Should the low bonus offerings be cut at this point?
What purpose do the brown and yellow versions of most offerings even serve by being g in the game other than filling up bloodwebs?
I feel that the offering count could very much use a considerable cut. With the current bloodpoint economy, Brown and yellow bloodpoint offerings that only affect one score type are practically useless. I barely ever see the green ones used either, but I don't think ALL of the smaller ones should be entirely removed for the sake of newer players.
Aside from bloodpoints, the yellow/brown versions of reagents, coins, logs, and luck offerings barely do anything either. Once again, the final versions still don't do a whole lot, but having the effects available in the game allows for some interesting planning, and some filler for the bloodwebs.
With these things in mind, here's my proposal.
REMOVED: brown and yellow single type BP offerings, thickening reagents, coins, and luck offerings. all personal only luck offerings.
BROWN: currently purple coins, 100% single type BP offerings, cypress mori, 25% all BP offerings, blueprints.
YELLOW: 100% all personal BP offerings, currently purple oaks, clear and Murky reagents, shrouds, ivory mori.
GREEN: Map Offerings
PURPLE: All wards, Bloody Party Streamers
IRIDECENT: Ebony Mori
This would remove a ton of the unneeded clutter in bloodwebs and character inventories, while giving easier access to many offerings which are sometimes too hard to find. Removing some offerings may even INCREASE the diversity of offerings seen in game. Perhaps if not removed entirely, the offerings in that category could only appear before the characters first prestige.
Comments
All bloodpoint offerings beyond bloody party streamers or anniversary cakes just serve as bloodweb filler, in my mind. I feel bad for killers whose best addons are common, uncommon, or rare. There are webs where you basically just get bloodpoint offerings and nothing to actually spend those points on. And map offerings just need to go period, I think. Love seeing a bunch of green on a killer whose rare addons I like only to realize they're a bunch of map offerings.
And obviously it's a similar boat for survivors, too.
I want to like offerings for both survivor and killer sides, but most of them just feel like a waste of bloodpoints. Especially when you're excited for ultra rare killer addons and you're just staring into the sockets of two or three ebony moris.
I don't know, me personally, I don't see the point of having greater ease of getting bloodpoints when over half of it is stuff you don't even want.
Change ๐ค to โค๏ธ plz
So Bloodwebs look like this ๐๐ฝโค๏ธ๐๐๐๐ฉท
I remember making a post about this when they added new offerings along with Felix. I came to realize the clutter is intentional. It artificially extends the grind to keep you playing to get the good stuff. So I don't expect any changes will be made, unfortunately.
Imagine being an add-on dependent killer like Doctor... Yikes
Doc isn't that bad. The difference between his brown and purple addons of the same kind of actually pretty minimum. You can play with his brown and yellow addons and do just fine.
An interesting take. Here is my idea of a bloodweb cleanup:
Removed offerings:
Restructured and new offerings:
About low tier BP offerings, I think most of them should be like Hollow Shell, Sealed Envelope.
BP bonus shouldn't be limited to certain category.