Skull Merchant on RPD is pure misery

A lot of people are complaining about survivors killing themselves on hook. I hate it as well whenever there's no provocation for it but playing against a Skull Merchant on RPD is all you need as a reason. I'm playing solo queue and I realize it's a Skull Merchant with Corrupt Intervention and I just sigh. A survivor was downstairs in the main lobby on the pallet right outside the exit/entrance into the building and they get M1'd. Wonder how? No it wasn't mindgames, it was just a flick of a wrist in order to place a drone and, obviously, it's better to get hit than exposed. The survivor got knocked shortly after since they went into the library looking place which was a poor decision on their end but oh well. They immediately started killing themselves on hook. I tried to go for the save but, with just two tokens of her save the best for last, after injuring me earlier, I couldn't risk it and went on the loop on the outside area. I couldn't do much there due to bloodlust and got knocked down. The game was basically over at four gens but can you even blame the survivor for not wanting to play?. I tried killing myself on hook but got the 4% and guess who came right over to tunnel me out of the game? I wasn't even aware at first because of the drone effect that hides her terror radius so I didn't get far. Yet again I was stuck on a loop, but this time near the exit gate and I literally had no where to go. Based entirely on this experience, I would just like to ask these questions:


. Why do survivors DC/kill themselves on hook against her if it isn't because of how annoying she is?


. Why does Trapper need to waste so much time placing a trap on a loop, or pretending to, when the Skull Merchant can just flick her wrist and deny an entire section of it?


. Why is there a killer that promotes getting M1'd rather than staying on a loop? Save the Best For Last is literally so overpowered on her it's unreal.


. And, most importantly, how can I counter her on RPD specifically with loops far apart and keeping in mind they will definitely have STBFL?


I understand that the killer isn't overpowered and I'm not implying it but on certain maps, with loops further apart, she can be just as annoying as her three gen capability. No one realistically enjoys playing against them.

Comments

  • Skull Merchant + Doctor are horrible on Midwhich/RPD/Gideons


    IMO the skill check bs needs to go for accessibility reasons, or toned down. I'd be in favour of him getting better chase mechanics/ power mechanics that aren't really easy to exploit. it's not as bad as impossible skill check build days but it's getting there with merciless storm etc.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    Skull Merchant + Doctor are horrible on Midwhich/RPD/Gideons

    IMO the skill check bs needs to go for accessibility reasons, or toned down. I'd be in favour of him getting better chase mechanics/ power mechanics that aren't really easy to exploit. it's not as bad as impossible skill check build days but it's getting there with merciless storm etc.

    I don't think I ever actually went up against a Doctor on RPD. His power is really hit or miss so if you master him and you get those maps you mentioned then I really wouldn't want to be a survivor in a game like that lmao. Sometimes I kind of think RPD is the problem and not the killers but it's just a weird situation overall.