.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @ScytheIX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3501038#Comment_3501038

    If you take this as a personal attack, that's on you. (People usually don't like to be called out, I get it, the but damn fam..... you gotta learn to comprehend.) I'm responsible for what I say, not for what you interpret it as. Still not an attack. It's a comparison to how one can perceive you, it's a question if you work in law enforcement and it's a fact that you already confirmed in your posts. You do the same thing by calling everyone else "toxic" and "entitled" just because they hookicide. Is that a personal attack? (By your logic it should be.)

    You don't have to parrot back to me what I write. I am well aware.

    If you attack a group of people though, that seems to be perfectly fine/ the norm. After all, we are all entitled whenever we hookicide. ;)

    I don't have to take it as a personal attack; it is, by definition, an attack on my person (i.e character). I don't think I used the word toxic at all, now you're just putting words in my mouth. I called the behavior entitled because it is representative of an entitled mindset; I can think of very few legitimate reasons to suicide on hook (in the manner that I've described many times) other than valuing your own time more than the time of the other 4 people in the trial with you, who were also hoping to play the game. And if this qualification holds, this behavior is, by definition, entitlement.

  • Rage quitting is a reportable offence which is listed separately from disconnecting, afking and idling.

    Based on this text it seems reasonable to assume that the remedy to hook suicide is to report the offending player and submit evidence if you are able.

  • @Halloulle said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3500195#Comment_3500195

    I do 100% subscribe to there being something more to being on hook than just being timed out from doing (side) objectives. - There needs to be an incentive to stick around, even if the match is a lost cause. (and yes, you can incentivise all you want, there will always be petty people or people who get a kick out of ruining a match for someone else --- and for those there should be a stick. But after all the carrots than can be given have been given, so only these kinda people actually get the stick.)

    Something more interactive than skill checks. Maybe the keypad puzzle we have on the traps of skull merchant. That rewards you with a nice amount of points if you complete it. Or something like that. So the match doesn´t feel like a loss.

    After all, escaping is just 5000 bloodpoints and maybe an item.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3500818#Comment_3500818

    Something more interactive than skill checks. Maybe the keypad puzzle we have on the traps of skull merchant. That rewards you with a nice amount of points if you complete it. Or something like that. So the match doesn´t feel like a loss.

    After all, escaping is just 5000 bloodpoints and maybe an item.

    something like that as far as BP are concerned.

    I also always liked the idea of getting benevolent points for objectives completed by others while you are on hook- similar to how being in chase contributes passively to the lightbringer emblem. That way the pip situation would also be covered.

  • @Uxoxe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3500311#Comment_3500311

    So, you believe that preventing hook-suicides will force a survivor to play a game they don't want to play?

    The first 2 things on this list is worse than hook-suiciding and the other 2 things are just as easy to do as hook-suiciding.

    1. A survivor who sabotages the game for the other 3 survivors.
    2. A survivor who hides all game and tries for a hatch (Which, btw, is not punishable)
    3. A survivor who runs up to the killer after getting hooked, to get hooked again
    4. A survivor who goes AFK and watched youtube videos.

    3 of those things is pretty much impossible to prove and the 4th one isn't even punishable.

    Not participating/refusing to participate in normal gameplay is a report option. Afking and idling are also report options.

1 2 3 4 ›