Can this get me banned?


I am currently playing Santa clown and am choosing to kill specific survivors at random. Randomly choosing to let an x amount of them live/die. Then let the rest leave?

Comments

  • Don't think so as long as you "pretend" to kill some of the others too

  • @EntityDispleased said:
    Probably. This can look the same as working with the killer to ruin other people's fun which is bannable.

    Also, clown's belly button with the maggots is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

    Look and is the same is far from the same.
    I know it is great.

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Don't think so as long as you "pretend" to kill some of the others too

    @EntityDispleased said:
    Probably. This can look the same as working with the killer to ruin other people's fun which is bannable.

    Also, clown's belly button with the maggots is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

    Honestly, if that is the way you would have to play the game is quite pathetic. However, working with the killer is bannable this is clearly not that therefore they would have no case.

  • The Rules

    This would most likely fall under the unfairly targeting someone to ruin their experience.

    Would this be a correct assessment @not_Queen , @Peanits , @MandyTalk ?

  • @EntityDispleased said:
    Jdsgames said:

    @EntityDispleased said:

    Probably. This can look the same as working with the killer to ruin other people's fun which is bannable.

    Also, clown's belly button with the maggots is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

    Look and is the same is far from the same.

    I know it is great.

    Picture it from a mod's perspective, they see you mercilessly tunnelling and camping a survivor while letting the others do gens as you watch them. What would they conclude from this? Also, "look" and "same" have no connection in meaning whatsoever so what you just said makes no sense. I said it'll look as if you're working with survivors against other survivors, which is the same as working with the killer in the eyes of someone reviewing the report. You should get the stick out of your behind and post your opinion without attacking others' opinions. 

    Edit: I just realized you're the op, if that's what you thought all along, why did you bother posting this?

    Because I want clarification. Other than "Well I assume it would break this rule" as I am not camping/tunneling them down. I simply don't let them leave. Far from it, however, under non-bannable offenses is Tunneling and Camping. Therefore even I was doing that method of elimination it wouldn't be bannable either. I am simply saying I choose two people at random that I will kill and two I will let go. As I have already hit R1 there is no need to 'tryhard' every match.

  • I don't think they would ban for that because they've made it a point to say that if you harass a particular survivor every game you play against them, that's against the rules. They didn't say you can't do it randomly.

  • EntityDispleased said:
    Picture it from a mod's perspective, they see you mercilessly tunnelling and camping a survivor while letting the others do gens as you watch them. What would they conclude from this?
    That they are tunneling?
  • No this is not bannable. You can camp and tunnel as much you like. There is no rule who you should chase, for how long you suppose to chase someone and that you have to hook, chase or down the survivors in a specific order.

    All these claims of unfun game would also apply if a survivor loop you over and over, blind you and stuns you. You can use all the mechanic in the game how you please as long you don't use exploits or cheat in an other way.

    Is it an effective way to play? Hell no!
    But if it's your fun, you like to rp and be obsessed with one survivor go for it.

    It's not like you cheated the focused down survivor in anyway. He missplayed, get caught, hit, down and on the hook.
  • @Cymer said:
    No this is not bannable. You can camp and tunnel as much you like. There is no rule who you should chase, for how long you suppose to chase someone and that you have to hook, chase or down the survivors in a specific order.

    All these claims of unfun game would also apply if a survivor loop you over and over, blind you and stuns you. You can use all the mechanic in the game how you please as long you don't use exploits or cheat in an other way.

    Is it an effective way to play? Hell no!
    But if it's your fun, you like to rp and be obsessed with one survivor go for it.

    It's not like you cheated the focused down survivor in anyway. He missplayed, get caught, hit, down and on the hook.

    I normally play Huntress and get tired of 3/4ks 95% of the matches.

  • Probably not, Dying Light is the same as killing specific Survivors, and letting people go is never bannable unless you do it AFK style.

    ...which is kinda weird now that i think about it: AFKing all the time is, eventually, bannable, since it "ruins the enjoyment of Survivors who want to play the game normally", yet being a friendly Killer's fine.

  • Kill whoever you want and then just play bad. Lunge too early, take bad paths, "lose" the survivor, if anyone asks just say you got lucky at first. Can't be banned for being bad 😉
  • I wouldn’t think it would, it’s not like you’re breaking or abusing any mechanic. It’s really just tunneling, but since that’s not really bannable, go for it??