This Chapter Release...

I do not think I have seen a worse Chapter release than this, and I feel bad for BHVR, since a lot of time and resources were invested into this Chapter, but regardless, the quality of the content is something we must always be critical of, criticism is important.

As some people have noticed, the Tools of Torment DLC is being review bombed on different platforms (PSN, Steam, etc.), and Ive seen people say "it isnt deserved", and to a degree, I agree but I also disagree. This has been one of the most unfortunate Chapter releases to watch unfold.

I have been playing Survivor to try and face the new Killer, and I have YET to see a single person play Skull Merchant. I have unironically seen more Twins and Hags than I ever have seen the Skull Merchant since the Chapter release.

This is also one of the only Chapter release I have seen, where the Killer queues are quick because nobody is playing the new Killer. Everyone wants to face the new Killer because their power is too situational ("jack of all trades, master of none"), but nobody wants to actively play the new Killer because they just are not fun or interesting.

I wanted to see this Chapter do well, since I really want BHVR to succeed, I just think it's really hard to deny that this Chapter is received very poorly by the community, and hopefully BHVR can take this as a learning experience to make better content for the community.

Comments

  • I personally love her design and general concept. I just think the execution is subpar, and she doesn't fit into the current version of DBD that well, with 3 genning already being such a valid strategy.

    Her 3 gen power needs to be reduced a bit, and her general viability needs to be increased. Then people would be much happier with her. I really hope BHVR takes their time to actually fix her, because in my opinion her design in general is great.

  • The only good thing this patch in my eyes is shelter woods update (which helps as survivor, but gives me exactly nothing as killer).

    And I guess there are a few "ok" perks for both sides, but nothing I look forward to use.

    I actually hope nobody will use (at least in my games) the new killer, because it's unfun to play as or against (bad chases, only viable in super boring 3gen plays) - making this chapter as a whole so bad/boring, that the game would be in better state without it.