I rarely see any key user nowadays but some of its aura reading add-on are quite useful so I was wondering if it's because killers still tunnel out the key user first.
I used to tunnel keys any time I saw them, but that was back under the old Hatch rules. New keys are just whatever. Medkits and tool boxes are stronger than keys now.
i usually don't give a damn about who brings what item, but sadly key users tend to just hide in corners and letting their teammates die. When not seeing the key user for longer time, i will try to find them. I won't force them out of the game immidiately, but i will remind them to take part in the match. I definitely don't want them as the last standing
Actually, if I see someone bring a key I assume they have one of the key-related tomes - some of which are borderline impossible to get. So I give them a pass and kinda go out of my way to communicate that I want them to get their goddamn challenge done. If they just need to escape they usually hop right in. - If they stand there like a lemming with their key in their hand I go ahead and close it so they can open it with the key if they have to.
The cases where someone brought a key for aura reading are.... so few that I rather expect someone to bring a key just to get rid of the clutter than to actually use the key......
I don't care from a killer's perspective (I'm fine with them escaping if I can achieve a 3K), however, key is a rarity which means the person is probably doing the key challenge / achievement. I have yet to escape one more time to have the related challenge completed. Annoying and boring which is why I don't want to invest time in it. So I'm really happy if they manage to escape like that.
i usually don't give a damn about who brings what item, but sadly key users tend to just hide in corners and letting their teammates die. When not seeing the key user for longer time, i will try to find them. I won't force them out of the game immidiately, but i will remind them to take part in the match. I definitely don't want them as the last standing
I've never seen that happen with all the key using teammates I see. The only time I see people hiding is if there are only 2 survivors left and one of them went down. Then you're playing for hatch anyway. Before that the only time I saw people hiding all game was when I was new to the game so there were a lot of bad players.
Personally, I only bring keys when I have a hatch escape challenge. They're useless otherwise.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I used to tunnel keys any time I saw them, but that was back under the old Hatch rules. New keys are just whatever. Medkits and tool boxes are stronger than keys now.
I did with old keys but not anymore.
i usually don't give a damn about who brings what item, but sadly key users tend to just hide in corners and letting their teammates die. When not seeing the key user for longer time, i will try to find them. I won't force them out of the game immidiately, but i will remind them to take part in the match. I definitely don't want them as the last standing
Actually, if I see someone bring a key I assume they have one of the key-related tomes - some of which are borderline impossible to get. So I give them a pass and kinda go out of my way to communicate that I want them to get their goddamn challenge done. If they just need to escape they usually hop right in. - If they stand there like a lemming with their key in their hand I go ahead and close it so they can open it with the key if they have to.
The cases where someone brought a key for aura reading are.... so few that I rather expect someone to bring a key just to get rid of the clutter than to actually use the key......
Old hatch rules you had to tunnel key users.
New rule its never been used for hatch in my games
I picked "No, I don't care." but want to explain.
I don't care from a killer's perspective (I'm fine with them escaping if I can achieve a 3K), however, key is a rarity which means the person is probably doing the key challenge / achievement. I have yet to escape one more time to have the related challenge completed. Annoying and boring which is why I don't want to invest time in it. So I'm really happy if they manage to escape like that.
I've never seen that happen with all the key using teammates I see. The only time I see people hiding is if there are only 2 survivors left and one of them went down. Then you're playing for hatch anyway. Before that the only time I saw people hiding all game was when I was new to the game so there were a lot of bad players.
Personally, I only bring keys when I have a hatch escape challenge. They're useless otherwise.