Anniversary chapter

I want to discuss on the next chapter possibilities, because this year, started very bad with Skull merchant, can resurrect if they bring an icon into the game as an anniversary chapter. In my opinion, these are the licenses that are most likely to be chapter 28

FNAF

So, since the release of DBD lots of fan are asking for Springtrap to be in the game, and what good time would it be if not this anniversary? So, this year the fnaf security breach dlc is released, also the fnaf movie is released this year. What better time to release the fnaf chapter with Springtrap now? Let's add that this year is also the year of the rabbit, and Sprintrap (the character that fans are clamoring for) is an animatronic in the shape of a rabbit, so I'd say that fnaf this year has very good chances to be a chapter in dbd. My guess, which probably has nothing to do with it, is that the Skull Merchant chapter is an almost futuristic chapter, and many were disappointed because the Skull Merchant is not a cyborg. Maybe devs want to give a hint that the next chapter will be more "futuristic" (even if fnaf is kind of set in the 80s but whatever) and there will actually be a robot as a killer.

PREDATOR

I see a pattern. When legion came out, fans were very disappointed for a variety of reasons. However, a few months later Ghostface came out and Legion was a kind of "anticipation" to Ghostface. As many interpreted Skull Merchant as "ah bhvr wanted Predator but couldn't get license/collab fell through". The Skull Merchant could be a hint that Predator will be the next killer.

ALIEN

I don't know why (and if someone wants to enlighten me he/she would do me a favor), but this year many are convinced that Alien will be the anniversary chapter. I want to remind everyone that the ex developer's 4chan "leak" that came out a month or two ago was fake, so it's not official yet that Alien will be coming to dbd. Despite this, bhvr maybe seeing how much the fans are clamoring for it could also consider the collaboration. Still, as much as I'd love to see Alien in dbd, I don't see a Xenomorph hooking people up instead of brutally killing them as soon as they find them. I thought the same thing about the Demogorgon, it doesn't suit a predator to hook people instead of tearing them to pieces directly

RESIDENT EVIL

There's no two without three. After Nemesis and Wesker, maybe another Resident Evil character will appear in dbd. Honestly, as much as I would like to see Heisenberg in dbd, probably the next chapter of Resident Evil (If there will be) will be Lady Dimitrescu, who honestly being a vampire, not bad. Indeed, many players have been waiting for a vampire/werewolf killer for years, and why not Lady Dimitrescu? An iconic character + a kind of killer expected for years. SPOLIER ALERT (If you didn't play Residen Evil Village do not read this part and continue with the next paragraph): when you encount Lady Dimistrescu in her castle for the first time, she hook Ethan Winters. So it would also look good on dbd since, as we can guess, she is used to hooking people since she asked her daughters to hook Ethan, as if it were a habit.

ORIGINAL

After the last few original chapters, the last thing I hope is to see an original chapter and not a licensed one. The Dredge, the knight and the Skull Merchant have all been mediocre killers (The Dredge because it's yet another m1, the other two because they are boring to face, and also to play in my opinion, especially the skull merchant since she's an m1 and she also has a power useful only to make games last an eternity by trigenning the survs).

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376894#Comment_3376894

    It's a children's game.

    It attracts some of the worst people. When there was even a possibility that the next chapter was FNAF, the Forums and Reddit were flooded with spam posts and if you disagreed, woah boy get ready for some absolutely toxic vitriol.

    The creator.

    One last thing, bro seriously you complain about "some of the worst people"? Don't get me wrong, but have you seen what community we are in? DBD has one of the most toxic communities I've ever seen, second only to lol I think

  • @illNicola said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376907#Comment_3376907

    One last thing, bro seriously you complain about "some of the worst people"? Don't get me wrong, but have you seen what community we are in? DBD has one of the most toxic communities I've ever seen, second only to lol I think

    Somehow, FNAF is actually worse. Probably because a lot of it is made up of children.

    I will absolutely not budge on this either, they did it to themselves. The fans of FNAF pretty much killed any goodwill the community had towards them back during the Pinhead teasers I think.

    If it comes to the game, I and many others will quit since BHVR would clearly be morally bankrupt. After all their support of the LGBTQ+ community, they'd support FNAF? Yeah, that would be a HUGE slap in the face. I HOPE they'd never do that, but they went in with NFT's too so, you never know.

  • @Caiman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376894#Comment_3376894

    The animatronics are nowhere near scary when you take them out of dark dingy corridors seen through grainy security cameras and instead put them in an environment where they can't just jumpscare you.

    DBD isn't a horror game. Or rather, it's not scary at all. It's scary only when you face killer's like Ghostface, but the rest of the game isn't scary at all. If you know only the "base" animatronics (Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy) ok, they aren't scary, but Springtrap, in my opinion, is one of the best and yet scary design ever made.

    And if a fnaf chapter ever come to dbd, it should work around the jumpscare mechanic. Maybe a stealth killer like Wraith, that can jumpscare survs and oneshot them with a dash. Something like this

  • @jinx3d said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3375984#Comment_3375984

    what exactly is more important than fnaf that would actually be viable in dbd? alien,not really, predator and terminator are more action than horror, devs already said chucky isnt happening, i dont see terrifier or any stephen king properties happening, conjuring, m3gan and insidious are too modern to be "important", am i missing something? fnaf's impact on horror in gaming is massive, and whether that impact was good or bad in your eyes, you cant deny its huge

    The Conjuring came out before FNAF so it'd be just as modern.

    I'm not too confident in a Conjuring chapter but I'd honestly love to see The Nun as a killer.

  • I was neutral on it to begin with, but the FNAF fans ruined Pinheads chapter imo. Pinhead is a massive horror icon yet they absolutely flooded the official posts and release info with negativity. Just because they'd fooled themselves into thinking the hints - which included a literal *scene* from Hellraiser - were about FNAF. They accused the devs of intentionally leading them on, when everyone and their mum picked up that it was a Hellraiser chapter from the first hint. Like we just got PINHEAD and they're angry. I understood then why so many people were against a FNAF chapter and against drawing the fanbase over. The sad thing is, from a business perspective, they'd be perfect to cater to.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376894#Comment_3376894

    I was neutral on it to begin with, but the FNAF fans ruined Pinheads chapter imo. Pinhead is a massive horror icon yet they absolutely flooded the official posts and release info with negativity. Just because they'd fooled themselves into thinking the hints - which included a literal *scene* from Hellraiser - were about FNAF. They accused the devs of intentionally leading them on, when everyone and their mum picked up that it was a Hellraiser chapter from the first hint. Like we just got PINHEAD and they're angry. I understood then why so many people were against a FNAF chapter and against drawing the fanbase over. The sad thing is, from a business perspective, they'd be perfect to cater to.

    I remember this. I haven't seen hellraiser so I don't remember if I thought it was FNAF as well. I don't see why fnaf fans ruined hellraiser. They were just sad that their favorite game didn't make it into dbd. Obviously, like any community, there are dickheads who write bullshit, but as it exists on dbd it exists everywhere.

    I want to ask you something though. In your opinion, is it right that a possible fantastic chapter, with a killer who can really have a unique power with many possibilities to be strong, be rejected by the dbd community just because some people are pissed at the community from which the chapter comes?

    In my opinion not, and above all because this community is already very toxic, so going to say "I don't want FNAF because they "ruined" (which ruined is a big word) hellraiser" or "I don't want FNAF because their community is toxic/full of children (not to think that there aren't children playing on dbd eh)" it doesn't make sense.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376894#Comment_3376894

    I don't hate FNAF it has its fans & its audience I just have less than zero interest in it being part of dbd.

    Especially in place of other true "horror" icons that could / should be in first.

    I don't believe it would bring a mass influx of players nor retain the vast majority of anyone who did give it a try & I can see nothing but post after post on here about why it's either the best or worst chapter ever. Sure you could argue that about most chapters but it would be just turn into yet another us vs them (FNAF fans vs non fans) day after day.

    Like I said I want Chucky, a lot of people want Chucky, will we get Chucky? Probably someday & hey a lot of people will hate him too, he'll be too small, too fast, too weak, too strong (okay probably not) its all subjective opinion.

    Honestly if something comes out & you like it great doesn't matter if you're in the majority or the minority of the player base.

    Demogorgon is in dbd, and people still want stranger things back, and stranger things isn't a horror series. Shall we talk about the original chapters then? Does the trickster look scary to you? A shirtless kpop singer who throws knives (and also sucks as killer). So if we want to talk about things that clash next to horror icons, well they are already there.

    You don't believe it would bring a mass influx of player, and you're wrong about this. FNAF hasn't an online game, so fans who see that they can play as Springtrap in a game will be drawn to try dbd and if Springtrap is cool maybe try the Huntress, then try another killer, another one, play surv and so on. It's a spinning wheel, if one likes the concept of the game sooner or later they get to try other characters. Now consider how many fans FNAF has, that's it. Hundreds of new players would come, as has happened with every licensed chapter.

  • I really just dont understand the hate Scott still gets. At the time, yeah, it stung really bad. But he apologized, gave us a rather decent explanation, and somewhat gave the series to Steelwool. As an LGBT person, I can forgive Scott for what he did. He's donated to the Trevor project and other amazing charities, which in my opinion outweighs what he got doxxed over.

    Relating for the chapter, I just cant see Springtrap running around Badham chasing an e-girl wearing bunny ears. Maybe if it was actually just William as a human, I could get behind it.

  • @illNicola said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3377179#Comment_3377179

    I remember this. I haven't seen hellraiser so I don't remember if I thought it was FNAF as well. I don't see why fnaf fans ruined hellraiser. They were just sad that their favorite game didn't make it into dbd. Obviously, like any community, there are dickheads who write bullshit, but as it exists on dbd it exists everywhere.

    I want to ask you something though. In your opinion, is it right that a possible fantastic chapter, with a killer who can really have a unique power with many possibilities to be strong, be rejected by the dbd community just because some people are pissed at the community from which the chapter comes?

    In my opinion not, and above all because this community is already very toxic, so going to say "I don't want FNAF because they "ruined" (which ruined is a big word) hellraiser" or "I don't want FNAF because their community is toxic/full of children (not to think that there aren't children playing on dbd eh)" it doesn't make sense.

    It got bad enough that the subreddit for DBD literally BANNED any mention of FNAF.

    Their fandom is somehow more toxic than DBD. It seems to be made up of children and adults who act like children, for the most part.


    Ultimately, FNAF won't work in DBD. It was an almost unique horror game in 2014, but it really only has some cheap jumpscares going for it. There's very little substance to the game and it simply won't translate well.

    So yes, I'm all for denying that toxic community a way in.

  • @illNicola said:

    I want to discuss on the next chapter possibilities, because this year, started very bad with Skull merchant, can resurrect if they bring an icon into the game as an anniversary chapter. In my opinion, these are the licenses that are most likely to be chapter 28

    FNAF

    So, since the release of DBD lots of fan are asking for Springtrap to be in the game, and what good time would it be if not this anniversary? So, this year the fnaf security breach dlc is released, also the fnaf movie is released this year. What better time to release the fnaf chapter with Springtrap now? Let's add that this year is also the year of the rabbit, and Sprintrap (the character that fans are clamoring for) is an animatronic in the shape of a rabbit, so I'd say that fnaf this year has very good chances to be a chapter in dbd. My guess, which probably has nothing to do with it, is that the Skull Merchant chapter is an almost futuristic chapter, and many were disappointed because the Skull Merchant is not a cyborg. Maybe devs want to give a hint that the next chapter will be more "futuristic" (even if fnaf is kind of set in the 80s but whatever) and there will actually be a robot as a killer.

    PREDATOR

    I see a pattern. When legion came out, fans were very disappointed for a variety of reasons. However, a few months later Ghostface came out and Legion was a kind of "anticipation" to Ghostface. As many interpreted Skull Merchant as "ah bhvr wanted Predator but couldn't get license/collab fell through". The Skull Merchant could be a hint that Predator will be the next killer.

    ALIEN

    I don't know why (and if someone wants to enlighten me he/she would do me a favor), but this year many are convinced that Alien will be the anniversary chapter. I want to remind everyone that the ex developer's 4chan "leak" that came out a month or two ago was fake, so it's not official yet that Alien will be coming to dbd. Despite this, bhvr maybe seeing how much the fans are clamoring for it could also consider the collaboration. Still, as much as I'd love to see Alien in dbd, I don't see a Xenomorph hooking people up instead of brutally killing them as soon as they find them. I thought the same thing about the Demogorgon, it doesn't suit a predator to hook people instead of tearing them to pieces directly

    RESIDENT EVIL

    There's no two without three. After Nemesis and Wesker, maybe another Resident Evil character will appear in dbd. Honestly, as much as I would like to see Heisenberg in dbd, probably the next chapter of Resident Evil (If there will be) will be Lady Dimitrescu, who honestly being a vampire, not bad. Indeed, many players have been waiting for a vampire/werewolf killer for years, and why not Lady Dimitrescu? An iconic character + a kind of killer expected for years. SPOLIER ALERT (If you didn't play Residen Evil Village do not read this part and continue with the next paragraph): when you encount Lady Dimistrescu in her castle for the first time, she hook Ethan Winters. So it would also look good on dbd since, as we can guess, she is used to hooking people since she asked her daughters to hook Ethan, as if it were a habit.

    ORIGINAL

    After the last few original chapters, the last thing I hope is to see an original chapter and not a licensed one. The Dredge, the knight and the Skull Merchant have all been mediocre killers (The Dredge because it's yet another m1, the other two because they are boring to face, and also to play in my opinion, especially the skull merchant since she's an m1 and she also has a power useful only to make games last an eternity by trigenning the survs).

    i feel like fnaf could have a halloween event for the nightmare characters and would go out with a big big bang

  • Honestly I will be more than happy for a massive health/rebalance chapter.

  • @illNicola said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3377179#Comment_3377179

    I remember this. I haven't seen hellraiser so I don't remember if I thought it was FNAF as well. I don't see why fnaf fans ruined hellraiser. They were just sad that their favorite game didn't make it into dbd. Obviously, like any community, there are dickheads who write bullshit, but as it exists on dbd it exists everywhere.

    I want to ask you something though. In your opinion, is it right that a possible fantastic chapter, with a killer who can really have a unique power with many possibilities to be strong, be rejected by the dbd community just because some people are pissed at the community from which the chapter comes?

    In my opinion not, and above all because this community is already very toxic, so going to say "I don't want FNAF because they "ruined" (which ruined is a big word) hellraiser" or "I don't want FNAF because their community is toxic/full of children (not to think that there aren't children playing on dbd eh)" it doesn't make sense.

    If "ruined" is too strong a word for you, then I suppose "took the wind out of the sails" is more appropriate? Regardless, they were spamming everything to do with the chapter on social media and picking fights. It was my first introduction to the fanbase, and I can see why people say they aren't keen to deal with them.

    And I would disagree with the possibility of it being a fantastic chapter. But that just comes down to personal preference. My 6 and 8 year olds play it and it's jumpscare robot animals.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I want chucky & only really Chucky, Jason will be cool too but I'm not particularly interested in using him.

    What I actually expect is Stranger things

    With the return of steve, nancy & demo +

    Vecna, Robin & probably Hopper or eddie (preferably Hopper)

    I also never want to see FNAF nor do I believe Predator will happen any time soon or Skull merchant probably wouldn't be here right now (though Predator should naturally be much stonger, cloaked & probably have a ranged laser attack 🤷🏻‍♂️)

    Don't see Alien ever happening

    You see Chucky happening but not Alien? You do you I guess.

  • @That_One_Friend said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376894#Comment_3376894

    I really just dont understand the hate Scott still gets. At the time, yeah, it stung really bad. But he apologized, gave us a rather decent explanation, and somewhat gave the series to Steelwool. As an LGBT person, I can forgive Scott for what he did. He's donated to the Trevor project and other amazing charities, which in my opinion outweighs what he got doxxed over.

    Relating for the chapter, I just cant see Springtrap running around Badham chasing an e-girl wearing bunny ears. Maybe if it was actually just William as a human, I could get behind it.

    Agreed on both points. The only way I see FNAF working at all is just a skin for Ghost Face that puts him in a bunny costume so you can pretend to be William Afton. Or get one of the Robbie costumes for Legion and pretend it's from FNAF instead of Silent Hill.

    Though I have to admit, if they could somehow make a map out of a crappy children's pizzeria, that could be fun. You can have the animatronics spawn in random places on the map every match and act creepy. The only issue is size, pizzeria's aren't that big.

  • @09SHARKBOSS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/368629/anniversary-chapter

    i feel like fnaf could have a halloween event for the nightmare characters and would go out with a big big bang

    It doesn't make sense because we already have a "Nightmare" killer: Freddy Krueger.

  • @That_One_Friend said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376894#Comment_3376894

    I really just dont understand the hate Scott still gets. At the time, yeah, it stung really bad. But he apologized, gave us a rather decent explanation, and somewhat gave the series to Steelwool. As an LGBT person, I can forgive Scott for what he did. He's donated to the Trevor project and other amazing charities, which in my opinion outweighs what he got doxxed over.

    Relating for the chapter, I just cant see Springtrap running around Badham chasing an e-girl wearing bunny ears. Maybe if it was actually just William as a human, I could get behind it.

    For the last part: I can't see Myers chasing an e-girl in a bunny suit either, yet it happens

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3377391#Comment_3377391

    It got bad enough that the subreddit for DBD literally BANNED any mention of FNAF.

    Their fandom is somehow more toxic than DBD. It seems to be made up of children and adults who act like children, for the most part.

    Ultimately, FNAF won't work in DBD. It was an almost unique horror game in 2014, but it really only has some cheap jumpscares going for it. There's very little substance to the game and it simply won't translate well.

    So yes, I'm all for denying that toxic community a way in.

    Fnaf luckily evolved, in fnaf security breach you actually move in the pizzeria, escaping from the animatronics while they hunt you. Yes, the chapters before help wanted are made with "cheap jumpscares", but they managed somehow to get lot of attention.

    However, I don't know and don't honestly believe that the fnaf fandom is more toxic than the dbd fandom, until at least I don't see actually toxic messages/posts. Also because, I doubt there are people like in the dbd community who say "Hang yourself" or heavily insult you and your family, wishing you illness

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3377391#Comment_3377391

    It got bad enough that the subreddit for DBD literally BANNED any mention of FNAF.

    Their fandom is somehow more toxic than DBD. It seems to be made up of children and adults who act like children, for the most part.

    Ultimately, FNAF won't work in DBD. It was an almost unique horror game in 2014, but it really only has some cheap jumpscares going for it. There's very little substance to the game and it simply won't translate well.

    So yes, I'm all for denying that toxic community a way in.

    Oh and one last thing, FNAF would work really well in dbd. Sprintrap will fit better in dbd than FNAF, if you want, I'll also give you a concept that I imagined (based on the original game of Springtrap, FNAF 3), so you can see how well it would run on dbd

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3377391#Comment_3377391

    If "ruined" is too strong a word for you, then I suppose "took the wind out of the sails" is more appropriate? Regardless, they were spamming everything to do with the chapter on social media and picking fights. It was my first introduction to the fanbase, and I can see why people say they aren't keen to deal with them.

    And I would disagree with the possibility of it being a fantastic chapter. But that just comes down to personal preference. My 6 and 8 year olds play it and it's jumpscare robot animals.

    I'm sad this happened, also because it is a minority of the community. Unfortunately, every community has its toxic side and thankfully, most are not like that. But just as on dbd there are those who wish you sickness and tell you to commit suicide, on FNAF there are people who probably didn't understand the importance of Pinhead and felt "robbed" of the chapter they've been waiting for for years.

    Also, as I said to the other guy, FNAF will be a top chapter. Sprintrap will fit better in dbd than FNAF, there are so many possibilities for it to be strong and funny to play/face. Try it if you want, it wouldn't get all this attention if it sucked

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376894#Comment_3376894

    It's a children's game.

    It attracts some of the worst people. When there was even a possibility that the next chapter was FNAF, the Forums and Reddit were flooded with spam posts and if you disagreed, woah boy get ready for some absolutely toxic vitriol.

    The creator.

    FNAF for the anniversary, plz. It's the undisputed most requested DBD chapter of all time (only F13 comes even remotely close), and the people who want it far out weigh those who don't, by leaps and bounds, to the point of being comical.

    Those "children" who grew up with FNAF are adults now, and we see Springtrap as an icon of video game horror. Its laughable to think he doesn't have a place in the video game hall of fame that is Dead by Daylight. And thats not including the fact that FNAF's story is far from kid friendly. Its the stuff of nightmares

    I have to be honest, I look at people who think FNAF is for children the same way I look at someone who just said "My wallet tastes good."

  • @Sandt21 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376907#Comment_3376907

    FNAF for the anniversary, plz. It's the undisputed most requested DBD chapter of all time (only F13 comes even remotely close), and the people who want it far out weigh those who don't, by leaps and bounds, to the point of being comical.

    Those "children" who grew up with FNAF are adults now, and we see Springtrap as an icon of video game horror. Its laughable to think he doesn't have a place in the video game hall of fame that is Dead by Daylight. And thats not including the fact that FNAF's story is far from kid friendly. Its the stuff of nightmares

    I have to be honest, I look at people who think FNAF is for children the same way I look at someone who just said "My wallet tastes good."

    FNAF is literally (other than Jeepers Creepers) the most controversial license.

    A lot of the community despises it and a lot are fanatical about wanting it, like yourself.


    The game is marketed for kids. It generates enormous revenue from kids. It's a game for kids.


    FNAF will go down in the same vein as the ######### jumpscare horror movies. An intriguing fad, but nothing of any real substance or innovation.


    Also, you clearly haven't been around for long if you think FNAF is the most requested Chapter.

1 2 ›