Decisive Strike

I agree that DS should not be deactivated in EGC. As someone who mains survivor and plays regularly but is not that good, it’s frustrating to almost never live to see the 5th gen pop and EGC. I love survivor, but I am absolutely terrible at looping/escaping chase. Being chased after unhook, I often go down very quickly. I think this perk should be altered to appeal to survivors who struggle with chase. If they severely decrease the amount of activation time of the perk, I think it could work very well. If you’re a seasoned survivor who can loop easily, why would you run DS? There is no benefit for seasoned survivors to run DS if they severely shorten DS’s activation time. What benefit would they have if they can loop and escape successfully? Could they even abuse it, being able to escape easily on their own and with such a shortened activation time? It would just waste a perk slot for them. Survivors who rarely make it to EGC and aren’t good loopers, like me, could use the perk to actually be able to escape once in a while when they actually survive till EGC. Then, if they improve their looping, they will no longer need to run DS. I think this change could largely benefit newer players and regulars like me who are still not good at looping. Thoughts?

Comments

  • @Deathslinger1of2 said:

    I agree that DS should not be deactivated in EGC. As someone who mains survivor and plays regularly but is not that good, it’s frustrating to almost never live to see the 5th gen pop and EGC. I love survivor, but I am absolutely terrible at looping/escaping chase. Being chased after unhook, I often go down very quickly. I think this perk should be altered to appeal to survivors who struggle with chase. If they severely decrease the amount of activation time of the perk, I think it could work very well. If you’re a seasoned survivor who can loop easily, why would you run DS? There is no benefit for seasoned survivors to run DS if they severely shorten DS’s activation time. What benefit would they have if they can loop and escape successfully? Could they even abuse it, being able to escape easily on their own and with such a shortened activation time? It would just waste a perk slot for them. Survivors who rarely make it to EGC and aren’t good loopers, like me, could use the perk to actually be able to escape once in a while when they actually survive till EGC. Then, if they improve their looping, they will no longer need to run DS. I think this change could largely benefit newer players and regulars like me who are still not good at looping. Thoughts?

    facts

  • @Deathslinger1of2 said:

    I agree that DS should not be deactivated in EGC. As someone who mains survivor and plays regularly but is not that good, it’s frustrating to almost never live to see the 5th gen pop and EGC. I love survivor, but I am absolutely terrible at looping/escaping chase. Being chased after unhook, I often go down very quickly. I think this perk should be altered to appeal to survivors who struggle with chase. If they severely decrease the amount of activation time of the perk, I think it could work very well. If you’re a seasoned survivor who can loop easily, why would you run DS? There is no benefit for seasoned survivors to run DS if they severely shorten DS’s activation time. What benefit would they have if they can loop and escape successfully? Could they even abuse it, being able to escape easily on their own and with such a shortened activation time? It would just waste a perk slot for them. Survivors who rarely make it to EGC and aren’t good loopers, like me, could use the perk to actually be able to escape once in a while when they actually survive till EGC. Then, if they improve their looping, they will no longer need to run DS. I think this change could largely benefit newer players and regulars like me who are still not good at looping. Thoughts?

    Is it really necessary to open a second thread WITH THE AAME TOPIC right after posting in the other one?

    @HungrySnek said:

    So, yesterday I had the same scenario a few times and it's absolutely stupid. I am playing a bloodpoint build because I want to hit the 2 Millionen Mark before the new Bloodweb Update goes life.

    So I bring Decisive Strike, Deliverance, Prove Thyself and Kindred

    The gens where completed pretty quickly since the killer chased one survivor for the whole match. So the end game starts and the survivor get's hooked, I trade with them since the killer Camps him. Then I get unhooked and.....Decisive Strike is deactivated because it's the endgame and I get tunneled again.

    I don't understand how this change is fair. So the survivors gets punished because the killer wasn't able to spread pressure or hook me before?

    Decisive Strike works only 1 time, is only activated for 60 seconds and deactivats itself anyway when you do a Action. Why this stupid "It's the end game so your perk is worthless" crap?

    Edit: Also, no. Many people have explained why DS is deactivating in EGC and why that is better.

  • You only get better at looping with practice. You won't get better at it by avoiding it and relying on a perk. DS should be deactivated in EGC because it creates a nearly unwinnable situation for a killer if a survivor still has it during the endgame. Many people have experienced this multiple times before it got changed. That being said, the current stun time that DS offers is far too low for a single-use perk. The current duration does not give the survivor enough time to escape any killer virtually. It should be reverted back to the 5 second stun time imo.

  • @Remedicist said:

    You only get better at looping with practice. You won't get better at it by avoiding it and relying on a perk. DS should be deactivated in EGC because it creates a nearly unwinnable situation for a killer if a survivor still has it during the endgame. Many people have experienced this multiple times before it got changed. That being said, the current stun time that DS offers is far too low for a single-use perk. The current duration does not give the survivor enough time to escape any killer virtually. It should be reverted back to the 5 second stun time imo.

    i still use it and i think it's fine when you go down near a pallet or window (which happens fairly often) but i agree, stun should be a bit longer. The reason why i use it is, it counters early hits right after unhooks (eg if the killer camps) which make For The Record and DH worthless.

  • No, it would be too good. People who are good at looping would still use it since a free escape (especially at the end) is always strong no matter the skill level.


    Back in the day DS was a guaranteed escape (not including old dead hard and old borrowed time as well). It was pointless to hook a survivor in the end. You'd hook a survivor, they'd get borrowed time, then the killer hits them but BT gives them am extra health state, you hit them again and they get downed, you pick them up but DS let's them run away, so you chase again and try to swing but dead hard gives them an extra health state essentially, so you have to hit them yet again. So best case scenario as killer you could get someone downed again after they are hooked with 4 more direct hits best case scenario.


    Killer was awful in those days because any survivors around by the time the last gen was done were pretty much guaranteed escapes. I suggest watching some old videos on gameplay to see why this doesn't work.


    Now if you want this to be for less experienced players I'd say that just means you need to practice. The more you play the better you get. Some good options to start learning to loop better is running windows of opportunity, dance with me, lithe, and quick & quiet.

  • It should deactivate in EGC, but it should have the stun time nerf reverted. Or at the very least have it increased to ~4 seconds so you get 3 seconds of actual distance on the killer (you spend ~1 second of it getting off their shoulder with no control of your character).

    Look at it this way: If you're alive by EGC, you either didn't get tunneled or you absolutely dabbed on the killer running them all game as they tried to tunnel you out, making it one of the games where tunneling really didn't work out at all for them. And it's supposed to be an anti-tunnel perk by BHVR's own words, so you know.

  • @Deathslinger1of2 said:

    I agree that DS should not be deactivated in EGC. As someone who mains survivor and plays regularly but is not that good, it’s frustrating to almost never live to see the 5th gen pop and EGC. I love survivor, but I am absolutely terrible at looping/escaping chase. Being chased after unhook, I often go down very quickly. I think this perk should be altered to appeal to survivors who struggle with chase. If they severely decrease the amount of activation time of the perk, I think it could work very well. If you’re a seasoned survivor who can loop easily, why would you run DS? There is no benefit for seasoned survivors to run DS if they severely shorten DS’s activation time. What benefit would they have if they can loop and escape successfully? Could they even abuse it, being able to escape easily on their own and with such a shortened activation time? It would just waste a perk slot for them. Survivors who rarely make it to EGC and aren’t good loopers, like me, could use the perk to actually be able to escape once in a while when they actually survive till EGC. Then, if they improve their looping, they will no longer need to run DS. I think this change could largely benefit newer players and regulars like me who are still not good at looping. Thoughts?

    it and otr should be active in endgame imo, i dont like that the killer gets rewarded in what is literally such a dirty way for losing hte gens. but killer should be buffed in someway not even just because of this but bc of a lot of things, like base slowdown should be better, exit gates could maybe take longer or regress, whatever. but just the idea of ds/otr deactivating in endgame is just stupid to me, and as long as bt, deliverance, bubba, oni, trickster, stbfl, iri head, and pinky finger exist theres no reason to go on about this "free escape" stuff, stop the gens and gates from getting done