When will the 2.4.0 bugs and localization mistakes be fixed?

@not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits Dear developers and managers, please take away a curiosity. Will the new beautiful map and the various bugs found in patch 2.4.0, as well as the considerable errors of localization / translation, be corrected before or after the Christmas holidays? Is it a question of days or weeks? :)

Comments

  • Well the patch just recently came out and they've said they don't want to knee jerk reaction changes but stead improvements.

    Most of the issues aren't game breaking per se and some of it's related to the latest Unreal Engine update so most likely in the next 6 days or so.

  • @powerbats Maybe I expressed myself badly. I do not speak of changes in the balance of Legion's power and the like, which require observation and weighting times: I refer only to the restoration of the new map (particularly fitting with the Christmas atmosphere), the removal of bugs and crashes (a lot of them have been reported in the proper section of this forum) and the correction of some errors in the localization (I cannot tell you about other languages, but some choices in the Italian translation are seriously confusing and problematic, especially for new users). However, six days are far preferable to having to wait until after the Epiphany: playing the whole Winter Solstice event without the Ormond Resort would be sad, for example. :(

  • @powerbats said:
    Well the patch just recently came out and they've said they don't want to knee jerk reaction changes but stead improvements.

    Most of the issues aren't game breaking per se and some of it's related to the latest Unreal Engine update so most likely in the next 6 days or so.

    The game crash one is a pretty big deal, especially since it happens after offerings have already been burnt...

  • Entità said:

    @not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits Dear developers and managers, please take away a curiosity. Will the new beautiful map and the various bugs found in patch 2.4.0, as well as the considerable errors of localization / translation, be corrected before or after the Christmas holidays? Is it a question of days or weeks? :)

    I mean about the translation, as long as it's understandable then it's fine. They can make it more understandable in the future when they have spare time. Additionally, going to one language to another is really difficult since there are things like masculine and feminine, accents, gammar, language rules, and etc.

    English: (Easy to Translate)
    Hello, Dead by Daylight is very interesting and it's my favorite video game! 

    French: (Harder to Translate)
    Bonjour, Dead by Daylight est très interestant et c'est mon (ou ma) jeu vidèo préféré!
  • @Entità said:
    @powerbats Maybe I expressed myself badly. I do not speak of changes in the balance of Legion's power and the like, which require observation and weighting times: I refer only to the restoration of the new map (particularly fitting with the Christmas atmosphere), the removal of bugs and crashes (a lot of them have been reported in the proper section of this forum) and the correction of some errors in the localization (I cannot tell you about other languages, but some choices in the Italian translation are seriously confusing and problematic, especially for new users). However, six days are far preferable to having to wait until after the Epiphany: playing the whole Winter Solstice event without the Ormond Resort would be sad, for example. :(

    Now worries I assumed that was part of what you were referring to which is why i encompassed the overall issues in my response.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    @powerbats said:
    Well the patch just recently came out and they've said they don't want to knee jerk reaction changes but stead improvements.

    Most of the issues aren't game breaking per se and some of it's related to the latest Unreal Engine update so most likely in the next 6 days or so.

    The game crash one is a pretty big deal, especially since it happens after offerings have already been burnt...

    Yes, but it's also not something super easily fixed and throwing something out there hastily always backfires which is why they need to test it internally and then make sure the fix isn't worse.

  • could we at least get a temporary measure? like say, making it so offerings don't get burned until the map loads in?

  • @Nickenzie These are not grammatical errors, but dangerous terminological choices (that confuse "healing" and "mending", "repairing" and "recovery", to be clear), missing pieces, parts left in English or specific words translated in two different ways (so as to make it believe that they are different state effects, rather than simple inconsistencies in the translation of the same concept). I am sure that the developers will quickly and efficiently remedy the problem: I have full confidence in their work, and I always try to support and facilitate them with analytical and detailed reports. :)

    @powerbats said:

    @Ryuhi said:

    @powerbats said:
    Well the patch just recently came out and they've said they don't want to knee jerk reaction changes but stead improvements.

    Most of the issues aren't game breaking per se and some of it's related to the latest Unreal Engine update so most likely in the next 6 days or so.

    The game crash one is a pretty big deal, especially since it happens after offerings have already been burnt...

    Yes, but it's also not something super easily fixed and throwing something out there hastily always backfires which is why they need to test it internally and then make sure the fix isn't worse.

    Let me be clear, I have no intention to make the developers rush: I only ask for a reasonable estimate of waiting times, which I will willingly accept for the good of this magnificent game. :)

  • @Entità said:

    Let me be clear, I have no intention to make the developers rush: I only ask for a reasonable estimate of waiting times, which I will willingly accept for the good of this magnificent game. :)

    I understood that as well, but you're asking for a reasonable timetable but if they say 2 days and then the fix is worse than the original or takes longer they get accused of lying. They haven't given a timetable because they don't know yet.

    Once they've got a fix that looks reasonably stable they'll announce a reasonable timetable ie 2 days or next week on normal patch days.

    It also has to go through the certification process on platforms if it's something major.

  • @powerbats said:
    I understood that as well, but you're asking for a reasonable timetable but if they say 2 days and then the fix is worse than the original or takes longer they get accused of lying. They haven't given a timetable because they don't know yet.

    Not from me: it is clear that between the planning and the realization of an intervention, many unforeseen events can occur. As soon as they have a clear idea of the times, they will answer, and my simple curiosity will be satisfied: there is no urgency.

  • @Entità said:

    @powerbats said:
    I understood that as well, but you're asking for a reasonable timetable but if they say 2 days and then the fix is worse than the original or takes longer they get accused of lying. They haven't given a timetable because they don't know yet.

    Not from me: it is clear that between the planning and the realization of an intervention, many unforeseen events can occur. As soon as they have a clear idea of the times, they will answer, and my simple curiosity will be satisfied: there is no urgency.

    Perhaps not from you but given the ahem past events where they gave a timetable and then things went awry they've learned to simply wait to be certain. The Clown chapter release is a prime example.