Forum experiment (trying to understand a forum bug)

Issue understood, thanks everyone.


If a user gets a notification from someone in his ignore list, then the notification doesn't appear and he can't clear it.

The workaround was to find out who was the source of the notification by un-ignoring, reacting to the possible notification, and ignoring again.

Clear all notifications probably only checks the printed notifications then cosmetically clears the number. Once the page is reloaded, the notification numbers shows the notification of the ignored, invisible, message.

Comments

  • The forum has been wonky AF the last...well...a while :D

    I've managed to get rid of my 1 when I just hammer the hell out of the "Mark All Read" button in my notifications but it doesn't always work. I've received notifications for quotes that didn't happen (though I suppose it's not impossible they deleted my quote in their message for some reason) and I've had quotes that wouldn't go away until I did the "Mark All Read" thing a couple of times.

    But here is your @drsoontm

  • Does clicking "mark all as read" get rid of it?

    Also there are tiny black circles on the things you haven't clicked on, just hard to see cause it's black on black

    Also also @drsoontm

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    The forum has been wonky AF the last...well...a while :D

    I've managed to get rid of my 1 when I just hammer the hell out of the "Mark All Read" button in my notifications but it doesn't always work. I've received notifications for quotes that didn't happen (though I suppose it's not impossible they deleted my quote in their message for some reason) and I've had quotes that wouldn't go away until I did the "Mark All Read" thing a couple of times.

    But here is your @drsoontm

    @Sonzaishinai said:

    Does clicking "mark all as read" get rid of it?

    Also there are tiny black circles on the things you haven't clicked on, just hard to see cause it's black on black

    Also also @drsoontm

    Nothing works (mark all as read clears it until I load a page).

    Thank you both. Let me check the counter now.

    edit: The counter keeps at 1.

    Has one of you a thread he can be '@' in ? Maybe the limit of the bug is "1".

    edit: I've tried to hammer it, I've tried for several days. In my "private" page it shows "1" next to "Notifications" but nothing on the list appears different.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3344349#Comment_3344349

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3344351#Comment_3344351

    Nothing works (mark all as read clears it until I load a page).

    Thank you both. Let me check the counter now.

    edit The counter keeps at 1.

    Has one of you a thread he can be '@' in ? Maybe the limit of the bug is "1".

    Ping Sent

    Also my 1 went away without clicking on "Mark all read" so maybe it's something on your end? You could try to reach out to a Mod and see.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3344353#Comment_3344353

    Ping Sent

    Also my 1 went away without clicking on "Mark all read" so maybe it's something on your end? You could try to reach out to a Mod and see.

    I'm using several computers. A couple of windows, a handful of Linuxes, one Android (yes, technically a Linux too) : all have the issue.

    Funny thing: none of the entries has that black dot telling "not read" (or "new" ?).

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3344357#Comment_3344357

    I'm using several computers. A couple of windows, a handful of Linuxes, one Android (yes, technically a Linux too) : all have the issue.

    Funny thing: none of the entries has that black dot telling "not read" (or "new" ?).

    That's why I wonder if there's something wrong with your account period. Basically something is stuck in the back end that you're not going to be able to do anything about and you'll need a mod to whack the server and see if it shakes it out

    @Mandy Is this something that you might be able to help with?

  • I've noticed, unlike the old forums, clicking on one notification doesn't clear the others. You have to click on each one. Also have you checked your profile comments (that still a thing?)? Maybe someone left you a message there.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3344359#Comment_3344359

    That's why I wonder if there's something wrong with your account period. Basically something is stuck in the back end that you're not going to be able to do anything about and you'll need a mod to whack the server and see if it shakes it out

    @Mandy Is this something that you might be able to help with?

    I've got it. (The Teddy Bear principles always applies)

    When you were speaking about "on your end" and something with my account, it occurred to me.

    The bug is : if someone in your ignore list appears in the notifications, you get the notification but without seeing why.

    So it's something to fix on the forum code.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    The forum has been wonky AF the last...well...a while :D

    I've managed to get rid of my 1 when I just hammer the hell out of the "Mark All Read" button in my notifications but it doesn't always work. I've received notifications for quotes that didn't happen (though I suppose it's not impossible they deleted my quote in their message for some reason) and I've had quotes that wouldn't go away until I did the "Mark All Read" thing a couple of times.

    But here is your @drsoontm

    The Quotes that never happened means either a Mod or the poster deleted the response.....I had a few "responses" to me that magically vanished and I see a Mod (usually Rizzo or Washu) posting a general warning to the whole post.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3344362#Comment_3344362

    I've got it. (The Teddy Bear principles always applies)

    When you were speaking about "on your end" and something with my account, it occurred to me.

    The bug is : if someone in your ignore list appears in the notifications, you get the notification but without seeing why.

    So it's something to fix on the forum code.

    Oh perfect! (well...not perfect but I'm glad you got it figured out)

    @Mandy said:

    Welcome to our new updated Forums!

    We know it's different and that change is always a bit strange, we want to make this forum feel as much of a home as the previous one did, it is a work in progress on some things as you can see.

    We're happy to hear your feedback on the new forum and whilst we won't be able to implement everything we will do our best to get the forums to your liking! We'll keep the feedback to this thread so the Mods will be moving posts here, this is just so that we can keep track of the comments easily.

    We do have a couple of known issues:

    • Home Button on the top left of the bar - this is a temporary measure to assist our mobile users
    • Recent Discussions pulling from all games
    • New Post Count - this is showing too dark on the comments

    Thank you all for the patience you've shown whilst we work on this.

    Mandy

    They have a Forum Feedback section where I think you could bring this to their attention (though presumably Mandy will also wander in here at some point since I pinged them but this is where you would post these kinds of issues I believe)

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3344369#Comment_3344369

    Oh perfect! (well...not perfect but I'm glad you got it figured out)

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/357669/forum-feedback

    They have a Forum Feedback section where I think you could bring this to their attention (though presumably Mandy will also wander in here at some point since I pinged them but this is where you would post these kinds of issues I believe)

    I will put the summary of the issue at the top. I presume that, as you said, Mandy will notice it and then process it adequately.