Oppression buff?

Would anyone have an objection to Oppression getting a small buff? Just a QoL change really, reducing the cool down. Seems like a balanced perk that isn't (despite the name) oppressive. It has an easy enough counter of hitting your tough skill check and the regression speed on an unmanned gen isn't anything that can't be quickly recovered. An 80 second cool down feels excessive and by it's pick rate it seems most people agree.


This is DBD so I'm sure someone will disagree, but I think it'd be nice to reduce the cool down to 60 seconds.

Comments

  • @Veroles said:

    Or just remove the skillcheck and make gens always explode. For a perk what has 80s cooldown i think that's pretty fair.

    The explosion is from missing a skill check, which is 10 percent iirc. Working on up to 3 gens that's 30 percent regression. That's quite a lot for nothing more than kicking a gen when there's no counterplay. There's a reason overbrine/eruption got nerfed and I'd rather not see an alternative combo rise in it's place.

  • @ShaidarHaran_ said:

    Would anyone have an objection to Oppression getting a small buff? Just a QoL change really, reducing the cool down. Seems like a balanced perk that isn't (despite the name) oppressive. It has an easy enough counter of hitting your tough skill check and the regression speed on an unmanned gen isn't anything that can't be quickly recovered. An 80 second cool down feels excessive and by it's pick rate it seems most people agree.

    This is DBD so I'm sure someone will disagree, but I think it'd be nice to reduce the cool down to 60 seconds.

    I support this.

    this perk is unplayably weak atm.

    @Veroles said:

    Or just remove the skillcheck and make gens always explode. For a perk what has 80s cooldown i think that's pretty fair.

    @ShaidarHaran_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3440164#Comment_3440164

    The explosion is from missing a skill check, which is 10 percent iirc. Working on up to 3 gens that's 30 percent regression. That's quite a lot for nothing more than kicking a gen when there's no counterplay. There's a reason overbrine/eruption got nerfed and I'd rather not see an alternative combo rise in it's place.

    Y'all need to chill, I run merciless storm and gens still fly.

    A skillcheck just isn't a real obstacle, just pay attention to the match and you'll fail it maybe only on the first proc after its super predictable.

  • @Veroles said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3440261#Comment_3440261

    I am chilled. I'm just wanna say that removing the skill check wouldn't cause any major problems because it is so easy to hit them. I miss such a skill check maybe every 1/10th of a time. And because the perk has 80 s cooldown i think that's not a big deal you know :). I simply would love to combine it with surveillance but there surveillance gives no info when people hit skill checks it is pretty weak overall.😃

    except the perk is already unplayably bad.

    its not about a re-work, we don't need to "nerf" the perks.

    we need to reduce its cooldown so it actually does something in a match where surivors fly through gens in like, a minute or two.

  • its called a fact.

  • @Veroles said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3440326#Comment_3440326

    No it is not. If a perk triggers 100% and doesn't have a certain chance of being affected by survivors, I don't think it's a nerf. That's a buff.

    wait I get it now, you said in a previous post "remove the skill check but THEN make it proc all the time.

    I meant to reply to the person who said that it would be "too good" and added you thinking you meant just "remove skillcheck" and nothing else.

    Its just a misunderstanding.

    I presonally thinks that having uptime is a more balanced approach however.

    But hey, it could proc 100% I'd be all for that, the gens that do are already random anyways.

  • it definitely could use some cooldown buffs, and i read somewhere it could hit gens with no progress or even completed ones; if that's the case fixing that would be nice obviously.

  • the cool down on that perk is crazy