Forcefully kicked from match

Since I started regularly playing DBD again sometime in January, I have been continually forced out of matches and given a DC penalty, the highest being a 6-hour penalty that originally triggered me writing this post. I am now rewriting in hopes that someone at Behavior will take me a little more seriously, without losing all the discussion other people have had in the comments. I play DBD on Xbox Series S and this issue has occurred while in matches as both survivor and killer, you will find in the comments below that players on every platform are also experiencing this issue.

I start by loading into DBD without any other games or apps running, I choose to play as either survivor or killer and load into a match without any issues. My latency is usually around 40-50 ms and I never have issues with my internet, I will play the match as I normally do, usually I am kicked while doing actions such as working on gens or attempting to vault in chase, it doesn't matter what point of the match it is or how long the match lasts. Sometimes when I am kicked there is no warning at all, while other times I will see other players running straight into walls or I will be unable to do any actions until I am kicked. I am always kicked to the endgame screen with a disconnected from host pop up, in the endgame screen it tells me that the killer has also disconnected from the match and I am able to see all of their perks, the killer is not disconnected as when I play with friends they are able to finish the match as usual. I click out of the error message and click back to go back to my lobby, I have never been kicked from my own lobby just the match itself. Whenever this happens I can check my latency and it does not change, if I am in an Xbox party with friends I do not get kicked from that party and they can hear me as it is happening, I will often tell them I am being kicked before it happens which I would not be able to do if this was an internet issue.

I have found this happens more often when I sit in my lobby too long without readying up or when I switch to a different character, which makes it really hard if I am waiting for friends to join or I want to upgrade in my blood web. Even knowing this and avoiding doing those actions, I will still get kicked from matches and receive higher and higher penalties. I genuinely believe this is a server issue and not a personal internet issue.

I ask that someone at least tries to look into this, as I would hate to no longer be able to play on my account I have spent money and worked hard on. I am willing to give more information as needed.

Below is a clip of what happens while I am being kicked, as you can see I checked my latency in game and it seems to be fine. After the video ends the loading screen finishes and I am put in the end game screen with a “Disconnected from host” error. I can also see the killers username, prestige, and all of the perks they are running.

https://youtu.be/PCIswJy8llk


Comments

  • @trendyfartknocker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3574781#Comment_3574781

    I suspect the cause is different for everyone, but I felt it was worth sharing my case for others.

    Playing fine this morning, still no issue. Even the intermittent stutter typical of DBD is completely gone.

    Could very well be that DBD code is just not resilient to errors, and the errors in my case specifically manifested due to XMP issues, but may be from other sources on other devices. Hard to say for sure.

    Reporting back to say that XMP is now re-enabled without issue. Turns out, something was faulty on the cable modem. Ordered a replacement from Spectrum and have not DC'd ONCE in 2 days, ~5 hours of game play in the past 24 hours.

    Got Frontier fiber coming in on Monday, so meh, whatever.

  • It's been happening several times per play session, every session, for a long while. I've lost count of the number of times a trial is almost over and everyone gets dropped by the server. Everything lost.

    It's especially frustrating when you're doing dailies/tomes and all the credit gets eaten.

    I had a daily yesterday where I had to play Knight and have the guards hit survivors five times. This is already problematic as the guards are good for zoning but actually hitting someone is a long shot. I lucked out and found an AFK survivor and used them to get 3/5 of the hits before they woke up. Managed to get one more hit near the end of the trial on someone else. Four in one trial! The trial is about to end, and poof, all gone. All five people kicked from the server. Insert rage and colorful language.

    Tried all suggestions and methods given in this thread, no change.

  • @HarlockTaliesin said:

    It's been happening several times per play session, every session, for a long while. I've lost count of the number of times a trial is almost over and everyone gets dropped by the server. Everything lost.

    It's especially frustrating when you're doing dailies/tomes and all the credit gets eaten.

    I had a daily yesterday where I had to play Knight and have the guards hit survivors five times. This is already problematic as the guards are good for zoning but actually hitting someone is a long shot. I lucked out and found an AFK survivor and used them to get 3/5 of the hits before they woke up. Managed to get one more hit near the end of the trial on someone else. Four in one trial! The trial is about to end, and poof, all gone. All five people kicked from the server. Insert rage and colorful language.

    Tried all suggestions and methods given in this thread, no change.

    Man that really, really sucks :(

    I really wish i could help but i am affected by the same problem

  • I took a week off from the game to reset my DC penalty, logged back in today and promptly disconnected for 3/4 matches. Right back to a 15 minute ban.

    Here's my logs I guess, again.

    DeadByDaylight.log


  • what's wrong with this game? I am getting disconnected with this stupid "dedicated server blabla is not available" error message while I am talking on discord with my colleagues. So it's definitely not the internet connection. Please fix this! Or disable the matchmaking penalty! It's annoying to get disconnected from a game and as bonus you get a penalty on top. Thank you

  • Is still happen btw and is just wrong and unfair that we get penalities for this.

  • Do not necro old threads.

1 2 3 4 ›