Some way to join a beginner queue? Matchmaking? Uncle! Mercy!?
Hi! I got this game last week and honestly had a blast playing it, I was excited to sit down tonight and play.
tldr: give me some kind of feedback when matchmaking is crowded with hyper-competent players so I can leave and come back later, or just make it so I match-make against people around my level?
I have only Legion to Prestige 2 and it has been very fun against normal players. I have played the game for 5 hours against bots and 12 hours against people.
Tonight though? Every match is Coldwind Farm charm, and all survivors are level 30-50-100, they all come with purple upgrades and flashlights and they all have hope and made for this and prove thyself and dead heart, I don't know anything about this game but I know when there's no point to trying.
So I tried leaving the lobbies I got and it just kept giving me level 30-100 survivors eventually I got a group of people 30 (you know people with only 15x more experience than me) and under and it was coldwind charm in like 2 minutes they had 2 generators, so I left no point. I do this again for 5 minutes and get another under 30 squad, coldwind charm, they put 4 on generator and by the time I get to them their flashlighter is waiting, they get the generator before I can even get close them, I leave, this repeats 3 more times, dodging room after room after room looking for anyone my level, and coldwind again and coldwind again on my last match they had coldwind charm AND yamaoka and it was yamaoka but two survivors did a last second switch from level 1-5 survivors to level 100s so no point anyway.
Is there no like mercy system or whatever? Why does the game force you to go to the same map more than 1 time in a row? I heard that this game had match making system but does it? Is this just what prime time in this game is like? If so I promise to leave Friday night to the sweaties and wait until weeknights! I just want to play the game and stand a fair chance.
You don't put an 8 year old who doesn't understand the rules of boxing in the ring with Mike Tyson and then when the kid is like "no thanks" have the ref turn around and say "hey be a good sport and get your ass beat because it'll make Mike happy."
Really I like the game but I will really regret it if it continues to be impossible to find matches against people of my lack of skill level.
Thank you for your consideration and I hope you had a nice weekend.
Comments
No mercy 'round here partner. We weren't lying when we said the matchmaking system is the worst out of any multiplayer game!
Sadly the matchmaking system has never worked properly. They've continuously work to improve it but in reality it doesn't seem any better. The game is supposed to keep the same map from. Happening twice in a row, so I'm not sure why it's not working like that for you. There's a offering called sacrificial ward which prevents map offerings from working unless four of the same map offering is brought. It's a green offering (rare) which is some kind of hand/arm. Don't put too much weight on what people's character levels are. They don't directly mean anything about the person's skill level. It means they'll have plenty of items/offering/add-ons/perks which you can also have in just a few prestiges. If you don't have sacrificial wards you can just use a map offering you wnat to go to. And as for flash lights there's a killer perk that prevents you from being blind which is called lightborn I think (maybe shadowborn, I get the two perk names confused).