When are we gonna see adjustments to high and low pickrate killers?
I live how we have this understandment within the community to adjust perks that are overused and not pick much. I would honestly like to see that with killers. Getting tired of seeing Wesker. I'd rather see twins and be slugged for 4 minutes than to see 5 weskers in a row. Thanks
Comments
The problem is that Wesker is a super fun killer, he talks back at survivors, hes also strong and easy to play and master, which basically makes him the best Killer in the game. All of the other Killers cannot compete. There is very little reason to play other killers as they are not nearly as fun to play.
bHVR would have to add a lot of work to other Killers to make them compete and I don't think bHVR can pull that off anytime soon.
As @Emeal hinted. Wesker is very well made killer. He is not super strong even. Just very cool. On the other gand you have twins - very strong killer in current state, but too clunky to be enjoyed by everyone. Or say Artist - super strong killer (top 5 in game) that almost nobody plays for her boring gameplay.
Meaning it's not about balance and tweaking things would not help (only make well made killers miserable to play). You actually need to address pain points of other killers without just outright buffing them until they are played enough (because that would create just OP boring killers). But fixing pain points of killers is hard thing and needs to be tackled individually.
But fixing pain points of killers is hard thing and needs to be tackled individually.
Pain Points is a good way of describing it, Like I have all the DLCs for dbd, but I don't play them all regularly. I think bHVR needs to add these questions to the Surveys asap;
Having a niche Killer is fine, but its a problem when there now are Killers that actually just appeals to most Killers.
Here is a list of my pain points with Killers I don't play very regularly.
Trapper: bad catchup, Power never seems relevant to my games = m1 killer.
Hillbill: Power is too mechanically complicated to enjoy, bumps into every little thing.
Nurse: very complicated power to use effectively, unpleasant to invest time to develop skill.
Shape: very old and outdated power
Hag: very slow and only defensive gameplay.
Doctor: very complicated to get value in loops
Freddy: Power is boring and very m1 killer
Pig: very hard to use lunge at loop, bad stealth and hard to see trap value.
Clown: not very strong, bottle switch too complicated in a pinch.
Ghostface: very hard to hide and get value with power
Oni: M1 killer until you get power which is hard to use.
Deathslinger: Power very hard to use and get value.
PH: Omg I hate his clunky power it feel so slow and I never get value.
Blight: Ping pong killer hard to learn, unpleasant to invest time to develop skill.
Twins: I could fall asleep while switching character.
Trickster: main event is bad and rarely gives me value.
Pinhead: Nailman is very hard to learn, unpleasant to invest time to develop skill.
Artist: Hard to hit with birds, hold w gameplay.
Dredge: idk why I dont play more Dredge, looping is hard.