The update

I’ll start this bluntly. The upcoming update is literally the worst I’ve seen in a while. Most of my family plays dead by daylight and we all unanimously agree (even the killer mains) that this update is terrible. Survivor is going to be boring and pointless, and I’m predicting for there to be a humongous drop in players after this goes live. I’ve always been a large defender of this game because I love it. Yet after hearing what you guys are going to do with it, I don’t think I’ll be able to keep playing. The progression of making this game achieve greatness is going further and further back. Not in steps, but large jumps.


Edit: I’ve already said this in the comments but I’ll say it here so people see it. After reading all of the comments my opinion on it has changed. Yet, the COH nerf still makes zero sense to me. It was fine. Sure it sucked for killers, but unlike what many are saying it isn’t “uncounterable”. I still believe that the flashlights didn’t need an update. Billy nerf? Just why? Who asked for this?

Comments

  • @Styrix said:

    Some people have changed my view by a slight bit. I just wanna address something. I liked how Dead by daylights been. I’ve honestly had the most fun ever within the past few months. Sure, there has been times where it seems like the mechanics are a bit off, but I still loved it. I didn’t mind slow gens. I do not speak for anyone else but I feel that they were perfectly fine. I honestly didn’t even mind the new chapter.

    I keep seeing killers on here saying things like, “DH was absolutely no fun gameplay.” It is so easy to counter. Sure they get distance, but in most situations just swing. It makes visibility awful, so survivors often mess up.

    “DH was absolutely no fun gameplay.” It is so easy to counter.

    Countering DH is not fun. Especially when you've been doing it for years. That's the problem.

  • @Styrix said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3384383#Comment_3384383

    Dead hard didn’t need another nerf. Killer mains complained it used no skill. They then fixed it to where it needs skill and people complain.

    Healing takes a 3rd as long as a gen? Might as well stay half dead the whole game.

    Circle of healing? Hopefully you brought a medkit or your teammates actually do teamwork.

    Pain res is practically useless at this point.

    A thing that has always been in the game and is simply counterable by a single perk is getting removed.

    Who asked for the billy nerf? The devs 100% only read like one thing that complained about Billy and decided to nerf him.

    New DH never needed skill unless it was against a 48 m/s hatchet huntress. Its still just a gamble if someone's riding your back or are nurse/blight and is basically free against M2's. Whatever "skill" it requires now is very little.

  • One of the best updates we've ever had

    The only icky thing is the overall healing time increase (instead of just self healing time) which should be looked into already, but overall 9/10 update. Would rather see more patches like this than horrible new chapters every 3 months (please stop)

  • @MonsterDilf said:

    Im right there with you.

    The coming update is completely hot garbage. These decisions make no sense to the playerbase and the devs, as usual, refuse to take the L for when they make a bad decision.

    Nerfing Billy - Who exactly asked for this? The Overheat mechanic is ludicrous and no one likes it. But you're going to nerf his add-ons, the VERY thing people use to have fun with him? Some milquetoast, khaki pants wearing pencil pusher who unironically enjoys NFTs probably read a spreadsheet and made this insipid decision.

    Healing nerfs are only going to make SoloQ even harder for casual players: the Circle of Healing Nerf makes 0 sense in the end, but, please refer to the description above.

    Scourge? Why even have it at this point?

    Deadhard's nerf is AGAIN only going to encourage tunneling, the developers favorite strategy (that everyone basically hates or at best tolerates.)

    Oni's add-ons, which no one uses, were touched. Why? Who asked? No one did.

    Incentivized MORE camping/tunneling to the point it's just boring.

    What's that? No new mechanics? No new THINGS to do? Sure sounds to me like they just desperately needed to punctuate the pipeline with a "look, we're doing stuff," update. Honestly, I'm beginning to really think it is just leadership in the team as to why things are going south so continuously. Where are the community manager's taking notes? Where are any of them?

    Just hiding behind desks, not interacting with the community. What's the point of being a developer/manager if you don't do any of these things in a meaningful way?

    Agree with every point you make.


    @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3384284#Comment_3384284

    If they revert all of the gen regression perk nerfs, I would be fine with this.

    You can't give survivors faster gens without making them slower at something else, unless you just want to be able to gen rush and 4-out every match.

    Why did we not have toolbox reform at the same time as medkit reform?

    Why did the gen rush perks not get 70-75% nerfs?

    Why are we allowing Hyperfocus to potentially finish a generator in 35-40 seconds? Should we add a killer perk that lets the killer remove two of your hook states in 30 seconds? Obviously neither of those things should be part of the game.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3384245#Comment_3384245

    Agree with every point you make.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3384291#Comment_3384291

    Why did we not have toolbox reform at the same time as medkit reform?

    Why did the gen rush perks not get 70-75% nerfs?

    Why are we allowing Hyperfocus to potentially finish a generator in 35-40 seconds? Should we add a killer perk that lets the killer remove two of your hook states in 30 seconds? Obviously neither of those things should be part of the game.

    Why did we not have toolbox reform at the same time as medkit reform?

    Why did the gen rush perks not get 70-75% nerfs?

    Why are we allowing Hyperfocus to potentially finish a generator in 35-40 seconds? Should we add a killer perk that lets the killer remove two of your hook states in 30 seconds? Obviously neither of those things should be part of the game.

    I think the thought process is that if survivors are kept busy healing for longer, the gens won't go as fast. This is true if the survivors actually heal. If they stack resilience, PT, hyperfocus, and toolboxes then the healing nerf doesn't really matter in terms of gen speed, though chases would be shorter as survivors spend more time injured.

    We'll have to see how it all pans out on the PTB. Nerfing toolboxes / gen repair perks in addition might be a bit too much all at once.

    Ideally I would have liked to see a slightly less severe healing nerf combined with a nerf to gen repair speed tools and perks.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3385227#Comment_3385227

    Why did we not have toolbox reform at the same time as medkit reform?

    Why did the gen rush perks not get 70-75% nerfs?

    Why are we allowing Hyperfocus to potentially finish a generator in 35-40 seconds? Should we add a killer perk that lets the killer remove two of your hook states in 30 seconds? Obviously neither of those things should be part of the game.

    I think the thought process is that if survivors are kept busy healing for longer, the gens won't go as fast. This is true if the survivors actually heal. If they stack resilience, PT, hyperfocus, and toolboxes then the healing nerf doesn't really matter in terms of gen speed, though chases would be shorter as survivors spend more time injured.

    We'll have to see how it all pans out on the PTB. Nerfing toolboxes / gen repair perks in addition might be a bit too much all at once.

    Ideally I would have liked to see a slightly less severe healing nerf combined with a nerf to gen repair speed tools and perks.

    The bottom line here is that there is no world in which is it ok for survivors to have a 35 second generator unless the killer can turn what would be normally 90 seconds on hook into 35 seconds. You have to say both are ok or neither is ok.

    Can you imagine a killer perk that said : the first person hooked immediately goes to the second hook state? Lol. That is literally what Hyperfocus allows right now. Yea that's really fun to use as a survivor but it's not fun to play against as killer. That violates the rule of "fair play".

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I had my doubts at first but the more i think about it the more i think this is the best update we will have in years.

    Shiften the power to slow the game down from perks to heal speeds that is in the base game means killers will finally be able to play without gen defence perks and not feel handicapped

    This basekit slowdown also only applies if you actually spread injuries. For tunnelers the game will be harder cause they won't have as strong gen perks to back it up. Meaning tunneling might very well not be the optimal way to play anymore

    This update is exactly what the community asked for but they are to blind to see it

    exactly this...the killer needs to spread pressure since they cant rely on gen defense perks like before. all it takes is for the killer to try to tunnel the wrong person and the rest of the team just gen rushes and gets out

1 2 ›