New Killer perk idea as a foil to Adrenalin: Malicious Comeback

Hello everyone,

I have a fun killer perk idea that kinda evokes the feeling of adrenalin, ie adding some more fun and zest at the cusp of winning.

Malicious Comeback:

When the last gen gets repaired, one previous repaired gen springs back to 50% and all gens that are currently being worked at jump down to 50% if they have been repaired higher then this.

The idea is to play with one less perk for most of the game, but then, when victoriy is within grasp, highten the tension again by giving a minor last obstacle. For the full adrenalin-like experience we could also block all gens for 10s when this happens.

No, I havn't been massively outplayed last game by Adrenalin, but actually this sinking feeling when the last gen pops and the person just in front of you races off is so essential to the DBD experience, that I think 4/5 of the player base shouldn't be left out of the fun :)

Maybe Technican could be a natural counter to this perk, ie if you got the perk equipped it prevents your gen from regressing back to 50%, just like Terminus is a hard counter to Adrenalin.

Comments

  • There's nothing fun about this.

  • @Yoshirama said:

    There's nothing fun about this.

    You might be after something, here. But would it be fair? Thats the bigger question :)

  • I am actually not asking for a counter to Adrenalin, I just want a kinda similar experience for the survivors.

  • That perk would not be fair in any possible way. Pair No Way Out + that perk and you've just extended a game by 2 minutes minimum. Having to do an extra 45 seconds on a gen (which can be disrupted by the killer) and wait an extra 60 seconds for No Way Out is insanely unfair.

  • I think the main problem here is, you can stack it with other endgame perks like NOED and NWO. Especially on higher tier killers endgame would be a guaranteed death.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I am actually not asking for a counter to Adrenalin, I just want a kinda similar experience for the survivors.

    So a small Terminus buff in the form of a short movement speed bonus for the killer when it activates.

  • @mca240 said:

    I think the main problem here is, you can stack it with other endgame perks like NOED and NWO. Especially on higher tier killers endgame would be a guaranteed death.

    The problem is that it would break the code in so many places that the Devs would work for the next 2 years to somehow get the perk in game and we might forget new content

  • Adrenaline is a reward for finishing the main objective. How would this be a killer equivalent if technically the killer has failed most of their main objective, because the gens are done?

  • I think it would be a unique perk idea if there wasn't so many slowdown perks that are stackable existing in the game (no way out, Dead lock etc). It kind of sounds like merciless storm in a sense. Honestly one buff I'd like to see is to oppression where if any skill check it causes fails, it causes a chain reaction (to other gens, not the same gen) until people stop missing them

  • Pain Res, Surveillance, PGTW.

    Once pain res triggers and Surveillance highlights the gen, go kick it with Pop since Survivors probably stopped regression on it.

    Haven’t tried it myself, but should probably emulate that feeling of an objective pulling away.