I've been waiting for this update for so long, thanks BHVR!

The game FINALLY looks balanced for good players. 

Hit matters now, no more "ha ha, is that a hit? Well, I'm going to take a quick heal for the 183rd time per game."

The two biggest problems were solved: CoH and DH.

And even survivor mains will cry that this perk is dead, in a couple of months you will still see it in every match, because it's still a good perk. Botany do the same? Yeah, take 4 perks instead 1, go ahead. Thank you BHVR that hit and run killers can play this game again. It was the unhealthiest perk in the whole game.

DH FINALLY LOOKS FAIR MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

So looping finally makes sense too? Now you can't be greedy with a palette and just fix everything with a third life? Or you can't just use free speed burst against abilities of every second killer in the game? DON'T YOU NEED TO BREATHE IN THE BACK OF THEIR HEAD FOR 5-10 SECONDS EVERY CHASE? I hope, this is not a dream?

The killers now don't have any good perks for regress at all, but it looks good at the background of the fact that healing now also takes quite a long time. I think genrush vs slowdown meta is coming.

Oh, and yes, is now a single flashlight no more stronger than whole power of some killers? I can't believe you finally decided to do this

To be honest, I expected that in a year you would find time to improve more than 7 perks that really deserve it. For example, selfcare now does not make sense at all. And dying light requires removing the obsession condition for a very, very long time. You can continue for a long time there. Hope you consider more perks before patch comes out.

And nerf Billy's addons instead of Alc Ring and Tombstone Piece is kinda stupid i should say. At least give this boy some speed as basekit.

But I am glad that the developers have stopped being noob-sided and have finally taken a step towards a balance where survivors must survive and fight for life, and not exist mindless on a map surrounded by millions of second chances. I said this like a player who play survivor way more than killer last half of year, if u gonna say "oh you just killer main, of course". Every match where every survivors at least not bad at the game, is too easy to win, especially on new maps. Btw, this is the next biggest problem in the game, but i'm glad to see BHVR moving forward there too. Borgo and Garden of Joy shouldn't exist in current state.

Comments

  • dh isnt balanced its trash, its barely going to get usage and now sprint burst will be in every single loadout.

  • Things I want to say after ptb:

    • Healing changes were absolutely necessary, but 24 seconds is too much. The ideal solution would be to reduce healing to 20 seconds. Not too much, as it is now on the ptb, not too little, so that injure survivor do not make any sense, as it is now on the main version. So many healing perks on both sides now look worth, which only confirms that healing was broken.
    • Haemorrhage and Mangled status effects should be more gentle and be SLIGHTLY nerfeded.
    • CoH still a decent perk. (Survivor mains please keep breathing, you need time to realize this). And it's completely fair now FINALLY.
    • The killers' perks were destroyed to a state of utter uselessness. With a 24-second healing it looked fair, but I'm sure you won't leave healing in this state. So leave 20 seconds of healing and bring the killer perks to an average state between the main version and the current ptb.
    • I saw absolutely no sense in Billy's changes. Leave him alone, or better buff. And yes, he can now charge the saw for 70 seconds before overheat to facecamp, why? Alc Ring needs changes, not Engravings.
    • I'm still sure that in a whole year you could find time to change more than 7 perks. A huge number of perks have been asking for change for years and the community often tells you about them.

    Otherwise this is the best PTB that has been in a very long time. This is not only my opinion, but also friends with whom we played on ptb. Even a survivor main friend who plays the game from beta (6k hours) agree with these changes.

  • @fussy said:

    Things I want to say after ptb:

    • Healing changes were absolutely necessary, but 24 seconds is too much. The ideal solution would be to reduce healing to 20 seconds. Not too much, as it is now on the ptb, not too little, so that injure survivor do not make any sense, as it is now on the main version. So many healing perks on both sides now look worth, which only confirms that healing was broken.
    • Haemorrhage and Mangled status effects should be more gentle and be SLIGHTLY nerfeded.
    • CoH still a decent perk. (Survivor mains please keep breathing, you need time to realize this). And it's completely fair now FINALLY.
    • The killers' perks were destroyed to a state of utter uselessness. With a 24-second healing it looked fair, but I'm sure you won't leave healing in this state. So leave 20 seconds of healing and bring the killer perks to an average state between the main version and the current ptb.
    • I saw absolutely no sense in Billy's changes. Leave him alone, or better buff. And yes, he can now charge the saw for 70 seconds before overheat to facecamp, why? Alc Ring needs changes, not Engravings.
    • I'm still sure that in a whole year you could find time to change more than 7 perks. A huge number of perks have been asking for change for years and the community often tells you about them.

    Otherwise this is the best PTB that has been in a very long time. This is not only my opinion, but also friends with whom we played on ptb. Even a survivor main friend who plays the game from beta (6k hours) agree with these changes.

    Just forgot about these things:

    • Updated Autoheaven maps are broken. There are too many pallets now. It's like 50-70% more loops and pallets than there was before update. It's ridiculous to see 6 pallets in 10 meters around you. Reduce the amount and it will be good rework i would say.
    • I'm happy to DH nerf, imagine swing without fear on killer. Worst part about it: it still a decent perk since killer will not wait for it. It must be destroyed completely as other killer's perks, to one successful usage per match. And even with this change it could be strong perk, because i had a plenty games on both sides where one dh turned game around. But at least we are there now, thanks.
    • Do you guys understand that Overzealous + Resilience is 19% to gen repair and 29% with hex? Do i need to say it's super silly?
  • I agree as well. I’d rather keep the gen regression perks in their nerfed state and keep the healing at 24 seconds though. I like the move away from having gen regression required.

    One of the best patches they’ve had in a while. Unfortunately they’re going to listen to the casual player complaining instead of improving and revert a good bit of the healing changes I expect. Hope I’m wrong.

    Overall they did a great job this patch though. I like the direction they’re heading.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I agree as well. I’d rather keep the gen regression perks in their nerfed state and keep the healing at 24 seconds though. I like the move away from having gen regression required.

    One of the best patches they’ve had in a while. Unfortunately they’re going to listen to the casual player complaining instead of improving and revert a good bit of the healing changes I expect. Hope I’m wrong.

    Overall they did a great job this patch though. I like the direction they’re heading.

    I agree! The sad part about trying to balance a competitive game with one mode is that you always have to choose between casual players or good and experienced players. And I think it's right to make a choice in favor of good players, because anyhow the player base learns and gets better over time.

    But personally i prefer 20 sec healing and not completely useless regression perks. Something on average what we have now on ptb