What's funny about this is that this sounds like getting those crowns originally was like a job. It's a game! You play something to enjoy it. Getting a crown at the time may be an achievement at the end, but it's old news now.
What's funny about this is that this sounds like getting those crowns originally was like a job. It's a game! You play something to enjoy it. Getting a crown at the time may be an achievement at the end, but it's old news now.
The reaction to this is funny considering I basically don’t see anyone wear crown cosmetics
This.
I really don't care about cosmetics anyway myself. I know many do, but we won't even see those crowns worn after the event. It's kinda like a stocking up the inventory thing, just to say "I got it!" but never use it.
FOMO is one of the scummiest things any company can do. Spare your "business first" argument; the companies exist to make games, not wealth. Anything to make the players happier is a good thing for game and company health.
You ask to spare the business first argument but that argument is both valid and reality. These companies exist to make games for profit, not just to make games. DbD would have shut down years ago if this wasn’t the case. If things aren’t profitable, how are they supposed to support the game and keep putting money into it?
FOMO is a legit business tactic, call it scummy, call it whatever you want, but it exists and isn’t going anywhere.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Go on, give us a code for all the Legacy skins. It will be funny.
I agree.
I dont care that they give them away, its the picking and choosing.
Id rather have this than having feng steal jills and cheryls cosmetics
What's funny about this is that this sounds like getting those crowns originally was like a job. It's a game! You play something to enjoy it. Getting a crown at the time may be an achievement at the end, but it's old news now.
exactly. So give me my legacy skins
I know they won't, but part of me hopes they do give a code for legacy just because it would be really funny to see everyone get mad about nothing.
This.
I really don't care about cosmetics anyway myself. I know many do, but we won't even see those crowns worn after the event. It's kinda like a stocking up the inventory thing, just to say "I got it!" but never use it.
the basic skin is still the best skin.
Legacy skin codes, when?
You ask to spare the business first argument but that argument is both valid and reality. These companies exist to make games for profit, not just to make games. DbD would have shut down years ago if this wasn’t the case. If things aren’t profitable, how are they supposed to support the game and keep putting money into it?
FOMO is a legit business tactic, call it scummy, call it whatever you want, but it exists and isn’t going anywhere.