I love the Matchmaking lock

Haven't played the game for well over a week, maybe more, come back - want to see the new bot in action so I opt to disconnect after I complete a gen and perform an unhook, 5 minute penalty. Real neato when before it would start at less than a minute. First match of my day, I might add.

Comments

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493146#Comment_3493146

    It started with 1 minute, but then was extended to 5 when dc’ing became more common again.

    Any clue if there was a notice sent out to players or an announcement or something in the news, Twitter perhaps even that stated they were shifting the penalty? I have searched high and low and have found bupkis.

  • @bearr_trap said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493154#Comment_3493154

    Any clue if there was a notice sent out to players or an announcement or something in the news, Twitter perhaps even that stated they were shifting the penalty? I have searched high and low and have found bupkis.

    This was over a year ago. That’s all I remember.

  • @bearr_trap said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3492980#Comment_3492980

    I came to the forums to, more or less, seek out if anyone else who DCed, for whatever reasoning, experienced an unusual lockout timer. In many of my replies and comments before I stated I was gone for roughly 2 weeks and even before then I could only recall having a maximum of a 15 minute timer IF THAT. To come back to a 5 minute timer after playing well into a match and not being a potato in the corner made me raise a brow. Out of many of the replies on here the majority have been less than desirable, others have been of the positive nature and I still thank them graciously for that.

    What's your purpose for joining this wee thread?

    I understand your sentiments as well. Its true. I havent dc'd at all for a week. My last dc was 5 minutes at that time. So a week later i expected my dc from today to be 1 minute as the first offense.


    No 5 minutes. Ive hearing the same from other people as well. Maybe the devs havent realized this. Maybe it just now flew under the radar because this all happened right after this update

  • @bearr_trap said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493152#Comment_3493152

    My last match was on the 14th, hadn't been on it since. 15 minutes is the last known penalty I recall all together, not starting the day of the 14th. Its simply the last one I remember having period.

    I stand by my statement. Your break wasn't even a full 2 weeks. Even assuming your last DC was within a week or two is that, it's still not even a month. That's the minimum amount of time I'd personally expect any kind of decay to occur, so I don't think it's outside expectation that your 15 minute penalties would hit the lowest minimum possible (unless 5 min is that minimum)

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493181#Comment_3493181

    I stand by my statement. Your break wasn't even a full 2 weeks. Even assuming your last DC was within a week or two is that, it's still not even a month. That's the minimum amount of time I'd personally expect any kind of decay to occur, so I don't think it's outside expectation that your 15 minute penalties would hit the lowest minimum possible (unless 5 min is that minimum)

    Without an actual break down of the penalties we'll never really know. I'd sure hate for this to be a hiccup in the update somewhere that has made a mess of DCs. Wouldn't want to be someone who is booted from their trial without their consent to end up with a 30 minute match making lock when they're someone who never drops from matches.

  • @Chanel16494 said:

    Let’s stop the needless god damn arguing about the damn DC penalty for 5 effing minutes maybe?

    And address the actual issue that the game is constantly crashing and applying the DC penalty because of it at the moment?

    I get ya’ll think the DC penalty is a good thing, and usually it is, but right now it NEEDS to be disabled because the servers are an unstable mess. Arguing they’re great just means when there’s legitimate issues like there are now, that they don’t get fixed or band-aids aren’t temporarily put into place such as disabling the penalty.

    Enough is enough, christ.

    Pretty sure I spotted a thread about people having issues somewhere, yea.

  • @Chanel16494 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493217#Comment_3493217

    Not just my thread, constant reports of it on Reddit and Twitter too. And I know multiple people experiencing it.

    DC’ing purposely isn’t okay, I totally agree and the DC penalty is usually a necessity sure, but right now it needs flat switching off as people are accruing the penalty because the servers keep crashing.

    It isn’t okay

    Did you get kicked from a trial and end up with an unusual penalty? :c

  • I'm going to close this here as the DC penalty is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing.

1 2 ›