Call of Brine & Overcharge Are Doomed

Nerfing Eruption is not enough to stop the 3 gen strat. With another killer released centered on 3 gens, the community (survivors) will demand changes prompting the devs to eliminate the last two perks that allow for gen pressure and controlling the game without winning chases, which will hurt weaker killers who can’t afford to commit to chases and need to kick gens and stall out the game in order to have a chance at winning. At this point, I’m almost wishing 6.1 never happened as we’re looking at a meta less varied than before with killers being left with no good perks due to all the nerfs the devs keep giving into. Hope you enjoy your 20 minute ques because we’re going back to post Boon survivor que times assuming what I’m saying comes true.

Comments

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364452#Comment_3364452

    Totally agree with this. Except!

    I don't play gen regression perks. I find them boring and kind of makes the game.. well, boring. I have 60-70% win rate typically. (3k+)

    I main Trapper. Everyone says he's the weakest killer. So from my perspective, gen regression perks are for people who have a low bar of skill. They need it right? Survivors are too stronk? Lets regress some gens. Pffft.

    Right, because you lost a bunch and lowered your mmr to a point where you actually can play this way.


    Believe me, when i lower my mmr on purpose, i end up with entirely different kinds of games.

  • Surely, it will be okay!

    @Sonzaishinai said:

    I hope they buff chase perks hard when they do that. I want to see a 3 chase perk one slowdown perk meta

    ... yeah yeah i know, i can dream

    This would make quite a difference. Hope they do something like that because my poor GF can only take so many pallets to his beautiful mask 😢i mean he's already bleeding over his mask man >.<

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3378960#Comment_3378960

    PGTW deletes 22.5% of a gen's current progress (+ the 2.5% at base brings it up to the 25% we once had) and lasts for 60 seconds

    BHVR just gutted PR and OverBrine so it's the least they could do really

    To be fair, the nerfs to PR and especially Overbrine might be needed with the nerf to healing that survivors are receiving. We'll have to wait and see, but I think these nerfs might be fine, as long as the healing nerf stays. If it gets toned down, I would hope they also tone down the nerf to at least PR, and buff Pop a bit more again. Call of Brine and Overcharge being nerfed this much is fine by me though, might make at least some people not hate Skull Merchant anymore as well, who I personally like a lot.

  • It's just a change in meta, there will be new strategies that everyone will hate (hit&run will be back, have fun with all the Wraiths, Legions and Hags with Nurses Calling and Sloppy while you heal for a minute every time)

    On the other side, of course the survs will adapt, they will just rush gens even more while being injured in hope to get their Adrenaline. Good chasers who don't get injured will be rewarded but teams who give away easy hits will be punished by being injured for the whole game OR lose a lot of time with healing. The Dead Hard nerf will make chases shorter for our beloved killer mains who love to complain about this perk every day. Not sure how this update is gonna play out but i'm not afraid since i love playing Hit&Run and generally playing more surprising instead of defending a 3-gen.

  • They need to revert Pop. Like Honestly

  • As if holding people hostage with 3 gen takes skill...

  • They did also Nerf COH which also contributed to the problem because killer kicks of gen hit survivor goes to Boon and heal survivor goes back call of brine gives notification killer goes back hit survivor kicks gen again survivor goes to Boon and heal and the process repeats until one side messes up if they NERFED one side without nerfing the other, then it would be problematic at least that’s my take on the 3-GEN scenario

1 2 ›