Hatch
Has everyone experienced the killer dragging out the game when there are two survivors left with 0 chance to escape? I mean when the killer deliberately doesn't hang the third survivor to find the last one. In such a situation, I propose to return the closed hatch, but only for two survivors.
Comments
Well, if you need 4k and don't want to gamble, this is way to go. Simple as that
what is worse imo are two last survivors hiding, ignoring gens and hoping I am going to find other survivor first. I have been stuck in games like this several times. Record they had was almost 40 minutes of hiding. I was just watching anime and randomly running around map...
As a survivor, you are going to at least bleed out, so it will end quite soon.
We definetly don't need keys back or anything like that. That was so annoying time to play killer.
I agree entirely. Old hatch was busted and annoying. If a killer has a really close match where he was running hard to keep ahead and just managed to pull it out there is a very low chance of him giving hatch to last. I personally in this case will slug for the 4k. If it was a chill match where I didn't feel too pushed then I won't. But hiding survivors at the end is annoying. I understand why it's done and is just part of the game. Last two both want the escape so will throw each other under the bus to get it.
This happens if you give 0% chance for escape. This is reason why hatch exists in the game and why EGC was introduced at one point (to just naturally force the game into conclusion).
If there are 2 solo players, they are actually playing the game to maximize their chance of escape - as doing their objectives is death sentence, the best thing they CAN do is actually hide until the other one is found and killed (or bled out if killer decides to slug). The solution is to actually change the game so, that there is some (at least random) chance to escape when the game is doomed.
Like for example - say that hatch spawns for last 2 survivors, but only 1 can get out. Once this single survivor gets out, hatch closes and EGC starts (if killer finds it, EGC can start right away). Now it's about gate spawn/luck if last one can get out. I don't think this solution is the best one, because it artificially nerfs killer's kill rate (especially if killer found the hatch first) too much (too much RNG and possible escapes), but it's one of the things that would absolutely solve this issue.