Okay, to most of those who are not new players and have played for a while now, like 4 years or so? Would you want the old DBD back or happy to keep the new DBD? Curious on peopls thoughts.
Everything in old dbd is a downgrade to what we have now and going back to it would mean that i'd be facing old Billy again, who is the killer i hate the most next to Blight.
Also not to mention playing against the snoozefest that is old freddy again.
I feel some people forget just how far from balanced the game was in the past. Mori on second hook, insta-gen Brand New Part, infinites, traps directly under the hook. Today it is way more balanced, or at least as well-balanced as you can expect an asymmetrical game can be.
Although, I do miss the way survivors walked, like they were genuinely cautious and concerned, rather than how they stand now like "Come out me bro!" And crap. The grimmer atmosphere I do miss also.
Old DBD while it has a lot of nostalgic value was a terrible unbalanced mess. The absolute only thing I would bring back is Hillbilly before they stealth changed their animations and then two or so updates later reworked them. I do miss how atmospheric old DBD was and the way the fog worked allowed some stealth killers to thrive.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
For all the major flaws DBD still has (and it has A LOT), it's a massive improvement in every way from what it used to be years ago.
Going back would be absolutely miserable.
Back when I started playing we all complained about how Hillbilly needed a nerf! Now look at him.
He's called the Blight now!
Everything in old dbd is a downgrade to what we have now and going back to it would mean that i'd be facing old Billy again, who is the killer i hate the most next to Blight.
Also not to mention playing against the snoozefest that is old freddy again.
I feel some people forget just how far from balanced the game was in the past. Mori on second hook, insta-gen Brand New Part, infinites, traps directly under the hook. Today it is way more balanced, or at least as well-balanced as you can expect an asymmetrical game can be.
Although, I do miss the way survivors walked, like they were genuinely cautious and concerned, rather than how they stand now like "Come out me bro!" And crap. The grimmer atmosphere I do miss also.
It kinda depends on where the breakdown is for "old" vs "newer" dbd starts and stops honestly
Old DBD while it has a lot of nostalgic value was a terrible unbalanced mess. The absolute only thing I would bring back is Hillbilly before they stealth changed their animations and then two or so updates later reworked them. I do miss how atmospheric old DBD was and the way the fog worked allowed some stealth killers to thrive.
Current DBD no question.
It would be great though to see a realm, like Swamp maps for example, visually nod to the more nostalgic, dark and grungy aesthetic of older dbd.