Congratulations, everyone! Trapper is not the worst killer now! 🥳
Jokes aside, I'm completely lost... Played 5 matches with Merchant and still cannot come back to my senses.
A) Her power is complete trash:
- information drones give almost useless. You can see in UI which survivor near drone, but near which one? This is if drone is active. If not, it is just dissapears (with some survivor help) and you don't know which one.
- Radar shows general direction, but proximity is invalid. I literally ran after survivor with implant with radar on to see what that white dots show. The show nothing useful. Especially if there are multiple implanted survivors. Survivors, obviously, don't care about implants and run with them freely.
- expose effect never happen. Survivor just run away before drone activates. Can't blame them.
- drones deactivates by themselves very fast, but you can reactivate them one at a time with huge delay.
But that is nothing, comparing to the MOST FUNNY PART! Ready?!
- you cannot place drones in half of places! Yay! By trial and error I found out that you cannot place drone near hooked survivor (why?), you cannot place drone near some gens or exit gates, and most confusing thing: you cannot place drone in some areas (no matter open or close)
- that's not all the fun. You managed to place the drone? Good! But don't be surprised when you see it flew to the side and not guarding area you were hoping. Why? Because F U, that's why 😀
I was so confused that I started reading power description very thoroughly. Read it 2 times. Nope, nothing in the fineprint.
B) Besides "interesting" power, after marverlous and gorgeous killers design before, we could have cool cyborg or robo-girl. But we got some booty chick with a fork and halloween homemade tinfoil mask. What? WHAT?
All and all, I'm still sitting with huge blinkless eyes. BHVR fired their super-disigners? BHVR union is on a strike? BHVR has been taken by terrorists? Blink twice if it's true. Otherwise I cannot explain it.... Maybe I'm very spoiled by previous killers (man, I will even say unpopular opinion, but I love Knight and played him for the past 2 months), but this is dowgrade and downfall at best... Please tell me I miss something and got it all wrong, please!
Trying to do Adept, I just gave up and completely skip power usage. And that helped. Just like Trapper with no traps.
P.S. My tier list now:
Nurse -...... huge gap.....- Blight - Spirit -All other killers - Trapper -....... huge gap......- Merchant
Comments
I don’t know, she has a decent lockdown game from how I’ve played her. If you’re into trap type characters, she’s actually got some guns stuff.
That's why one of my questions was "did I miss something?"
Her "traps" shown in huge radius and literally do nothing. If survivor for some reason stays in range (for example, 1 was baiting me to drop chase on death-hook survivor), you hit him long before he gets exposed and expose do nothing. Also these "traps" don't show near which trap survivor is. Let alone that you can't place traps most of the places and traps move in some direction on a whim.
Just spam drones wherever they care to be and camp said spot if they stack on it (that's where exposed value might comes in play)
If they are splitting up and deactivate your drones it's good because it keeps them of gens.
Just pay attention because they may disrespect your power and expose themselves to rush gens... just take chase if they do that cuz that's the money line for this killer...
It's a convoluted insta-down/zoning killer...
That loses to DH because they won't heal and T-bag your exposed status lmao
I have been playing her qute a while now, and she seems stronger than most people gve her credit. She can defend gens pretty well, and her tracking is amazing in my experience. I have been having very good results with her this evening.
I also just find her very fun to play. I really enjoy her design.
I'll give her another go (well, I have to, achievements won't do themselves).
I think my main issue were being unable to place the drone or placed drone end up in completely different spot (for example, I launched a drone on a gen, but it flew to the side so it's scan area don't even cover that gen). So I spent lots of time to either find a spot or replace the drone few times.
Not being allowed to place drones near hooks makes sense... Until you think of Hag
Hag can trap the hook AND teleport to the hook when activated! Skull Merchant has to walk back to the hook.
I guess since survivors cannot instantly break drones with flashlights it was deemed unfair for Skull Merchant..??
Hag is a 110 and doesn't expose you with her traps.
You think survivors are going to sit in Skull Merchant's drone zones for 10 seconds before unhooking..?? 😂
I mean, if they're unhooking, they have to. You need to run inside the drone, unhook, and run out. If that doesn't get you an expose outright, you get most of the progress towards it. On 2nd floor hooks, it guarantees the expose. If Skull Merchant also happens to be undetectable camping good luck.
Her information game is pretty huge, because the drone tracking can't be hidden against you. You can down a survivor, throw out a drone by the body and immediately see if there's anyone nearby trying to go for a save.
I've found her drones are really effective on maps like Midwich, because the drone can lockon survivors on different floors. Only downside is drones only active by survivors from LoS so you have to constantly be re-activating your drones.
Lastly I've been running Spirit Fury + Enduring on her so I can deal with pallets better.
i played the Skull Merchant all day yesterday and only lost 2 games and tied one.
you can see the direction of a survivor in a drones radius on your radar, any survivor in it will show up on your radar.
knowing where a survivor is at all times is a very strong effect- you know if theyre on a gen, or if someone gets healed by someone with a trap, you now know where two people are. knowing where they are is very powerful
thats the point. the threat of exposure keeps survivors away from certain areas (gens, slugged people, hexes etc). if they DO go there, you now know where they are, whether they deactivate the drone or not
the drones are still "active", they just dont start exposing until they spot a survivor. if there were 4 constantly stalking drones, that would be broken. Activating a drone while its being hacked instantly exposes the survivor hacking it, btw
in the time it would take a survivor to run through a drones radius, unhook, and then get out, they would be exposed, and SM could camp in the radius undetectable. it would be free built in MYC without the range requirement.
the drone gets placed exactly where you were when you pressed the button. if you keep walking, the drone will return to where you were when you pressed the button.
hope this helps some of your issues, she really isnt that bad
As a former Hag main I can say that popping Hag's trap near hook is a death sentence, because the killer actually can be there. But for the Merchant, I never experienced the thing when survivor stays in the zone unless he is fooling around or injured already. Plus, as was rightfully mentioned before, Merchant has to walk to that place, unlike Hag.
Yes, Hag is strong, but not Nurse-filthy-strong. That doesn't require new killer to be very weak. Myers, for example, can stare at the hook and suck both survivors and get Exposed, much easier and reliable than drones, and he still need to walk towards survivors. Is he OP?
Oh yeah that's something you need to get used to for sure. It tripped me up during the ptb quite often.
Her drones get placed in the exact positition that you are when you press the power button. So if you are moving forward while doing so, the drones will just fly back to where you were the moment you used the power. It looks a bit weird, which is why you need to get used to a bt.
The more I play with her, the more I even think she might be viable. I think she is a fun and strong killer personally. That's at least my early impressions.
No it's because you can't make a good killer without a majority of the community coming here to complain (there are more survivors than killers)
So they either nerf older ones or purposely release new killers with flaws as big as the sun.
Because the only fun that counts is the one survivors have at the gate t-bagging.