The Spirit (Slight Tweak Needed)
So, as a Spirit main it's very annoying when I have to break the the chase and end the chase music just to hear grunts of pain during my phase walk. I'd like if the chase doesn't end when phase walking but the chase music gets cut off until after you're done with phase walking.
"Increase your headset volume"
No, I don't wanna use ear aids when I'm older just because I can't hear the survivor's grunts of pain with the chase music. The developers can easily make this change in a few dozen of lines coding and save our ears.
"Spirit is already great and this would make her more OP"
Actually, this wouldn't make her OP since we aren't removing the survivor's counter play. Additionally, we are just fixing something to make her more playable: Not having to lose both ears just to hear the grunts of pain.
"What about sound compression?"
Yes, but it would be even cooler if you don't have to change your settings for a single game and then change them back when you don't wanna play Dead by Daylight.
Basically there's no reason to not add this to the Spirit as it will save countless ears!
Common Complaints:
"Increase your headset volume"
No, I don't wanna use ear aids when I'm older just because I can't hear the survivor's grunts of pain with the chase music. The developers can easily make this change in a few dozen of lines coding and save our ears.
"Spirit is already great and this would make her more OP"
Actually, this wouldn't make her OP since we aren't removing the survivor's counter play. Additionally, we are just fixing something to make her more playable: Not having to lose both ears just to hear the grunts of pain.
"What about sound compression?"
Yes, but it would be even cooler if you don't have to change your settings for a single game and then change them back when you don't wanna play Dead by Daylight.
Basically there's no reason to not add this to the Spirit as it will save countless ears!
Comments
Not that I'm against it as the sound compression now makes hearing that much more difficult, but take it from me, I will be deaf in my 40's from all the loud music I constantly play in my ears. With Stridor, you'll hear just fine.
I don't remember it being a problem pre-update. But yeah footsteps, breathing, and groans of pain all seem a bir quiet right now and music is definitely too loud. Stridor doesn't seem anywhere near as effective as it was pre-update either.
Hopefully they can fix the audio soon.
Idk, I haven't noticed much difference in OG stridor over this stridor since the change. I still find myself getting more correct positions as Spirit than not when using it... Maybe I should test it again. Now that I think about it, I have run my face into a survivor more than a couple times since the update, believing they might be farther than they actually are. The mixing is a problem.
Spirit is basically unplayable for me since the patch. Sound should be fixed in Jan.
I just know when I tried Stridor before it was amazing. Now I wouldn't say I'm noticing much difference.
But if the chase music is known to be blaring too loud anyway then I guess it night be whats affecting stridor a bit.
The breathings definitely bad. I used to be able to hear it without stridor from a good distance. Now I have to be right next to them to hear it.
The audio issues that came with that Unreal Engine update really ######### over Spirit. Things won't get better until they restore the audio.
Wait until they fix the audio. Spirit was just fine before, now she's borderline impossible to use because sound is so important for her, more than any other killer.
Yes the sound needs fix. BUT when you play the game so long, you know the most of the time the path of the surv. If you dont wanna use your ears...use your eyes with the Bloodhound perk. Or change the killer, is more easy than wait until the game is fixed soon
This ^^
All of these issues are just because of the games current audio problems from the patch which the devs have already acknowledged and are working on.