Ok, what is this hidden event going on?

Today arrived bugfixing patch and that is great. But what of this new stuff around the map I cannot find info about?

image.png


Called "Genmat". You can pick only one. Purpose is still unknown....

Comments

  • Well I found a video that The King just made explaining what the event is. Here’s a link if you want to watch it. Link: https://youtu.be/Oyxl_50AC4U

    But in short you’re supposedly collecting these genmats and once you collect them , you get charms or at least for now. All I know is that this event was supposed to happen today but I think it might been of a bug of sorts since there’s no official word yet.

  • I collected the Genmat as Legion and got 0k but still unlocked a 'Meet your Maker' charm.

  • I don't know why realese "hidden" promo event when now many players will be asking and be confused what is this, etc.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I believe it's to promote BHVR's upcoming game called "Meet Your Maker" (in which you have to collect genetic material known as Genmat). From what people on Twitter were saying, you have to escape after picking up the genmat to unlock charms/cosmetics.

    Heyo what? I can start collecting genetic material in DBD?

    Niiiice.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I don't know why realese "hidden" promo event when now many players will be asking and be confused what is this, etc.

    Probably it is the intention. It is very beneficial for promotion if it will grow into something big later inside DbD. Like this is just insentive and spark for rumors.

  • Looks like you can get the charm just by picking up the genmat as a survivor. Was killed after the gates were powered and it unlocked for me.

  • Just want to see if I can get some clarification from people here. Do we know how many rewards you can unlock as of now? I've only managed to unlock 1 charm.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Just want to see if I can get some clarification from people here. Do we know how many rewards you can unlock as of now? I've only managed to unlock 1 charm.

    I saw in other threads someone mentioned a flower or something and after interacting with it they got a shirt cosmetic. Idk much about it other than that ; ; I wish there was an actual announcement about this event and what it entails, orz

  • I collected one as survivor and then the killer DCed so I didn't get any reward. This was after a match with a 3 gen camping, slugging Skull Merchant, that brought an RPD offering, where it wouldn't even let me collect the Genmat because the prompt was glitched. Such a fun game.