A question on etiquette re: DCs

I had a game last evening as Sadako with 2 DCs the moment they saw me (so what else is new), when I saw the other 2 Survivors they crouched politely so I'm like, ok, you can go. I went afk to grab a drink while they did gens and left but .... I come back to find 1 gen left and them milling about together doing nothing.

So, I'm supposed to do what?

Comments

  • You can do whatever you want. If you want to farm with survivors over 2 DCs, go ahead. Personally I don't like farming games and rather just move on to the next game. So I'll just kill them or let someone go via hatch.

  • There is no consistent answer because different survivor players want different things when a DC happens. Some want you to kill them ASAP and just let them move on. Some think you should "farm" and try to get everyone lots of points. Some think you should just let them go hammer gens and GTFO. Some think you should do that but at the end, let the killer have the kills for being a good sport.

    You do what you want as the killer because you're almost certainly going to irk someone no matter what you do.

  • @shalo said:

    I had a game last evening as Sadako with 2 DCs the moment they saw me (so what else is new), when I saw the other 2 Survivors they crouched politely so I'm like, ok, you can go. I went afk to grab a drink while they did gens and left but .... I come back to find 1 gen left and them milling about together doing nothing.

    So, I'm supposed to do what?

    i usually try to kill all but one of the remaining survivors as quickly as possible and give last one hatch so everyone can move on to the next game as quickly as possible

  • Tbh it depends on how early the dc is, and how much I feel like it impacted the match. Multiple DCs within 2 minutes? Kill the others quickly to get the misery over with. Really good player DCs on first down/hook? Likely a big reason as to me winning so I'll play out as usual and give hatch at the end. Someone DCs on death hook? Makes literally no difference I'll just play as usual. Getting stomped pre-DC and that's all that saves the game? I'll feel bad and let them go, maybe farm a bit.

    But, that's just what I do based on my experience in the game on both sides and what I'd want most to happen to me. You do whatever you want, because there's no rules as to whatever you should do, and unlike other certain playstyles there's not even an argument for ruining fun, because farming is somehow less fun than sitting on gens all game/facecamping a survivor. Just go with whatever you feel like doing at the time

  • Most of the time I let the survivors choose what they want, if they want to do gens while I am afk that's fine. If they want me to put them on the hook, that's also fine. A lot of the times the survivors try and get me to farm hit/pallets with them but I just make them chose gens or die. Sometimes though a DC ruins my mood so much as killer I just end it regardless. This is all assuming an early dc/hook suicide.

  • I am usually a kill them or let them do gens if they want Killer, I do enough farming (grapes) IRL.

    What confused me this time is they did 4 gens and stopped.

  • They might have gotten enough bp and been waiting for you to come back and kill them in return

  • You do you !

    I like being friendly, so DCs are generally going to be farming for my part. If there's only one DC and the survivors are not discouraged, I'll try and 2-hook them all before becoming openly friendly.