If you could say something to your future solo Q teammates...

What would it be? For me, it's pretty simple:

1) Stop hovering around the hook if I'm camped. Go do gens and come trade before stage 2. If you stay crouched next to me for 45s and still let me go to stage 2, I'm probably cussing you out very loudly

2) Stop doing gens with me, go across the map and find your own gen. ESPECIALLY if neither of us has Prove, and we're on 4-5 gens left.

3) If you have a medkit and I unhook you, stop teabagging at me to heal you. Use your medkit.

4) If I have a medkit and you unhook me and I don't wave you on, I have charges. Stop following me around, go do gens.

5) If I'm getting tunneled, stop following me around. Either take hits when you see an opportunity, or go pressure gens. You're wasting time chasing the killer chasing me while I'm looping.

6) Whatever you do, DO NOT GO DOWN NEXT TO SOMEONE HOOKED. That means stop going for your dumb flashlight saves that you always miss.

7) If someone is injured, looping the killer next to you while you're on a gen, and you are healthy, and aren't on death hook, DO NOT GET OFF YOUR GEN AND CROUCH NEXT TO IT. The killer is obviously committed to the injured person. If they stay on them, you get free gen progress. If they don't and switch aggro to you, you're taking chase from someone who's injured.

8) Stop trying to 360. Number one, you suck at it. Number two, it doesn't work on most killers. Number three, you will waste 90% of your hit speedboost, and go down 5 seconds later and DC.

9) If I drop my medkit for you to heal up, GIVE IT BACK AFTERWARDS.

10) To the Bill that dropped a god pallet on me after I took a hit for him on death hook, I hope you stub your little toe on a coffee table.

Let's hear 'em.

Comments

  • If I walk over to you with a medkit, tap you for a second, then run away...pls look at the bottom right of your screen before you continue to stand there healing yourself.

  • drag chases away from the hook and not in circles around the hook.

  • Please don't body block for me. I am in a super safe area, I haven't been hooked, and I've already lasted longer in this one chase than all of yours combined. You can't last more than 5 seconds in chase and are one hook from death. All you're doing is wasting time. Please just do gens. Please don't follow me. Please don't block...

    Aaaaand you decided to body block and now you've DCed....

  • If the killer is Legion, Bubba, a decent Blight/Nurse, perma EWI3 Myers, or obviously running Lethal and downs someone in the first few moments of the trial, always expect at least one survivor on your team to DC/suicide out asap. There's no point in getting angry, that's just what's going to happen. Don't waste your time running across the map to heal/unhook, just stay on a gen or prep for your own go next.

    If by some divine intervention the DC doesn't happen or the survivor isn't on stage two of the hook within a few seconds, you can be pleasantly surprised.

  • Don't drop pallets if you suck at looping. Leave them for the others and myself.

    The amount of god pallet predrops or just people that drop pallets like crazy is astonishing.

  • If I'm being camped and you are going to try to rescue me, just do it or don't. Stop wasting time by standing around. The killer hasn't moved for 30 straight seconds, he's not going to start now.

  • on 3) and 4) that's already context dependent - and will be even more in the future with self-healing nerfs.

    3) If I got a medkit I usually want to keep it for a situation where I need a heal but no one else is there, e.g. to unhook, take chase, do a gen in a dead zone, am on death hook - plenty situations late game where you need a way to heal by yourself. I usually even have Leader so it's quicker. 4) More often than not I have We'll Make it and/or Desperate/Botany.


    So, I guess I wanna tell future SoloQ mates:

    If you see the we'll make it icon and the killer isn't already on their way back just let me reset you right then and there. It physically hurts me to see someone spend twice as much time (or in the future even longer) to waste their charges in a situation where they don't need to.

    If I frantically point at the gate when you got there right before me chances are I have Wake up and can open it way quicker - and can let others know where the gate is that's being opened in the process.

    If I frantically point at a locker if we spawn together chances are I have Distortion and the killer has Lethal. Me frantically pointing at a locker upon someone being hooked/unhooked means they have BBQ/Floods. Me pointing at a gen and then at a locker means Nowhere to Hide. (And I really wish there were widely known gesture-codes to communicate certain killer perks/add ons)

  • Commit to the gen if it is 95% or above. There's no reason to surrender ~30% gen progress or more to the killer when it's not necessary. If you are working on it with another surv and the Killer comes around, then whoever isn't in chase return to the Gen instead of running to the farthest side of the map because you are scared.

  • @Halloulle said:

    on 3) and 4) that's already context dependent - and will be even more in the future with self-healing nerfs.

    3) If I got a medkit I usually want to keep it for a situation where I need a heal but no one else is there, e.g. to unhook, take chase, do a gen in a dead zone, am on death hook - plenty situations late game where you need a way to heal by yourself. I usually even have Leader so it's quicker. 4) More often than not I have We'll Make it and/or Desperate/Botany.

    So, I guess I wanna tell future SoloQ mates:

    If you see the we'll make it icon and the killer isn't already on their way back just let me reset you right then and there. It physically hurts me to see someone spend twice as much time (or in the future even longer) to waste their charges in a situation where they don't need to.

    If I frantically point at the gate when you got there right before me chances are I have Wake up and can open it way quicker - and can let others know where the gate is that's being opened in the process.

    If I frantically point at a locker if we spawn together chances are I have Distortion and the killer has Lethal. Me frantically pointing at a locker upon someone being hooked/unhooked means they have BBQ/Floods. Me pointing at a gen and then at a locker means Nowhere to Hide. (And I really wish there were widely known gesture-codes to communicate certain killer perks/add ons)

    If you have WMI, altruistic healing is fine. But 98% of the time if you have a medkit, it's better to use it in the moment. Those 16s are huge for your team.

  • For the love of God stop booning and rescue me. Especially if it's a plague. Let me heal under hook I can heal you with we'll make it, stop running towards the boon. Stop moving your boons just randomly. Boons have gotten my team and myself killed more times than I can count. But I guess I won't have to worry anymore.

    Please look behind you in chase.

    And finally. Stop rescuing me when I am camped just for the love of God do gens and leave.

  • Tag yourself I'm 3)

  • @bunnyfengenthusiast said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3397817#Comment_3397817

    If you have WMI, altruistic healing is fine. But 98% of the time if you have a medkit, it's better to use it in the moment. Those 16s are huge for your team.

    oof, really depends on the situation. Sometimes it's actually just better to stay injured and not bother with healing until an opportune moment. - But generally my rule of thumb is rather; whenever you have no clue when you might next see a teamie and you're not under extreme pressure, it's better to reset to be able to take that hit when doing a gen in a deadzone/greeding a gen, to be able to stealth, go for an unhook - whatever might come up.

    Then again. I wouldn't usually expect soloQ teamies to even have all the contextual information they'd need to make that call. But that's also why I rather opt for Inner Healing if I really wanna be sure I have that heal available

  • 1. Stop tea bagging or flashlighting the locker I'm standing in whilst injured. I have INNER HEALING!

    2. If you're the last survivor and standing in the exit gate waiitng for the killer, just leave you pillock.