We need more agile mods or new mechanisms to remove the Chinese SPAM

Comments

  • Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

  • @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Yeah i suggested something like this some time ago.

  • @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Same but I think that's coming as part of their new forum update as well, well that and when the new mods get going next month or so.

  • @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

  • @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    Not allowed? Since when?

  • Orion said:

    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Wait for the midchapter patch 2019 and they will eventually do that lol
  • @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    We are talking about characters, not languages.

  • @Vietfox said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    We are talking about characters, not languages.

    Yes but the same thing could be applied for languages too, general chat is english only anyway

  • @Master said:

    @Vietfox said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    We are talking about characters, not languages.

    Yes but the same thing could be applied for languages too, general chat is english only anyway

    There's a sub-forum for other languages, you know, and it's used fairly regularly.

  • @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    Not allowed? Since when?

    Since the beginning, thats why we got other-language sections (which are not complete, I know)

  • @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    Not allowed? Since when?

    Since the beginning, thats why we got other-language sections (which are not complete, I know)

    It sounded like you just want to ban all languages besides English, which is both impossible to accomplish with an automated system and absurd.

  • @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    Not allowed? Since when?

    Since the beginning, thats why we got other-language sections (which are not complete, I know)

    It sounded like you just want to ban all languages besides English, which is both impossible to accomplish with an automated system and absurd.

    Not bann, I suggested that they get put up for a review.

    There is already a system doing that, scannign for specific words and holding back the thread until a mod takes a look at it. (or the forum might just be bugged, idk)

  • @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    Not allowed? Since when?

    Since the beginning, thats why we got other-language sections (which are not complete, I know)

    It sounded like you just want to ban all languages besides English, which is both impossible to accomplish with an automated system and absurd.

    Not bann, I suggested that they get put up for a review.

    There is already a system doing that, scannign for specific words and holding back the thread until a mod takes a look at it. (or the forum might just be bugged, idk)

    Here's the thing: there is no automated system in the world that can do that with any significant degree of precision, due to the prevalence of the Latin alphabet. That's not like blocking/identifying characters used exclusively in one language, such as what I suggested.

  • @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    Not allowed? Since when?

    Since the beginning, thats why we got other-language sections (which are not complete, I know)

    It sounded like you just want to ban all languages besides English, which is both impossible to accomplish with an automated system and absurd.

    Not bann, I suggested that they get put up for a review.

    There is already a system doing that, scannign for specific words and holding back the thread until a mod takes a look at it. (or the forum might just be bugged, idk)

    Here's the thing: there is no automated system in the world that can do that with any significant degree of precision, due to the prevalence of the Latin alphabet. That's not like blocking/identifying characters used exclusively in one language, such as what I suggested.

    Google does a pretty good job with its free translation software, but of course they could take the approach to search for certain characters too

  • Just remove anything in chinese on the english forum

  • @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:

    @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    Just have the filter automatically hold all comments containing any Chinese characters for review. Nobody else is using them.

    Every other language besides english is not allowed in general anyway, so I would suggest to automatically put threads in other languages up for a review

    Not allowed? Since when?

    Since the beginning, thats why we got other-language sections (which are not complete, I know)

    It sounded like you just want to ban all languages besides English, which is both impossible to accomplish with an automated system and absurd.

    Not bann, I suggested that they get put up for a review.

    There is already a system doing that, scannign for specific words and holding back the thread until a mod takes a look at it. (or the forum might just be bugged, idk)

    Here's the thing: there is no automated system in the world that can do that with any significant degree of precision, due to the prevalence of the Latin alphabet. That's not like blocking/identifying characters used exclusively in one language, such as what I suggested.

    Google does a pretty good job with its free translation software, but of course they could take the approach to search for certain characters too

    Google's translation software doesn't take into account typos, slang, texting, and a bunch of other stuff. It requires text that observes the grammatical and spelling rules of whatever language you're trying to translate from, and even then it misidentifies languages all the time. I've had it misidentify Latin as Afrikaans, for example. Furthermore, I'm not sure if you can even use it on this forum's spam filter.

    As for your idea of identifying certain characters, as I've explained, that only works if the languages in question don't use the Latin alphabet. While there are many languages that don't use it, very few have many native speakers, and even fewer are used on this forum. Chinese is a unique situation in this case because the people you want to keep around don't use it, and the people you want to keep out use it almost exclusively.