Yes this isn't somethign that went through to the Live Build. The PTB showed issues with the Survivor screams starting sooner (more in line with the animations) and killer perk interactions such as Pain Res. This is unintentional so this proposed change to the screams has been reverted for the time being.
The audio change was not intended to affect perks, it was not a balance change.
Haven't been reverted on the bots, at least. Played several bot games and the hook screams were loud and went on for a laughably long time on multiple survivors.
i like long screams they sound pretty cool and natural but some screams last for like 7 seconds they need to be adjusted and also long screams were in the game back many years ago so i dont get why some people so mad about them being in the game again
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
In my match Jonah was screaming for so long on hook it sounded like he was singing haha.
So did a Leon lmao I actually stopped what I was doing because I was concerned he had glitched and was going to scream for the entirety of the match
I like it personally but some are way longer than others especially leon
The hook screams change has been reverted, Mandy mentioned it here:
Haven't been reverted on the bots, at least. Played several bot games and the hook screams were loud and went on for a laughably long time on multiple survivors.
Unfortunately I reckon there's probably some bugs because I've definitely had some year-long screams in live.
I'll go digging through bug reports in a bit and if there isn't one made I'll open one
The screams are awful
i like long screams they sound pretty cool and natural but some screams last for like 7 seconds they need to be adjusted and also long screams were in the game back many years ago so i dont get why some people so mad about them being in the game again
I really like the long screams. Feels like old DBD when survivors get hooked and scream really long :)
Yes, there is clearly a problem, survivors are screaming longer than before, it's too long!
Hang yourself on a hook and you'll scream for more than 8 seconds 😂
Wish it was a permanent change, or even if it was the odd random long scream in a match
Now there’s a good reason to hit on hook.
Just bring up Steam overlay. It's been confirmed to be unintended anyway so they'll remove it at some point.