How do I counter a gen being almost completed?
(Gonna try my best to describe what I mean)
So, I was playing pig last match, and I encountered a problem that I've had before, but I've yet to find a solution to. There were 3 survivors left in this match, and 2 survivors were working on a generator at the shack, and whenever I go to interrupt them as to not let the gen be completed, they always run away which gives me a choice to chase either one of them or stay to kick the gen and then leave. The main problem I've been having is that whenever I go to chase of the survivors, the other one just comes over and can finish the gen, and if I go back to interrupt him, the other survivor comes over and does the same. No matter how much times I kick the gen, the progress barely goes down, and if I stay to protect the gen, the other survivors just move on to a new one and easily get it done. The perks I run are corrupt intervention, discordance, superior anatomy, and barbecue. I've tried running perks like call of the brine, but they barely make a difference in this situation.
Is there some kind of strategy I can use or perk to run that lets me counter this situation, or is the popping of the gen inevitable? Pig has a ######### chase power, and I'm basically an M1 killer here.
Comments
Popping of the gen is supposed to inevitable once they get it to a certain point.
You can use gen regression to slow this down, but unless you devote yourself to camping the generator rather than chasing you can't prevent it from getting done once it is already 80-90% done.
The perk Dead Man’s Switch is a good counter for this. It’s a Deathslinger teachable.
By having other Generators in reserve.
Go for the down, accept that generator as being lost, and put a hat on the guy you chase. They'll have to deal with the hat when it activates, and, should you encounter the same scenario, one of those survivors is now playing with their hat instead of a gen.
You're not preventing Survivors from completing Gens altogether, and that should never be a possibility. They will get completed during the match. You're trying to interrupt, hook, and sacrifice them before they escape. Perks can temporarily delay progress on a generator, but they should never allow you to stop progress indefinitely.
Same with Survivor and eventually going down. They should never be able to perpetually perform a loop that the Killer cannot overcome.
First of all, Call of brine is one of the worst gen regressing perks now. If you want good gen regression, perks like Pop goes the Weasel, Dead lock, Pain Resonance, and Dead man's switch are good options. Pop will annihilate gens that are almost completed but require you to hook a survivor
you can't unless you literally camp the gen and they somehow can't find the other 2 gens. the game is already lost after coming to this. you can try pop but that requires you to get a quick down, which may not possible. you can run no way out and/or other end game perks if you find yourself in this situation often.