Show the genmat type icon in the outpost.

I dunno about other builders, but I take the genmat type into account when thinking about themes/strategies for building an outpost.

It would be nice for players to get a reminder after they've loaded, of what type of genmat they're on. Not just if they forgot, but also for challenge outposts and social outposts, which don't let you see the genmat type from the menu.

The genmat drone's landing pole could have that particular advisor's symbol on it, or maybe it could be on the walkway.

Or maybe give builders a special decal that only displays that advisor's icon on it. (So they can't lie about what type of genmat the map is.)

Comments

  • @Amaroq64 said:

    I dunno about other builders, but I take the genmat type into account when thinking about themes/strategies for building an outpost.

    It would be nice for players to get a reminder after they've loaded, of what type of genmat they're on. Not just if they forgot, but also for challenge outposts and social outposts, which don't let you see the genmat type from the menu.

    The genmat drone's landing pole could have that particular advisor's symbol on it, or maybe it could be on the walkway.

    Or maybe give builders a special decal that only displays that advisor's icon on it. (So they can't lie about what type of genmat the map is.)

    never even something that crosses my mind.

    "Or maybe give builders a special decal that only displays that advisor's icon on it. (So they can't lie about what type of genmat the map is.)"

    i just won't use the decal myself

  • @Amaroq64 said:

    I dunno about other builders, but I take the genmat type into account when thinking about themes/strategies for building an outpost.

    It would be nice for players to get a reminder after they've loaded, of what type of genmat they're on. Not just if they forgot, but also for challenge outposts and social outposts, which don't let you see the genmat type from the menu.

    The genmat drone's landing pole could have that particular advisor's symbol on it, or maybe it could be on the walkway.

    Or maybe give builders a special decal that only displays that advisor's icon on it. (So they can't lie about what type of genmat the map is.)

    I don't know about before becoming a Championship Outpost, but definitely after becoming a Championship Outpost an Outpost can be displayed under any of the five GenMat types. So I wouldn't recommend attempting to theme according to GenMat type.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/376384/show-the-genmat-type-icon-in-the-outpost

    I don't know about before becoming a Championship Outpost, but definitely after becoming a Championship Outpost an Outpost can be displayed under any of the five GenMat types. So I wouldn't recommend attempting to theme according to GenMat type.

    Are you telling me that if an outpost becomes champion (which gives all 5 types), and then loses champion status, subsequent raiders see it as any random genmat type?

    Dang that sucks. I like to theme them like that. :(

  • @Amaroq64 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435204#Comment_3435204

    Are you telling me that if an outpost becomes champion (which gives all 5 types), and then loses champion status, subsequent raiders see it as any random genmat type?

    Dang that sucks. I like to theme them like that. :(

    I don't know about after losing Championship status, but I've seen (on the same day) Championship Outposts listed as Championship and also under multiple GenMat types. It's annoying, actually, because it'll be some Outpost that just doesn't interest me and it's very noticeable that it's popping up in multiple spots.

    Edit: These screencaps are from a couple weeks ago, but I saw the same Outpost appearing under multiple GenMat types even today. This particular Outpost was obviously very immediately noticeable when it kept reappearing.

    Meet Your Maker_20230509041138.jpg Meet Your Maker_20230509041331.jpg Meet Your Maker_20230509041359.jpg


  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/376384/show-the-genmat-type-icon-in-the-outpost

    I don't know about before becoming a Championship Outpost, but definitely after becoming a Championship Outpost an Outpost can be displayed under any of the five GenMat types. So I wouldn't recommend attempting to theme according to GenMat type.

    @Amaroq64 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435204#Comment_3435204

    Are you telling me that if an outpost becomes champion (which gives all 5 types), and then loses champion status, subsequent raiders see it as any random genmat type?

    Dang that sucks. I like to theme them like that. :(

    @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435212#Comment_3435212

    I don't know about after losing Championship status, but I've seen (on the same day) Championship Outposts listed as Championship and also under multiple GenMat types. It's annoying, actually, because it'll be some Outpost that just doesn't interest me and it's very noticeable that it's popping up in multiple spots.

    i can add clarity to this.

    p1-p4 it shows up in the list under the type of genmat related to the outpost.

    tragic is talking about when an outpost hits P5 and becomes champion. champion outpost just display the flag symbol because they aware all genmat types. However a P5 outpost can still show up in the regular list outside of the champion listing and will be in it's correct category.


    Champion status can't be lost, it just isn't always in the champion slot, but only a p5+ can be there.

  • @MadMoeZel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435204#Comment_3435204

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435212#Comment_3435212

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435216#Comment_3435216

    i can add clarity to this.

    p1-p4 it shows up in the list under the type of genmat related to the outpost.

    tragic is talking about when an outpost hits P5 and becomes champion. champion outpost just display the flag symbol because they aware all genmat types. However a P5 outpost can still show up in the regular list outside of the champion listing and will be in it's correct category.

    Champion status can't be lost, it just isn't always in the champion slot, but only a p5+ can be there.

    a P5 outpost can still show up in the regular list outside of the champion listing and will be in it's correct category.

    Not sure what you mean by "correct category." I posted screencaps above that show the same Outpost in two different GenMat categories.

    Champion status can't be lost,

    If a Champion Outpost fails to meet the Prestige requirements and has to be refilled, then the Prestige points are reset and it loses Champion status. After the update to Prestige it might now be pretty difficult for this to happen, but it happened very easily before the update to Prestige.

    See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkDaK2J5tI&t=98s Within the game, it says under Prestige Guidelines: "Reset if you fail to Prestige. Champion Outposts that reset lose Champion status until their next level."

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435224#Comment_3435224

    a P5 outpost can still show up in the regular list outside of the champion listing and will be in it's correct category.

    Not sure what you mean by "correct category." I posted screencaps above that show the same Outpost in two different GenMat categories.

    Champion status can't be lost,

    If a Champion Outpost fails to meet the Prestige requirements and has to be refilled, then the Prestige points are reset and it loses Champion status. After the update to Prestige it might now be pretty difficult for this to happen, but it happened very easily before the update to Prestige.

    See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkDaK2J5tI&t=98s Within the game, it says under Prestige Guidelines: "Reset if you fail to Prestige. Champion Outposts that reset lose Champion status until their next level."

    thank you for correcting me, i never had this issue so i never encountered the topic.

  • "Not sure what you mean by "correct category." I posted screencaps above that show the same Outpost in two different GenMat categories."

    the 2 categories were Champion which awards all genmat, and it's normal type "trap" <- the 'correct category' for it when it's not being displayed in champion

  • @MadMoeZel said:

    "Not sure what you mean by "correct category." I posted screencaps above that show the same Outpost in two different GenMat categories."

    the 2 categories were Champion which awards all genmat, and it's normal type "trap" <- the 'correct category' for it when it's not being displayed in champion

    The first of the three screencaps shows the Outpost offered as Weapons GenMat, second as Traps GenMat, third as a Champion Outpost. (I apologize if I was unclear, I don't think of "Champion" as a GenMat category since it rewards all five categories.)

    It's not the only Outpost I've seen under multiple GenMat categories, just the only one I caught with screencaps. I saw an Outpost today pop up under both Suits and Traps.


    @MadMoeZel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435246#Comment_3435246

    thank you for correcting me, i never had this issue so i never encountered the topic.

    No problem. I used to see that text daily because I ran passive GenMat Outposts designed to avoid Prestiging, that way they lived forever and only cost 600 Synthite to refill. Can't do that anymore after the update to Prestige, sadly.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435353#Comment_3435353

    The first of the three screencaps shows the Outpost offered as Weapons GenMat, second as Traps GenMat, third as a Champion Outpost. (I apologize if I was unclear, I don't think of "Champion" as a GenMat category since it rewards all five categories.)

    It's not the only Outpost I've seen under multiple GenMat categories, just the only one I caught with screencaps. I saw an Outpost today pop up under both Suits and Traps.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435351#Comment_3435351

    No problem. I used to see that text daily because I ran passive GenMat Outposts designed to avoid Prestiging, that way they lived forever and only cost 600 Synthite to refill. Can't do that anymore after the update to Prestige, sadly.

    apologies, for some reason i only saw two pictures. i'm stumped on that one.

  • @Amaroq64 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435204#Comment_3435204

    Are you telling me that if an outpost becomes champion (which gives all 5 types), and then loses champion status, subsequent raiders see it as any random genmat type?

    Dang that sucks. I like to theme them like that. :(

    Turns out, an Outpost does not have to be a Champion Outpost to show up under multiple GenMat types. So, even before P5 it might be unwise to theme according to GenMat type, as you have no guarantee under which category your base is appearing.

    Meet Your Maker_20230523181637.jpg Meet Your Maker_20230523212150.jpg

    The above Outpost, Waubay, was listed as both Suits and Guards. It was Prestige level 3, so no chance of being a Champion Outpost. Recorded as being P3 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46C-ie_yXWA

    Not a fluke. Also saw it happen with another base.

    Meet Your Maker_20230523183921.jpg Meet Your Maker_20230523212252.jpg

    Steptoe showed up as both Guards and Traps. Documented as being P2 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wg9-N8om4U


    @MadMoeZel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435370#Comment_3435370

    apologies, for some reason i only saw two pictures. i'm stumped on that one.

    I discovered today that an Outpost does not have to be a Champion Outpost to be listed under multiple GenMat types. See above for screencaps.

    My guess is that it's done to ensure Outposts get equal treatment. This makes sense, considering how many players have said they don't look at any Outpost that isn't Suits.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435212#Comment_3435212

    Turns out, an Outpost does not have to be a Champion Outpost to show up under multiple GenMat types. So, even before P5 it might be unwise to theme according to GenMat type, as you have no guarantee under which category your base is appearing.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YHO14CKLDMRP/meet-your-maker-20230523181637.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DKVHI4G703WI/meet-your-maker-20230523212150.jpg

    The above Outpost, Waubay, was listed as both Suits and Guards. It was Prestige level 3, so no chance of being a Champion Outpost. Recorded as being P3 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46C-ie_yXWA

    Not a fluke. Also saw it happen with another base.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UA6Z9R5IATYE/meet-your-maker-20230523183921.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YUZ6OZ0SNW14/meet-your-maker-20230523212252.jpg

    Steptoe showed up as both Guards and Traps. Documented as being P2 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wg9-N8om4U

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3435393#Comment_3435393

    I discovered today that an Outpost does not have to be a Champion Outpost to be listed under multiple GenMat types. See above for screencaps.

    My guess is that it's done to ensure Outposts get equal treatment. This makes sense, considering how many players have said they don't look at any Outpost that isn't Suits.

    i wonder if genmat type is only important to the builder in what they harevst and that raiders are rewarded random genmat types for each map?

  • @MadMoeZel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/comment/3436721#Comment_3436721

    i wonder if genmat type is only important to the builder in what they harevst and that raiders are rewarded random genmat types for each map?

    I'm actually earning multiple GenMat types on many of my Outposts, including a P3 Outpost. It was probably just overlooked when the devs made it so that Outposts could be any GenMat type on the Raid Map to improve matchmaking: I assume that instead of rewarding the GenMat type the Builder chose when a Raider dies, it's rewarding the type of GenMat the Raider was promised. I've been meaning to post a bug report, but in the grand scheme of things I don't consider it that important.