Thank you BHVR

I took one look at the forum after catching up with the live, and of course people are already complaining left and right about things that are still in the works and months away from being implemented, so I just wanted to take a breather and say thank you BHVR, because everything looks great, and I'm so excited about the QoL changes, I could feel the search bar coming but I thought I was the only person demanding collection tabs in the store and I am sooo excited for it (and a bit scared it might make me start buying cosmetics again tbh).

Also, I love the looks and design of the new survivor, killer and map, can't wait to take Demo on a walk there :).

oh and the DC bots... oooh the DC bots... i could pinch their cheeks and pat them on the head...

Comments

  • Yeah i think this is best anniversary stream only let down by the leaks.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    Yeah i think this is best anniversary stream only let down by the leaks.

    I personally make a point to stay clear of leaks and it's really disappointing that they were important enough to force BHVR's hand, it's a shame they had to announce Nicolas Cage before the big end of anniversary live reveal. It's also sad that now we're super hype for everything but we have to wait longer to get stuff because the live was put out early :/

  • Yes it is annoying that people rush to conclusions and use the us vs them argument. They need to chill and appreciate the changes we’ve gotten.

  • Honestly been here for every anniversary and this has been the worst one for me. Last time I felt this way was when McCote told killers to play a different game if they weren't happy with the game state. New map looks like it will be another one balanced by the art team and they shown they are clueless on the issues with maps by touching rancid over the many other the problematic maps.

  • Hear hear, a lot of good stuff coming to the game!

  • It was a very positive stream and I was quite impressed they looked at all the current issues, such as map reworks, bots, camping and such. People like jumping to conclusions, bit if theu can avoid the mistakes of their last chapter amd carry throigh all these ones successfully, the future is very bright.

  • I really, really enjoyed it and am eager to see the next chapter and more news with time. Honestly, I don't think I've been this excited about DbD's future before (it's fair to say that I started playing May last year).

  • @NODD3RS said:

    Yes it is annoying that people rush to conclusions and use the us vs them argument. They need to chill and appreciate the changes we’ve gotten.

    Yeah it's frustrating to see people acting like DBD is two different games. They agree the changes for one side are good but they're still saying it's unfair and bad for the game and BHVR hates them bc they haven't announced specific changes for the other side, and of course map & perk balance don't count bc it's for both side 🙄 like come on good changes are good changes stop acting like spoiled children.. also literally all the stuff announced aren't even survivor buffs but just healthy for the game (and therefore good for both sides)

  • @Trollinmon said:

    Honestly been here for every anniversary and this has been the worst one for me. Last time I felt this way was when McCote told killers to play a different game if they weren't happy with the game state. New map looks like it will be another one balanced by the art team and they shown they are clueless on the issues with maps by touching rancid over the many other the problematic maps.

    I'm not an expert but I'm most definitely certain the art team works on what the map looks like, while other people work on its layout, tiles and overall balance. In any case, don't you feel like you're jumping the gun a bit already complaining about a map which isn't even available in a PTB yet ?

    They've announced lots of healthy changes for the game and good QoL changes. Of course I can't (nor want to) do anything about you feeling underwhelmed by the stream, but if you think it's bad bc of baseless assumptions floating around the forum right now (new map being bad, future map reworks or perk reworks being bad or X sided, new killer being bad...) then you're literally spoiling your own fun by being disappointed about things you or others made up.

    Of course I'm also worried about future maps balance and other future content, but there's no point stressing over or debating and complaining about content that isn't available in the game nor in public testing, or is quite literally still a work in progress. We virtually don't know anything about the balance of anything announced, so we might as well pretend it'll be absolutely perfect and enjoy it while we can ;).

  • @OrangeBear said:

    Yeah i think this is best anniversary stream only let down by the leaks.

    I think even with the leaks this would’ve been probably the worst that they’ve done. It was short, hardly anything was genuinely announced, there was little to no actual fanfare idk it just felt like a press conference more than an anniversary celebration especially compared to year 6 and 5’s.

  • @HamsterEnjoyer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431847#Comment_3431847

    I think even with the leaks this would’ve been probably the worst that they’ve done. It was short, hardly anything was genuinely announced, there was little to no actual fanfare idk it just felt like a press conference more than an anniversary celebration especially compared to year 6 and 5’s.

    I can respect if you feel like it was the worst one

    I didn't feel like it had much less than other years i actually feel like there was more. The two new spin off games were pretty huge i think. There was a lot of cosmetics announced.

    Gameplay wise there wasn't much to be fair but i kinda feel relieved because the last two anniversary streams a lot of gameplay stuff was controversial. I like that they instead announced they will do smaller focused balanced updates i think this will allow the game to have more stability than if there was another meta patch last year.

    In regards to the little to no fanfare i kinda agree there didn't seem to be a lot of hype.

  • @Annso_x said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431876#Comment_3431876

    I'm not an expert but I'm most definitely certain the art team works on what the map looks like, while other people work on its layout, tiles and overall balance. In any case, don't you feel like you're jumping the gun a bit already complaining about a map which isn't even available in a PTB yet ?

    They've announced lots of healthy changes for the game and good QoL changes. Of course I can't (nor want to) do anything about you feeling underwhelmed by the stream, but if you think it's bad bc of baseless assumptions floating around the forum right now (new map being bad, future map reworks or perk reworks being bad or X sided, new killer being bad...) then you're literally spoiling your own fun by being disappointed about things you or others made up.

    Of course I'm also worried about future maps balance and other future content, but there's no point stressing over or debating and complaining about content that isn't available in the game nor in public testing, or is quite literally still a work in progress. We virtually don't know anything about the balance of anything announced, so we might as well pretend it'll be absolutely perfect and enjoy it while we can ;).

    It's me throwing shade at the ppl working on the maps by saying their quality is so bad that the art team is the ones doing their jobs.

    I'm not jumping the gun when every map since year 4 has been straight trash. Why would one ever give them the benefit of the doubt if they only release trash and the new map looks to be the same?

    Setting a realistic expectation is a rational thing one can do. They are straight up adding a new map that will be trash to play on and then waste resources on a map that isn't an issue. Which then continues the problem of them fixing one map and adding more terrible ones. Fracture gets better while new map will be terrible and Rancid most likely will be worse to play on. They literally did a rework to Eyrie and then added more pallets to the map to make it miserable to play on after release. They've done nothing but fail and doesn't seem like that it will change. There is simply no light at the end of the tunnel to grasp on to.