this christmas in july sucks

literally what was the point of this when all they did was just make 2 new christmas skins? they could've brought the old ones too, even for a limited time. guess i hoped a bit too much, not just me but everyone else too. disappointed, a lot. and even if they didn't bring them back, what about the double xp? i know it's not an event but a collection, but it's just too..."small". of course, the new ones look pretty neat but i was really hoping to buy the limited one for my main...

off topic but why do they make winter, halloween skins limited? guess everyone's gotta wait a whole year just for one skin that they couldn't afford at that time

Comments

  • I thought Mikaela's Hecate's Offering outfit would be for iri shards so I saved up just for it... I was also hoping most of the christmas skins would be back in store but I guess that's not the case. They'll probably be for auric cells once they come out again any way.

  • @mikewelk said:

    I thought Mikaela's Hecate's Offering outfit would be for iri shards so I saved up just for it... I was also hoping most of the christmas skins would be back in store but I guess that's not the case. They'll probably be for auric cells once they come out again any way.

    even though i've just bought hecate's offering, i'm still kinda disappointed. i was hoping for her north of the witch & pyjamas skins so much...i mean, everyone was, and yet they've decided to give us just 2 ugly new skins that don't even look like they'd fit into the christmas theme. guess we'll have to wait for her christmas ones for 4 whole months. would be even better if they brought back the ugly sweaters too, basically an ACTUAL "christmas in july" collection/event.

  • @catslayer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3492632#Comment_3492632

    even though i've just bought hecate's offering, i'm still kinda disappointed. i was hoping for her north of the witch & pyjamas skins so much...i mean, everyone was, and yet they've decide to give us just 2 ugly new skins that don't even look like they'd fit into the christmas theme. guess we'll have to wait for her christmas ones for 4 whole months

    I knew I should've bought them, I just never knew they would turn time-limited.

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3492636#Comment_3492636

    I knew I should've bought them, I just never knew they would turn time-limited.

    at that time i didn't really main mikaela yet, that's why i didn't buy them, which i regret now a bit. honestly i just wish they didn't make those skins of hers limited, the same goes for every other survivor and killers. no one wants to wait so long just to buy one or two skins for their main...but damn i was waiting for this moment for like 3 weeks since they showed us the july roadmap, but it just made me so goddamn sad when i saw what we actually got for this "christmas in july", more like "disappointment in july". i saw a lot of other people talking about this too, hopefully bhvr will see it and maybe bring the old ones back, even just for a limited time.

  • @catslayer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3492641#Comment_3492641

    at that time i didn't really main mikaela yet, that's why i didn't buy them, which i regret now a bit. honestly i just wish they didn't make those skins of hers limited, the same goes for every other survivor and killers. no one wants to wait so long just to buy one or two skins for their main...but damn i was waiting for this moment for like 3 weeks since they showed us the july roadmap, but it just made me so goddamn sad when i saw what we actually got for this "christmas in july", more like "disappointment in july". i saw a lot of other people talking about this too, hopefully bhvr will see it and maybe bring the old ones back, even just for a limited time.

    Yeah exactly. Now that I know that the christmas outfits will be most likely for auric cells I don't even know what to do with my iri shards. The only christmas outfit I can probably get is Mikaela's pyjama outfit if they keep the iri shard price. It is what it is. Limited time outfits will always be annoying.

  • That was very naive to think BHVR would be "gentle" and brink back limited-time holiday collections.

    Greed is greed and make no concession.

    Just don't buy anything until BHVR backtracks on TLC is a better response.

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    That was very naive to think BHVR would be "gentle" and brink back limited-time holiday collections.

    Greed is greed and make no concession.

    Just don't buy anything until BHVR backtracks on TLC is a better response.

    okay smartie but what was the point of making a whole "collection" just for 2 skins? if it's that little, why couldn't they just wait for the christmas itself when the original event time for that starts?


  • @catslayer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3492718#Comment_3492718

    okay smartie but what was the point of making a whole "collection" just for 2 skins? if it's that little, why couldn't they just wait for the christmas itself when the original event time for that starts?

    Greed also doesn't need a justification.

  • wish they weren't that greedy.

  • Old skins arent coming back to store? Are you ######### me

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Old skins arent coming back to store? Are you ######### me

    No. There was nothing telling us otherwise. I don't know why people expected that.

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493064#Comment_3493064

    No. There was nothing telling us otherwise. I don't know why people expected that.

    I’m pretty sure they stated that skins would return next year.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    What are the skins?

    image.png

    @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493077#Comment_3493077

    I’m pretty sure they stated that skins would return next year.

    100% sure they meant during this year's holiday season, not any second before.

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3493064#Comment_3493064

    No. There was nothing telling us otherwise. I don't know why people expected that.

    the name itself was telling us.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Old skins arent coming back to store? Are you ######### me

    sadly no. gotta wait 4 whole months more

  • NGL, really adore Vitto's outfit. I know who I'm playing more when the colder holidays hit!