What Builds Do You Give Your Bots In Customs ?
I've been practicing with bots to get back into playing killer, and I love them !
For now I've been giving them :
- Sprint Burst / Overcome
- Flashbang
- Lightweight
- Prove Thyself / Overzealous
- Brown medkit
My total absence of object permanence doesn't like Lightweight much, but it's a fairly good perk that I've seen used regularly before and I better get used to not losing track of the survivors mid chase !
Do some of you who use bots have builds you use in custom games for your bots ?
Comments
I either give them new / reworked perks to see what they feel like from the killer side (mostly in PTB bc killer queue is just too long), otherwise I have fun making each of them have a role:
Healer: Empathy, heal perks, BT or exhaustion perk + medkit
Gen guy: Prove Thyself, Deja Vu, some other gen perks or exhaustion perk + toolbox
Looper: Exhaustion perk, WoW, Lightweight, adrenaline + flashlight
The one their teammates hate: Sprint Burst, urban evasion, spine chill, self-care + key
I've been meaning to do something like it, but for some reason when I select a new build on a bot it gives it to every bot. I might be doing something wrong here !
I think you need to select each bot and go in to change their build one by one after they're all in the lobby ? I haven't done it in quite a while bc it was a bit tedious, but I'm quite confident bots are allowed to have different builds, unless I somehow broke the game back when I did it. I'll try to do it tomorrow to check if it wasn't a fever dream haha.
I give them all bnp, prove, botany, deliverance and DS. The bots are really bad at sticking to gens or saving when the killer is near by so i just try to off set that with the perks mention above.
I'm happy to report I'm not crazy yet, to give your bots different builds you need to give them each a different "preset" (you can change it over the loadout). Once you give your build to bot 1 it'll copy it on all the other bots, but then you can go edit the other bots to give them preset 2 / 3 / 4 so they all have different builds :)
Ok, thank you lots !! I didn't think about the presets hahaha ! It makes more sense now.
I wish we could create 50 builds for bots, and let them randomly pick one of them.
You can give strong build for them now, but it’s predictable.
Think mine have For the people / CoH / Dead Hard / Blast Mine and they use them quite well tbh