Will Upcoming Healing Changes Make Pharmacy More Popular
With medkits being nerfed across the board, other healing related perks will likely become more popular. I think that Pharmacy has a chance to become more popular. A survivor could get one self heal from a medkit they bring in, and then use pharmacy to guarantee they get another heal from a medkit.
Personally, I could see Pharmacy become one of the most popular healing perks after this patch. I think it's main competitor would be inner healing, but it does require cleansing totems, thus competing with boon perks. I think the main question there is how popular will boons be as a whole after the CoH nerfs.
I could also see Botany Knowledge, We'll Make It and Autodidact becoming more popular, with autodidact potentially being in the running for most popular healing perk.
Renewal could become more popular, but getting it to activate may become more difficult with increased healing times.
I do not see Reactive Healing or Self Care becoming more popular.
What do you think will be the future meta choice for healing perks?
Comments
I think the game will just revert back to the 2018 meta.
Pharmacy wasn't meta then, it won't be meta now I don't think.
We'll Make It will be very popular though.
I don’t think so, because Pharmacy is actually going to be indirectly nerfed by the medkit nerfs. The time it takes to open a chest and heal with Pharmacy is going to be almost twice as long as it currently is, since using a green medkit will be much slower now.
I actually really like Pharmacy in its current state, but idk if I’ll use it much anymore after the midchapter.
Personally i don't see pharmacy, we'll make it or botany knowledge becoming used, i actually think circle of healing is still going to be used.
Pharmacy right now is very unreliable, you need to be injured to get the medkit and other survivors can loot chests before you. With this update emergency medkits are nerfed, it no longer has self healing buff.
We'll make it is not suitable in solo q because you can't co-ordinate unhooks.
Botany knowledge has the medkit efficiency penalty, this will mean that if you choose to run this perk then your medkit will only be able to heal yourself once.
Circle of healing will still be able to be used as it is now. When everyone is injured they can group up at the boon and reset. Overzealous could be used as well with it because of it's buff.
I also think inner strength might see a comeback because now it is much faster relatively compared to other healing options.
So yeah i predict that the healing go-to's will be a Camping aid kit with double charge add-ons (because altruistic healing speed is not really appealing) and circle of healing with overzealous or inner strength.
Think Resurgance will be used?
It does save 12 seconds, 15 vs mangled
And it doubles your medkit in a way
Only real downside i can see is sloppy being popular and hemorrhage messing it up
I think we'll go back to older metas where people tend to run things like inner healing. The "meta" survivor builds will probably be something like:
For SWF:
Dedicated Healer
Everyone else:
For solo queue:
or if everyone is running inner healing and you can't get totems, it'll be:
People forget that, the way this game works, If you need to heal yourself more than once or twice, or get healed more than 3 or 4 times, you probably already lost the game and are doing it wrong and should just be on gens.
Pharmacy, probably will be even less popular.
Now that the green med kit got nerfed.
Niche perk gets weaker.
No, the Medkit changes will cause Pharmacy's time to heal to effectively double. The perk will end up being significantly worse and it's barely used currently.
Pharmacy is getting nerfed significantly.
Inner Healing will be the only good healing perk, good luck fighting over totems, and second place will be We'll Make It.
I'd sure be very salty if We'll Make It becomes
necessarypopular enough that they nerf it.I'm expecting a no heal meta.
I believe pharmacy would be a better choice to run imo. Because if perks like inner healing rise, so will haunted grounds/thrill of the hunt etc that arent used much right now.